Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo got his own wax statue at Maddame Tassaud's. Also, he has lost 12lbs.

AwVWbPaCIAI3uQA.jpg:large

Shocking.
Originally Posted by DubA169

Morey gets a lot of hype. Wanna see him make that one big smash deal.
And he's never done anything but talk about cool numbers and formulas... He sucks.

Technically he did make a great deal in December, but Stern blocked it.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Anybody else heard rumors of the Pacers signing Greg Oden to backup Hibbert? I love that move, he can be had for cheap. Hopefully he can stay healthy, because I know he feels like he has something to prove

i think the person that started that rumor was Greg himself. he said he liked whats going on there and wanted to play there. low risk/high reward but didnt they say hes not even gonna be able to play at all next season?

sweet trade for the Pistons..... not really but i expect Charlie V to get amnestied soon.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Don't even bother saying that last part. People gonna still come with the same old rhetoric about him being fat and out of shape.

The day he's the same weight as KD that's when those same idiots will start saying he needs to gain some muscle to be effective in the post.

it looks like hes about to pass, not life like at all

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Don't even bother saying that last part. People gonna still come with the same old rhetoric about him being fat and out of shape.

The day he's the same weight as KD that's when those same idiots will start saying he needs to gain some muscle to be effective in the post.
Well clearly he was out of shape if he needed to lose 12 pounds just to get in shape. And why even compare him to KD at this point? 
Morey is more competent than most GMs in this league. He's had some bad luck, but he hasn't made any big mistakes, and his team is in good position going forward with cap room and trade assets. Not his fault Houston doesn't have a superstar in place to build around, or an owner like Cuban willing to throw money around regardless of the old lux tax. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Well clearly he was out of shape if he needed to lose 12 pounds just to get in shape. And why even compare him to KD at this point? 
Um maybe because the olympics are 2-3 weeks away? Oh wait naaaa he's played all year out of shape thats what it was.

[h3]Bobcats Acquire Gordon, Future First Round Pick For Maggette[/h3]
Jun 26, 2012 8:20 PM EDT

Gordon_Ben_det_091118.jpg
The Bobcats have acquired Ben Gordon and a lottery protected 2013 pick in a trade with the Pistons for Corey Maggette, according to sources.

Gordon has two seasons remaining on his contract while Maggette's deal expires in 2013. Gordon is owed $25.6 million on his contract while Maggette will earn $10.9 million. Detroit will save $14.7 million with the trade.

Sources confirm to Ken Berger that the first round pick is lottery protected in 2013, top-eight in 2014, top-one in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.

Peep Morey's draft track record, and then get back to me. Same with trades. He's hit for contact way more than swung and missed. This on top of the fact that he was shackled with trying to build around Yao and Tmac, and then Yao. Shackles are free and we've seen him go after Melo, Dwill when he was a Jazz, now as a FA, Pau before the season, Dwight at the deadline and still, Dwight now.

Morey found Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry. Knew Lowry was the good for awhile and traded for him. Got Scola for nothing. Sold Aaron Brooks while his stock was high. Sold Trevor Ariza's stock before it got even lower. Turned Chase, a second round pick into the 18th in a deep draft class. Chandler Parsons can ball. To the etc

Originally Posted by franchise3

Morey found Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry. Knew Lowry was the good for awhile and traded for him. Got Scola for nothing. Sold Aaron Brooks while his stock was high. Sold Trevor Ariza's stock before it got even lower. Turned Chase, a second round pick into the 18th in a deep draft class. Chandler Parsons can ball. To the etc
was just thinking about this, is it cause the Rockets dont have a "guy" that they havent been successful ?

theyve done pretty good drafting/dealing

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i have a gut feeling Dwight somehow ends up in Houston, no idea why but i see it happening

He probably will because Morey is so desperate to make a splash.. Never mind that it's bad business because he's not staying there and he'll leave in a year for nothing...Trade up and draft a couple of kids you can actually build around.

^Rockets have enough young players already, and have for awhile now. They need the big splash, whether it's a rental or not.

Les Alexander doesn't want to tank and rebuild though. Morey has been on record saying that really is the best way to rebuild, the OKC way. Les wants to contend. For better or for worse. If DWill resigns with the Nets, as opposed to going to Dallas and waiting on Dwight to come over, that just means that extra year that the Nets could offer him loomed large. It can happen, but how often do you see a superstar leave that extra year in guaranteed cash on the table? Dwight could very well leave, but I think it's worth trying.

If Dwight leaves, then @##% it, you can finally start the rebuilding like they should've a while ago. If he decides to stay and you somehow manage to get D-Will, then you've finally made your big moves.
It's win-win for the Rockets.  They aren't going anywhere with what they have now. They're just average as hell.

Eric Gordon now a possibility too. Rockets are all over the damn place.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...dwight-howard/
With Howard, if the Rockets can keep much of their cap space available, they could seek another top player in free agency to join him and potentially convince him to sign long-term. Though speculation on Tuesday centered on Deron Williams, with Howard believed to want to join Williams in Brooklyn, the Rockets are more likely to try to land Hornets guard Eric Gordon, a restricted free agent with an offer the Hornets would not match according to an individual with knowledge of their thinking.

"Turned Chase Budinger, a second round pick into the #18"

I don't get the big deal behind pointing out Budinger was a second round pick. Just because that was his value then doesn't mean that's what it is NOW. Actually, look at who is mocked at #18, his value right now is THAT... #18... which means it's not that great of a trade unless Morey dealt him for something better like end of the lottery or better.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I just read that Tony Parker may miss the olympics due to his eye injury. He also said he was real close to losing his eye as well. So, he's suing the club that the brawl happened for 20 mil. Why isn't he suing either Drake/Chris Brown for the fight?

He'd ruin his street credibility.

Originally Posted by JPZx

"Turned Chase Budinger, a second round pick into the #18"

I don't get the big deal behind pointing out Budinger was a second round pick. Just because that was his value then doesn't mean that's what it is NOW. Actually, look at who is mocked at #18, his value right now is THAT... #18... which means it's not that great of a trade unless Morey dealt him for something better like end of the lottery or better.

All I was trying to allude to was Morey drafted Chase, who turned out to be a good rotational player, and now flipped him for a first round pick. Same thing he's done during his tenure. Get these under the radar guys and then flip em. Bud is a good fit for Minnesota, clearly the best long range shooter on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom