Official NBA Finals Game 5: 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!

Los Angeles

formerly bright nikes
nba-finals-schedule-2009.jpg

00-Lakerslogos.gif

moz-screenshot-28.jpg
246.jpg
110.jpg
2426.jpg
996.jpg
2748.jpg

FISHER - BRYANT- ARIZA - GASOL - BYNUM

@

00-Magiclogos.gif

11.jpg
3445.jpg
2384.jpg
469.jpg
862.jpg

ALSTON - LEE - HOWARD - LEWIS -TURKOGLU

Alright, the Game 4 thread has fallen back from page 1 - and it's time to separate ourselves from all that bickering in that thread and have discussion about Game 5.

I called Lakers in 6 and I fully believe the Magic will take this game, and we'll go back to L.A to duke it out.

Let's see how bad the Lakers want this, will they close it out and take any hope whatsoever this team has left or will they open the door for the Magic and let them take this game?

Will SVG keep ++@+++% up the mentality of Rafer leaving him to rott on the bench? Will D12 dominate? Will Shard show up after his ghostly performance last game? So many questions, we'll find out tomorow.

With that said, let's go LAKESHOW.
pimp.gif

The only way I see us winning this is if Kobe plays lights out like he did in Game 1. I don't see that happening so I think the Magic will probably takeit; I wouldn't be surprised if the team gets complacent knowing they only need to win 1 more game or they'd subconsciously rather win on their homefloor.

If we somehow survive the early storm of emotion that the arena will surely have and we keep it close in the second half, we might just break their will andsteal the game.

However,

I called us in 6 originally, so it wouldn't surprise me if we have sort of a let down, and let this slip away.

I hope that Phil preaches them on closing this up early, not letting the Magic get any sort of hope, or risk any injury that might screw us the deeper in theseries we get.

Win it now, end all hope, bring me what I deserve.

Let's get it.
pimp.gif

your 1st pic NEVER works brightnikes

and phil was fined 25K for going off on the refs after the 1st QTR

^Yo bigmike, are you on your phone or pc?

cause on my phone I can't see it, but on my pc I can.

I been too lazy to find a new one.

edit: hows that?

Mike, are you talkin about the on air comments Phil made to ABC, or something he said to the actual refs?

It obviously didn't help us any in the 4th quarter and OT, shoulda got his money's worth at least.
laugh.gif

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...gic-lakers-gina-13061309jun13,0,6610913.story

Gina Incandela to sing again at Game 5

June 13, 2009

Gina Incandela isn't hanging her head about the Lakers' 99-91 overtime win Thursday. She is looking forward to her final performance this Sunday atAmway Arena.

The seven-year-old power singer performed the national anthem at eight consecutive home playoff games, seven of which the Magic won. Thursday marked the firstloss.

More significantly, Gina's story about how singing helped her autism reached national and international attention - thanks to ESPN Brazil.

"It's been a great experience and we have enjoyed every second and continue to enjoy every moment until the very end," her mom, Michelle, said.

She and her husband Dwayne talked to their daughter about the possibility of the team losing so little Gina would not believe she actually affected theteam's outcome.

Michelle said her daughter remains optimistic about the Magic's Finals run, even asking, "It's not over yet, Mom, right?" after the game.

"Hey, the odds were against her at one point," Michelle said. "We don't pay any attention to odds at this point."

Shannon J. Owens

OF THE SENTINEL STAFF

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The NBA has fined Lakers coach Phil Jackson $25,000 for criticizing the officials during Game 4 of the Finals.

The league also penalized the Lakers $25,000 on Saturday for Jackson's comments, which came during an interview with ABC between the first and second quarters of their 99-91 overtime victory Thursday.

Jackson said there were some "bogus" calls after the Lakers' Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum each picked up two fouls in the first quarter.

Game 5 of the NBA Finals is at 8 p.m. Sunday on ABC.

lets go LAKERS!!
pimp.gif

hopefully nick anderson wont have to help out again...

Jesus. 50 grand for sayin some calls were bogus during an in game interview???
grin.gif

Stern is a clown.

6a00d8341c506253ef0115700fb1ac970c-300wi
I realize the Lamar Odom candy thing has been blown up beyond all reasonable proportions... but this is pretty cool. It seems the folks at Wrigley have designed a special version of the Larry O'Brien trophy specifically for LO, made from Skittles, Starburst, Sour Gummi Tape, Life Savers Gummies, and Hubba Bubba:

Kobe can almost taste it
2ljg904.gif
roll.gif

Damn, i got league games at 3 and 5
smh.gif

Hopefully I'll be at Staples tomorrow night with all the Laker fans, celebrating... Go for the kill boys..

Originally Posted by dyyhard

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...gic-lakers-gina-13061309jun13,0,6610913.story

Gina Incandela to sing again at Game 5

June 13, 2009

Gina Incandela isn't hanging her head about the Lakers' 99-91 overtime win Thursday. She is looking forward to her final performance this Sunday at Amway Arena.

The seven-year-old power singer performed the national anthem at eight consecutive home playoff games, seven of which the Magic won. Thursday marked the first loss.

More significantly, Gina's story about how singing helped her autism reached national and international attention - thanks to ESPN Brazil.

"It's been a great experience and we have enjoyed every second and continue to enjoy every moment until the very end," her mom, Michelle, said.

She and her husband Dwayne talked to their daughter about the possibility of the team losing so little Gina would not believe she actually affected the team's outcome.

Michelle said her daughter remains optimistic about the Magic's Finals run, even asking, "It's not over yet, Mom, right?" after the game.

"Hey, the odds were against her at one point," Michelle said. "We don't pay any attention to odds at this point."

Shannon J. Owens

OF THE SENTINEL STAFF
Man, the Magic are really pushing their luck with this autistic girl.

Back
Top Bottom