Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd chance? Do you know how many chances he's had? Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5...

Thought I banned him earlier today; hopefully I did it right this time.
Brian%20-%20Muttley%20Laugh.gif

George Hill/DJ Augustine
Paul George/Lance Stephenson
Danny Granger/Gerald Green
David West/Miles Plumlee/Tyler Hansbrough
Roy Hibbert/Ian Mahimni/Miles Plumlee

Dem Boyz :smokin

Dat Avy :smokin

Last edited:
I really hope this Dwight deal can get done soon so I can know if we landed Bynum. It's getting outrageous those Magic FO members have great patience. I would've prematurely pulled the trigger just to get it over with.

@thekapman: The Bulls have agreed on a one year deal with Vladimir Radmanovic. I spoke to him tonight and he confirmed the deal.

I can't wait for my tickets to arrive....

^^^
The Windy City can now take a sigh of relief, we just secured our future.......It's tanking season!!!

The only thing I expect out of this off-season is the FO to NOT match that ridiculous Asik offer.

I really hope this Dwight deal can get done soon so I can know if we landed Bynum. It's getting outrageous those Magic FO members have great patience. I would've prematurely pulled the trigger just to get it over with.

Word is Bynum said he'd sign an extension for the Cavs. If this doesn't happen, Gilbert needs to get himself examined for not letting the GM pull the trigger

Word is Bynum said he'd sign an extension for the Cavs. If this doesn't happen, Gilbert needs to get himself examined for not letting the GM pull the trigger

EXACTLY!! Apparently the Cavs said that Waiters, Thompson & Zeller are off limits, and they have this loyalty to Andy V which no one knows why.

Make this trade please. Irving & Bynum can do serious damage.

EXACTLY!! Apparently the Cavs said that Waiters, Thompson & Zeller are off limits, and they have this loyalty to Andy V which no one knows why.
Make this trade please. Irving & Bynum can do serious damage.

It still works if they trade Luke, Caspi, Boobie (Cunningham would have to be included). Can still take Bynum & Duhon in a trade. Probably costs 4 picks now instead of 3 though.

Word in CLE that it's just Andy along with a package of picks.. but I am all for it regardless of who we trade.

If our 2 sophomores and rookies aren't going, then I am cool

As for those Bynum talks...

The Cavaliers have remained in trade talks with the Lakers and Magic, but little progress has been made and no deal is remotely close to being concluded.

ESPN.com reported on Wednesday that the Cavs have moved ahead of the Rockets as a facilitator in a deal with the Lakers and Magic, but a league source briefed on the talks maintained Wednesday this is all a leverage tactic to get the Rockets to up their offer for Howard.

A source with knowledge of the Lakers' plans confirmed Tuesday in Las Vegas that any talk of progress in trade talks regarding Howard was incredibly premature.

The Rockets remain the only team in the league with both the assets and desire to acquire Howard themselves. The Lakers need a third team to get something done because of their cap constraints and lack of desirable assets and the Nets are out of any trade talks until the middle of January.

The Rockets, meanwhile, still haven't signed any of their three first-round picks from last month's draft, hoping to at least include some  -- if not all -- in a future deal for Howard. Once the players sign their rookie contracts, they cannot be traded for 30 days.

The Cavaliers to this point have not seemed inclined to include any of their young players in any potential deals. That includes Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller and reigning Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving.

Cavs general manager Chris Grant did leave Las Vegas summer league this week earlier than expected, as ESPN.com reported, but it was so he could return in time for the surgery on Irving's fractured right hand. It had absolutely nothing to do with any trade talks moving forward, a league source said.

In an intriguing twist, the Rockets were believed to be incredibly high on Zeller, whom the Cavs selected 17th overall. They had three picks in the middle of the first round, and had two chances at him before the Cavs traded up to No. 17. Yet they never selected him.

The belief of at least one front office official involved in the trade talks is that the Rockets were selecting players the Magic liked in an effort to get a deal done.

The Cavs first surfaced as a potential home for Bynum when he recently listed Cleveland as a destination he'd consider when his contract expires at the end of the season. It would be stunning for a player to leave the Lakers and sign in Cleveland and the report was widely dismissed initially on the simple basis that the Cavs are one of the handful of teams that have the cap space to sign him.

In truth, Bynum and Cavs coach Byron Scott have a close, personal relationship that has grown over the years as a result of their mutual ties to the Lakers. One source with knowledge of Bynum's thinking said Bynum respects Scott as a coach and could be intrigued by the Cavs' up-and-coming roster as opposed to the Lakers' collection of aging stars.

Bynum's ties to Scott should leave everything open to consideration, but at this point, there isn't much substance to any of the trade negotiations.
[=http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland...lse&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed][/]

how can the rockets up their offer? include all their first round picks for the rest of their existence?

how can the rockets up their offer? include all their first round picks for the rest of their existence?

Magic are trying to troll the Rockets into the deal where they take JRich, Hedo & Duhon +4 picks+ expiring contracts + recent draftees that ESPN trolled us with a few days ago.

There's no reason for Dwight or Bynum to agree to an extension right now and give away a year at the end of their deals.

There's no reason for Dwight or Bynum to agree to an extension right now and give away a year at the end of their deals.

Andrew Bynum's knees disagree. He's 24 and has a history of injuries. If he has a serious injury he will lose So much money.. He agrees to an extension he had $52 mil guaranteed over 3. If he gets injured it was going to happen anyway at least he had guaranteed money. If he waits and gets injured this year. He will lose what he did by signing an extension .

When he gets out of the 4 years, if he stays healthy he'll get 5yr-$105mil.

Bynum has a HUGE reason to sign an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom