Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers just signed hill which is :pimp: ... Now the lakers need to get Josh from Atlanta. They got greedy with the first trade offer and wanted Teague too and the Hawks hung up the phone lol. Trade Pau for Josh and whatever players they wanna add to match the salaries (Hopefully Devin Harris)... Get that trade done then follow it up with a Dwight trade ah man... Dwight, Josh, Metta, The Mamba, Nash with Jamison and Hill off the oak just ain't ordinary bruh... Only thing that'll be the Lakers with that roster is injuries.
But they have to get a backup PG who can play some defense and get to the cup. Only play Nash about 33 mins per b/c if we don't get that backup PG we saw how coach Brown ran Kobe into the ground like he was freh outta HS

why would the lakers want josh smith? he might be athletic, but he is not a defender, has no post up game, and is too much on the 3 points line. even if we dont get howard, with bynum we'll be fine too.. cause some of y'all acting like bynum is a kwame brown clone.

^Josh Smith isn't a defender... WHAT? Josh Smith & Dwight Howard would be the toughest interior defense in the league.. And the best pick & roll defense in the league..

Pau overall > Josh Smith...

But Josh defense >

And he has the Dwight factor. Best friends with Dwight, and you could definitely entice him to stay.. Now there is 0% chance Dwight would leave.. But if traded to LA, he would most likely stay anyways..

If you don't get Dwight you don't trade for Josh.. But I'm on the fence if Id trade for Josh Smith......

^Josh Smith isn't a defender... WHAT? Josh Smith & Dwight Howard would be the toughest interior defense in the league.. And the best pick & roll defense in the league..
Pau overall > Josh Smith...
But Josh defense >
And he has the Dwight factor. Best friends with Dwight, and you could definitely entice him to stay.. Now there is 0% chance Dwight would leave.. But if traded to LA, he would most likely stay anyways..
If you don't get Dwight you don't trade for Josh.. But I'm on the fence if Id trade for Josh Smith......

so you'd rather have josh smith that pau? i wouldnt.. but him and dwight being friends, might allow howard to sign.. yet, smith is not as skilled as pau.. not even close

so you'd rather have josh smith that pau? i wouldnt.. but him and dwight being friends, might allow howard to sign.. yet, smith is not as skilled as pau.. not even close

No one said that.

What I'm saying is Josh Smith is 10x the defender Pau is.. And his relationship with Dwight is important..

If we needed him to assure Dwight stays.. Which I think he will with or without Josh.. Then ok do it.

Under normal circumstance. I say no.

You'd be trading top 10 PF for top 10 PF. So it is not a big downfall. And plenty of Pau's skills are now unnecessary with Steve Nash around..

There's multiple ways to look at it.. It's not cut and dry.. Points can be made to do it, points can be made not to do it.

Last edited:
No one said that.
What I'm saying is Josh Smith is 10x the defender Pau is.. And his relationship with Dwight is important..
If we needed him to assure Dwight stays.. Which I think he will with or without Josh.. Then ok do it.
Under normal circumstance. I say no.
You'd be trading top 10 PF for top 10 PF. So it is not a big downfall. And plenty of Pau's skills are now unnecessary with Steve Nash around..
There's multiple ways to look at it.. It's not cut and dry.. Points can be made to do it, points can be made not to do it.

not sure what you mean by pau's skills are unnecessary with steve nash.. i think pau's game will flourish and he is an important to stretch out the defense, when he shoots jumpers at the elbow. i think nash will find him more open than ever and he will make it easier for bynum/howard to go one on one

Josh Selby averaging 29ppg on 61% shooting, 19/26 from 3 point range in summer league :pimp: .

What was the issue with him coming out so early last season other than injuries? I know some people had him pegged as lottery potential, but came out too early. Anyone think he would've been a lottery pick in this draft if he stayed another year in Kansas to showcase his talent?

Last edited:
You guys are reeeeeeally underestimating how much Nash is going to help out Pau. Doesn't matter if we have Bynum or Dwight, Pau is gonna cook. :x

Sounds like y'all want an entire new team. Pau is unselfish and has that chemistry with Bean. Trading him would be silly.

Last edited:
You guys are reeeeeeally underestimating how much Nash is going to help out Pau. Doesn't matter if we have Bynum or Dwight, Pau is gonna cook. :x
Sounds like y'all want an entire new team. Pau is unselfish and has that chemistry with Bean. Trading him would be silly.

smart fans know this.....

nash / pau with pau popin out in to the elbow and that 15ft range :x

Yeah, Nash opening up the floor and facilitating rather than everything running through Kobe will help Pau a lot..

Keep him.

The only way you trade him, is if you need to make sure Dwight doesn't leave.. Which wouldn't be silly at all..

Josh Selby averaging 29ppg on 61% shooting, 19/26 from 3 point range in summer league
pimp.gif
What was the issue with him coming out so early last season other than injuries? I know some people had him pegged as lottery potential, but came out too early. Anyone think he would've been a lottery pick in this draft if he stayed another year in Kansas to showcase his talent?
its only preseason dude

Deron is one of my favorite players but I hate that yall are making me type this but Deron Williams ain't done **** but chuck outside of Jerry Sloan's system

The 2nd best player on his team was anthony morrow tho......

I'm def ok with saying he is the 3rd best PG in the NBA

this past season? based on number, rondo was better than paul.. even had a higher field goal percentage. but cant shoot from the line or 3

paul scored 17.6, rondo 17.3

assists
paul 7.9
rondo 11.9

steals
paul 2.7
rondo 2.4

rebounds
paul 5.1
rondo 6.7

(They list him at 6'3 and I know for a fact he's about 6'4 to 6'5)

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

this past season? based on number, rondo was better than paul.. even had a higher field goal percentage. but cant shoot from the line or 3
assists
paul 7.9
rondo 11.9
steals
paul 2.7
rondo 2.4
rebounds
paul 5.1
rondo 6.7

Those are their playoff stats sir. Go back to NBA.com and read the regular season stats.

assists
paul 7.9
rondo 11.9
steals
paul 2.7
rondo 2.4
rebounds
paul 5.1
rondo 6.7

well its a good thing that doesn't tell the whole story.

How can he be 3rd if Rose, Russ, Parker > Rondo

i wouldn't put Russ in front of Rondo.

Pau needs to be traded even with nash I cant wait till Pau starts getting exposed again and every laker fan will be calling for his head saying " hes soft" "hes has no heart" why is he still hear" :rofl: Like dudes think he improved from last season or that nash is gonna not make him play with heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom