Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

From articles I've read Jerry Buss is all for hardcaps and revenue sharing. THe guy is smart and doesnt want to fight it and waste time. He will still make the money and have the best teams.

From articles I've read Jerry Buss is all for hardcaps and revenue sharing. THe guy is smart and doesnt want to fight it and waste time. He will still make the money and have the best teams.

your next DPOY....whenever that is.

Ibaka also scored 2 more pts than Rubio (donut) in the championship game.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Goodman League vs. Indy Pro-Am - September 24, 2011 @ the Indianapolis Convention Center

Goodman League
Kevin Durant, Caron Butler, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Michael Beasley, Jeff Green, Jarrett Jack

Indy Pro-Am
Zach Randolph, George Hill, Eric Gordon, Shelvin Mack, Gordon Hayward, Lance Stephenson, Mike Conley, JaJuan Johnson

Melo League vs. Team Philly - September 25, 2011 in Philadelphia

Team Philly
Lou Williams, Tyreke Evans, Hakim Warrick, Markieff & Marcus Morris, Kyle Lowry, John Salmons, Wayne Ellington, Jason Thompson, Flip Murray, 'AO'(and-1/streetball)

Melo League
LeBron James, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Eric Bledsoe, Josh Selby, Gary Neal, Donte Greene
“My Philadelphia All-Stars look forward to getting on the court and proving to Melo and the people of Baltimore/DC that the best ballers come out of Philly,

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Goodman League vs. Indy Pro-Am - September 24, 2011 @ the Indianapolis Convention Center

Goodman League
Kevin Durant, Caron Butler, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Michael Beasley, Jeff Green, Jarrett Jack

Indy Pro-Am
Zach Randolph, George Hill, Eric Gordon, Shelvin Mack, Gordon Hayward, Lance Stephenson, Mike Conley, JaJuan Johnson

Melo League vs. Team Philly - September 25, 2011 in Philadelphia

Team Philly
Lou Williams, Tyreke Evans, Hakim Warrick, Markieff & Marcus Morris, Kyle Lowry, John Salmons, Wayne Ellington, Jason Thompson, Flip Murray, 'AO'(and-1/streetball)

Melo League
LeBron James, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Eric Bledsoe, Josh Selby, Gary Neal, Donte Greene
“My Philadelphia All-Stars look forward to getting on the court and proving to Melo and the people of Baltimore/DC that the best ballers come out of Philly,

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i dont get how a hard cap benefits the nba at all?

If you feel that way explain how it doesn't?

well a hard cap is to make things more equal between big and small market teams correct?

wouldnt that mean lower ratings for the nba if smaller market teams make the playoffs and finals?

and what if the small market teams still suck? then what will they blame it on?

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i dont get how a hard cap benefits the nba at all?

If you feel that way explain how it doesn't?

well a hard cap is to make things more equal between big and small market teams correct?

wouldnt that mean lower ratings for the nba if smaller market teams make the playoffs and finals?

and what if the small market teams still suck? then what will they blame it on?

Originally Posted by dyyhard

laugh.gif
ibaka is good. you can tell he's hungry and wants to be the best he can.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

laugh.gif
ibaka is good. you can tell he's hungry and wants to be the best he can.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

naw he has a chance, they wont give it to D12 every year.
Transcendent defender vs. super athletic dude who just blocks shots? It's D12's to lose for a long time. He affects the game in so many ways, and some don't show up on the stat sheet. Ibaka has to rebound A LOT more, and not just go for the home run shot block (ala Shawn Kemp). Dwight alters so many shots and grabs way more defensive rebounds than Ibaka even averages in total rebounds. I know he's young, but he has a long way to go to catch up to the point where he's in the discussion. Keep in mind Orlando would literally be one of the worst defensive squads in the NBA without Dwight, and his presence alone puts them near the top. That's insane.

Transcendent defender vs. super athletic dude who just blocks shots? It's D12's to lose for a long time. He affects the game in so many ways, and some don't show up on the stat sheet. Ibaka has to rebound A LOT more, and not just go for the home run shot block (ala Shawn Kemp). Dwight alters so many shots and grabs way more defensive rebounds than Ibaka even averages in total rebounds. I know he's young, but he has a long way to go to catch up to the point where he's in the discussion. Keep in mind Orlando would literally be one of the worst defensive squads in the NBA without Dwight, and his presence alone puts them near the top. That's insane.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This. There's a difference between a great shot blocker and a great defensive player.

Ibaka & Howard each average 2.4 BPG last season. Howard won the DPOY award, Ibaka finished 14th in voting. Sure, Ibaka's BPG will probably rise whenever the next season is due to him seeing the court more, but it's not going to make much of a difference in the voting.

Guys who get the huge help swats & chase down blocks are entertaining to watch, but don't expect them to be competing for DPOY any time soon.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This. There's a difference between a great shot blocker and a great defensive player.

Ibaka & Howard each average 2.4 BPG last season. Howard won the DPOY award, Ibaka finished 14th in voting. Sure, Ibaka's BPG will probably rise whenever the next season is due to him seeing the court more, but it's not going to make much of a difference in the voting.

Guys who get the huge help swats & chase down blocks are entertaining to watch, but don't expect them to be competing for DPOY any time soon.

The Plot for Kevin Durant’s Movie Revealed

Kevin Durant’s foray into movie stardom has begun in earnest, and as you might expect, the script for his debut film likely won’t be winning any Oscars. From EOB: “According to this iMDb page, Kevin Durant’s new movie is called Switch. It’s set to come out in 2012. It’s starring some actor named ‘Kevin Durant,’ so I’m just assuming this is the movie that Durant’s supposed to be in. Putting two and two together here, I am. The director is John Whitesell who has directed such films as Malibu’s Most Wanted, Big Momma’s House 2 and a bunch of TV episodes of ‘The Cosby’s,’ ‘Law and Order,’ ‘Blossom’ and ‘Coach.’ So as you can see, pretty impeccable resume there. The writers are Eric Champnella (Eddie, Mr. 3000) and Jeff Farley, who this is his first screenplay. The movie’s budget is just $7,000,000 and is being produced by Warner Bros. … Via this casting site, here’s a synopsis for Durant’s movie: ‘In a magical twist, Kevin Durant switches all of his basketball-playing skills with an enthusiastic young fan who becomes the star of his high school team… and leaving Durant and the Thunder helpless. With the playoffs approaching, they need to discover what it is that brought them together before the early end to the Thunder’s season.’

Back
Top Bottom