Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RipC

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The Nets can beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Paul Pierce is a year older. KG is a year older. The Celtics needed 7 games to beat the Sixers in the 2nd round. Oh and this team will get better every year. Boston is on the decline. So maybe Y1 Boston is better but Y2-Y4 and however beyond? Brooklyn for sure. 

roll.gif

So you're telling me in a year, both Pierce (who played on a sprained knee the entire postseason and still averaged 19 and 6) and KG, who put up 20/10 for the entire second half of the season and playoffs, are going to transform into hobbled, washed-up nobodies? Not to mention the additions of Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and the continual improvement of Rajon Rondo as well as a LOT more depth than the 2012 season?

Let's not get too caught up in the hype train. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson aren't beating Boston in the playoffs barring a major injury.

whats the next mega millions numbers since your so good at this game?

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Mavs need to find Eric Gordon ASAP.

Is this possible from a $ and a eric gordon want Perspective? Has there been any talk of Gordon meeting with Dallas?

He's a RFA so they can offer him whatever. But they have to make a splash
man if he gets a max
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
damn...AMP is really dead to folks in here.

I can't respect anyone as a basketball fan if they jump ship to Brooklyn.  Cool folks but I don't think it's being a true fan.  You can say you were a true for X amount of years and give up but I emphatically disagree with that opinion and train of thought.  To each their own but I can't do it.  IMO, you stick with your team.  DJ's as someone who has stuck with the Orioles through thick and thin, how do you feel towards fans who gave up on the O's as soon as the Nats came around?  Similar situations with the owners.

I'll put the Nets O/U at 42 right now.
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Is this possible from a $ and a eric gordon want Perspective? Has there been any talk of Gordon meeting with Dallas?

man if he gets a max
sick.gif
Suns are supposedly going to offer him 4 years, $58 mil...

Yeah you have to give the Nets props. They traded everything for Deron not knowing how long he stay and he ended up.....staying
pimp.gif

Now who's gonna do the same for Dwight
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You guys sure do take 'fanhood' seriously
roll.gif

And yet some people insist that fans shouldn't say: "we" just won the title!!
laugh.gif

Man, it ain't that serious to me where I'd turn on someone who was cool just cuz he doesn't root as strongly as I do. Flip-flopping is worse to me. One minute you're cheering, then the next season you're rooting for someone else, then back with your first team when they start winning again.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Yeah you have to give the Nets props. They traded everything for Deron not knowing how long he stay and he ended up.....staying
pimp.gif

Now who's gonna do the same for Dwight
nerd.gif
mitch.gif

At least I hope...just roll the damn dice

Originally Posted by MMG

man if he gets a max
sick.gif
Your crazy man, look at the market, your telling me you don't give Eric Gordon 4 years, 58 million. It's crazy out here. You don't think he's better than Roy Hibbert? People are making it rain on Landry %$%%%%+ Fields.  If im the hornets I match no questions asked, charge it to the game.

people forget who got the max or near mac in the past, Eric Gordon fits, it's the post 27 7 year max deals that re4ally f you up. ie joe johnson.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by frshstunna

funny how all the Dallas homers posting on every page are nowhere to be seen now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cause they know..... no deron = no d12
Nah. I actually just went to Target.
laugh.gif
. You wouldn't be able to get rid of me if we went 0-82.
laugh.gif

Mavs will first go after Nash first and foremost. That's no-brainer. Nash and Lin are apparently their main two options. I really don't want anything to do with Lin because A) He's restricted and that means we have to wait around and are screwed if the Knicks match, and B) I'm not buying into the hype and giving him a fat deal.

I'd personally like to see them go after OJ/Dragic, but that won't happen. Dallas doesn't like Dragic as much as other teams do. Also, Mavs will still look at guys like Camby, Roy, and CJ Miles.

Looks like we're headed to mediocrity, and the likelihood that JET and Kidd are retained are now actually higher than first originally thought. The only thing that the Mavs can try and do to salvage all of this is to try and get Howard next year, but I'm tired of that crap. I said from the beginning I wanted to keep the championship crew, and look what happened. Also, Delonte West probably is the happiest man in all of this. I see him re-signing with Dallas, as will Wright.

I said from the beginning that I wanted to bring Tyson, JJ, and the rest of the dudes back to try and repeat. But I realized and lived with what Donnie and Cuban were doing, but now? They can continue to try and make all the moves they want, but they just look stupid for the time-being.

That said, at least I like our crop of rookies.
laugh.gif
Crowder.
pimp.gif

And as I post this..

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
damn...AMP is really dead to folks in here.

I can't respect anyone as a basketball fan if they jump ship to Brooklyn.  Cool folks but I don't think it's being a true fan.  You can say you were a true for X amount of years and give up but I emphatically disagree with that opinion and train of thought.  To each their own but I can't do it.  IMO, you stick with your team.  DJ's as someone who has stuck with the Orioles through thick and thin, how do you feel towards fans who gave up on the O's as soon as the Nats came around?  Similar situations with the owners.

I'll put the Nets O/U at 42 right now.

I want to spit on amp

Philly and Milwaukee made some nice quiet moves through the draft/ free agency but they're both going to be fighting for that last playoff spot for real, now that Brooklyn is in the mix.  I doubt Miami can repeat, now that other organizations are forming mega teams.  I know this is ridiculous but would it be possible for the Lakers to land Dwight for Bynum, Pau for Smoove, and sign CP3 next year in free agency 
eek.gif
?  Doubt there'd be enough money to go around though 
tired.gif

Just trade Dirk and rebuild. Deron was the big play. It didn't work out. Now you've got next to no chance of building a contender around Dirk before he's ready to retire. Do the man a favor and let him go compete for another ring.

I'd be completely fine with winning 30 games next year and starting over.

The Nets can beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Paul Pierce is a year older. KG is a year older. The Celtics needed 7 games to beat the Sixers in the 2nd round. Oh and this team will get better every year. Boston is on the decline. So maybe Y1 Boston is better but Y2-Y4 and however beyond? Brooklyn for sure. 

roll.gif

So you're telling me in a year, both Pierce (who played on a sprained knee the entire postseason and still averaged 19 and 6) and KG, who put up 20/10 for the entire second half of the season and playoffs, are going to transform into hobbled, washed-up nobodies? Not to mention the additions of Jeff Green, Jason Terry, and the continual improvement of Rajon Rondo as well as a LOT more depth than the 2012 season?

Let's not get too caught up in the hype train. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson aren't beating Boston in the playoffs barring a major injury.
You act like boston is unbeatable
laugh.gif
, the nets can definitely beat them in a 7 game series, It's possible.

DWill
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Big sigh of relief that he signed with us... He's been dropping hints for awhile now (working out at the Nets practice facility, constant arena appearances, etc), but I never took those too far because you never know
laugh.gif
. Just glad him & the Nets worked out a deal. Its good to see the same team that barely got double digits wins not too long ago make a deal like this.
glasses.gif

With the roster we have right now, no matter what seed we end up getting, its still better than the 12 win season we had not too long ago. So even if we're not competing with the Heat & Bulls with this current roster, we're still better than the last couple years & are heading in the right direction.

Now the focus is on Dwight... If we can get that done than that big 3 would really do some damage. Let's see what else the Nets FO can cook up.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just trade Dirk and rebuild. Deron was the big play. It didn't work out. Now you've got next to no chance of building a contender around Dirk before he's ready to retire. Do the man a favor and let him go compete for another ring.

I'd be completely fine with winning 30 games next year and starting over.
No interest in re-uniting Dirk and Nash to end their careers eh?

That's only thing I'm vaguely interested in.

Really though, the Mavs $!@%#$ up huge.
roll.gif

They're now going after Lin, who they let go last year during Summer League to instead make room for guys like Lamar Odom (who should've been better in hindsight), and Sean Williams.

They lost out on all their big players from last year.

And now they lost out on Deron Williams.

Way to *#!* it all up in just over a year, Donnie/Cuban.
roll.gif

I would've been happy if we overpaid for Tyson or overpaid for Hibbert. Love both those guys. Now we're stuck with Brandon Haywood and mediocrity. Love it.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Philly and Milwaukee made some nice quiet moves through the draft/ free agency but they're both going to be fighting for that last playoff spot for real, now that Brooklyn is in the mix.  I doubt Miami can repeat, now that other organizations are forming mega teams.  I know this is ridiculous but would it be possible for the Lakers to land Dwight for Bynum, Pau for Smoove, and sign CP3 next year in free agency 
eek.gif
?  Doubt there'd be enough money to go around though 
tired.gif
Pipe dream, but yes it's possible. Would have to let Josh walk at the end of the year though. They could offer the max to Dwight if he agrees to extend and would still have enough to try and sign CP3 if he doesn't stay with the Clips after next season.

Future Hall of Famer Courtney Lee now an UFA after Rockets withdraw qualifying offer. Brooklyn is calling you sir.

Originally Posted by SosaP23

roll.gif

You act like boston is unbeatable
laugh.gif
, the nets can definitely beat them in a 7 game series, It's possible.
Oh hell no. C's are far from unbeatable, and anything is possible (Game 6 of the ECF this year taught me that 
sick.gif
), but I'm extremely skeptical of a core of D-Will and Iso-Joe beating Boston with mostly everyone healthy. Johnson, as the first option on offense for the Hawks this year, was routinely outshined by Josh Smith, and it took Al Horford coming back from the grave just to push the series to 6 games. 
The Williams-Rondo matchup would definitely be worth watching, but you're looking at Johnson vs. Bradley (who suffocated him during the R1 series this year), Crash vs. P2, and Brook Lopez vs. KG. 

So if the Nets can trade for Dwight does he sign the extension or opts out and signs a new contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom