Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Mavs need to find Eric Gordon ASAP.

Is this possible from a $ and a eric gordon want Perspective? Has there been any talk of Gordon meeting with Dallas?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
this madness.

laugh.gif

no dallas fans in sight
nerd.gif

talking about he wants to come home and all that nonsense, MAN......

343tbt2.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at AMP, talking about dont talk to me about being a fan..... but things looking good in BK?

24bj1bm.jpg

stick with your ""volume scorer"

The Nets can beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Paul Pierce is a year older. KG is a year older. The Celtics needed 7 games to beat the Sixers in the 2nd round. Oh and this team will get better every year. Boston is on the decline. So maybe Y1 Boston is better but Y2-Y4 and however beyond? Brooklyn for sure. 

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Why do keep asking about where the Nyets are getting this money? Honestly? They are owned by one of the richest people in the world, he wipes his @*# with luxury tax penalties.

sick.gif
nah...leave it alone

Japan Air, Nowitness and a few other Mavs fans including myself been here dont take shots at Mavs fans

Just a hypothetical question. Deron for example... since he made a verbal agreement with the Nets, can he later change his mind on July 11 and sign with another team?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
damn...AMP is really dead to folks in here.

I can't respect anyone as a basketball fan if they jump ship to Brooklyn.  Cool folks but I don't think it's being a true fan.  You can say you were a true for X amount of years and give up but I emphatically disagree with that opinion and train of thought.  To each their own but I can't do it.  IMO, you stick with your team.  DJ's as someone who has stuck with the Orioles through thick and thin, how do you feel towards fans who gave up on the O's as soon as the Nats came around?  Similar situations with the owners.

I'll put the Nets O/U at 42 right now.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Code:
No.             Player Pos   Ht  Wt       Birth Date Exp                                    College5        Carlos Boozer F-C  6-9 258 November 20 1981   7                            Duke University9        Ronnie Brewer G-F  6-7 220    March 20 1985   3                     University of Arkansas44      Kyrylo Fesenko   C  7-1 288 December 24 1986   2                                           15     Sundiata Gaines   G  6-1 185    April 18 1986   R                      University of Georgia6       Othyus Jeffers   G  6-5 200    August 5 1985   R              Robert Morris University (IL)47    Andrei Kirilenko   F  6-9 220 February 18 1981   8                                           26         Kyle Korver   F  6-7 210    March 17 1981   6                       Creighton University41        Kosta Koufos   C  7-0 265 February 24 1989   1                      Ohio State University23     Wesley Matthews   G  6-5 220  October 14 1986   R                       Marquette University3          Eric Maynor   G  6-3 175     June 11 1987   R           Virginia Commonwealth University34          C.J. Miles   G  6-6 210    April 18 1987   4                                           24        Paul Millsap   F  6-8 245 February 10 1985   3                  Louisiana Tech University13         Mehmet Okur F-C 6-11 249      May 26 1979   7                                           17        Ronnie Price   G  6-2 190     June 21 1983   4                  Utah Valley State College8       Deron Williams   G  6-3 210     June 26 1984   4 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Code:
Code:
Code:
I say Brooklyn has the potential to be better.
Competition has changed a LOT since 2010...

Originally Posted by E z G z E

Just a hypothetical question. Deron for example... since he made a verbal agreement with the Nets, can he later change his mind on July 11 and sign with another team?

I'm guessing he could do that. But if he did, that would be a B move. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
See, if I was a d-bag I'd go back screen cap and quote those in this thread talkin bout he wants to come home and all that jazz. But I'm not. I mean there's evidence Deron showing he's staying.

Originally Posted by frshstunna

funny how all the Dallas homers posting on every page are nowhere to be seen now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cause they know..... no deron = no d12

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I love the Knicks but I have trouble giving money to an organization that spits in its fans faces time after time. They have long had a monopoly on basketball in NY and no longer do. Raising ticket prices unjustly, not talking to the media in 5 years. I've been a mets jets knicks fan my whole life don't talk to me about real fanhood.

Haze made a post in the knock thread that captured my viewpoints as well, as of today I'm still a knick fanbut cheaper tickets that don't our price fans, accountability etc could change that for me. I love basketball far more than I do the knicks.

Nah, you ain't a Knick fan. Ignore.

Wow, you really got me there.Your a Yankee fan so I don't take anything you say about fanhood seriously in the first place when you sitting In your stadium surrounded by German tourists and people from Idaho

At least the tickets are affordable!

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Is this possible from a $ and a eric gordon want Perspective? Has there been any talk of Gordon meeting with Dallas?

Hornets can match whatever offer he gets.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The Nets can beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Paul Pierce is a year older. KG is a year older. The Celtics needed 7 games to beat the Sixers in the 2nd round. Oh and this team will get better every year. Boston is on the decline. So maybe Y1 Boston is better but Y2-Y4 and however beyond? Brooklyn for sure. 

roll.gif

So you're telling me in a year, both Pierce (who played on a sprained knee the entire postseason and still averaged 19 and 6) and KG, who put up 20/10 for the entire second half of the season and playoffs, are going to transform into hobbled, washed-up nobodies? Not to mention the additions of Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and the continual improvement of Rajon Rondo as well as a LOT more depth than the 2012 season?

Let's not get too caught up in the hype train. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson aren't beating Boston in the playoffs barring a major injury.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

laugh.gif
See, if I was a d-bag I'd go back screen cap and quote those in this thread talkin bout he wants to come home and all that jazz. But I'm not. I mean there's evidence Deron showing he's staying.

it reminds of "why WOULDNT lebron want to come to NY, i mean come on!"

30vj98k.gif

While they are still the Nets, they got a fresh start, and what looks like some momentum going into next season. They left themselves exposed after trading for Deron Williams but the gamble paid off so kudos for making that move. Joe Johnson is still a high level talent, no matter what you think of his contract, and that is a big backourt to match up with anyone. They got themselves some good pieces there and many more rubles to blow.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

He's a RFA so they can offer him whatever. But they have to make a splash

SMH at rationalizing jumping ship. Especiallyaero a team in the same division. There is nothing rational about sports. You pick one team and stay with it. Doesn't matter how much Dolan sucks. Can't even comprehend changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom