Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am Orlando with that deal,I could care less about pissing Dwight off. Evans wants out of Sac and had his moments in his career and still young. I think Evans will be a good player in this league. Kevin Martin is still a nice piece just injuries get in the way, and you get the 5th/18th picks in draft????

Done. Could careless about a player that will not be on my team anyway. Maloofs might be stupid enough to make it a 3 way trade and have Turk come back too.

I knew HOU was serious about theirs ever since they tried to pull off that deal for Pau last summer, now they going all in on Dwight.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Maloofs might be stupid enough to make it a 3 way trade and have Turk come back too.
They couldn't afford that
laugh.gif

So if Dwight goes to Houston he'll be the ambassador of two all-star hosting cities that he wants no part of. Awesome.

rck - your right,  they would want to make room for Outlaw to start at SF.    my bad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

rck - your right,  they would want to make room for Outlaw to start at SF.    my bad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I swear they swooped him up just to make the salary floor minimum
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

So if Dwight goes to Houston he'll be the ambassador of two all-star hosting cities that he wants no part of. Awesome.

laugh.gif

Him leaving Houston for Dallas after a year would be even more funny as well.

RCK- and you guys saved us a little more money after we amnestied him.     Win/Win for all involved.............
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by krazy88s

laugh.gif

Him leaving Houston for Dallas after a year would be even more funny as well.

laugh.gif
But I think it's safe to say, even Dwight doesn't know what he wants with his bi-polar self, as we've seen in the past year. So, who really knows. Plus, if he walks, he walks. He's gonna feel salty leaving that extra year on the contract the Rockets could give him. Re-up or clear up his number off the books. Win win, I think. Still gotta get him over first, though.

I'm digging all this willing and dealing the Rockets are trying to do. There's a lot of money on the table, so if Dwight were to walk, oh well, we should have
been rebuilding since the 08/09 playoffs anyway. At least Pau isn't a Rocket and CP3 isn't a Laker.

smokescreems being laid everywhere by Petrie
laugh.gif
FWIW: Reke has still been working with Geoff Petrie. Emphaisis on midrange, pull up game. I don't think Kings are trying to move Reke.
— JasonJones (@mr_jasonjones) June 26, 2012

Dwight is going where Deron goes.. If Houston can't create the cap space to sign Deron, they're wasting their time with Dwight.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dwight is going where Deron goes.. If Houston can't create the cap space to sign Deron, they're wasting their time with Dwight.

I think so, too. But getting Martin off the books, helps. Or try and get his BFF Josh Smith

Couldn't they trade Scola pretty easily? I've gotta think they could find someone to take him and get his money off their books...

Just not sure they can pull all this off before Deron decides.

I still wanna know how Scola got that amazing highway robbery deal. He's a good player, but damn
laugh.gif
That contract is outrageous.

Rockets can still Amnesty someone as well. They did not do it to someone last year. So Scola can be handled that way.

Ska - Deron Williams and Amy Williams just purchased a highrise apartment from Bruce Rattner's development company about 10 minutes from the Barclays. Again, I am not one to paint that picture on here (Most of you guys know that) but I think it is more of a Chance of Dwight/Jsmoove then the three.

One of the other scenarios floating around is a three way trade with the Nets where Houston gets Brook Lopez. I agree with some of the pundits saying Houston and Orlando should just deal outright. But the fear of Dwight not committing and having the advantage of having a Young a center signed that has also worked with The Dream is some of the reasoning. I would assume already with none of the details leaking that MarShon Brooks would be going to Houston too. Just does not make sense from the Nets fan perspective why Houston would do it.

Just something I heard/read as a possibility.

[h3]Wolves Acquire Chase Budinger For 18th Overall Pick[/h3]
Jun 26, 2012 10:14 AM EDT

Budinger_Chase_hou_091111.jpg
The Wolves have acquired Chase Budinger in a trade with the Rockets in exchange for the 18th overall pick, according to sources.

Houston has also included the draft rights to Lior Eliyahu.

The Rockets now own the 14th, 16th and 18th picks in the first round.
[h3]Source: No Chance Howard Signs Long-Term With Rockets[/h3]
Jun 26, 2012 10:28 AM EDT

Howard_Dwight_orl_111215.jpg
The Rockets are trying to put together a trade for Dwight Howard without an assurance that he would sign an extension.

A source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

[h3]Rockets Offer Lowry, 14th, 16th Picks To Kings For Evans, 5th Selection[/h3]
Sources tell David Aldridge and Sam Amick that the Rockets have not offered that package to the Kings.
made me laugh for some reason

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

[h3]Rockets Offer Lowry, 14th, 16th Picks To Kings For Evans, 5th Selection[/h3]
Sources tell David Aldridge and Sam Amick that the Rockets have not offered that package to the Kings.
made me laugh for some reason

Im assuming the rockets made the offer but they prolly told David aldridge otherwise to keep the trade on the low, It says sources told them otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom