Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the schedule I'm excited to see what they do for Christmas

OKC-Miami
New York-Brooklyn

Those 2 are a guarantee IMO

Lakers - C's or Clips would be dope too.

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Restricted free agent center Greg Stiemsma has come to terms with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
Don't know the terms yet, but Stiemsma's agent says it's big enough that Celtics won't be able to match. They could only offer $2 bi-annual
Power moves.

Honest question, but why does Melo deserve to be 2nd tier? I think there is a HUGE drop-off after Lebron/KD. I don't even think anyone after those two deserve to be in a 2nd tier. The drop-off is THAT drastic.

I mean, you got to have a 2nd tier lol.

And who exactly would you rank over Melo after Lebron and KD? I really don't see any of the other SF's being better than him. Pierce can make a case, but he's constantly getting older. But, of course the 2nd tier is far away from the 1st tier. I actually think it should be:

1) Lebron

2) Durant

I don't think those two are as close as many think, but thats another argument.

Last edited:
I mean, you got to have a 2nd tier lol.
And who exactly would you rank over Melo after Lebron and KD? I really don't see any of the other SF's being better than him. Pierce can make a case, but he's constantly getting older. But, of course the 2nd tier is far away from the 1st tier. I actually think it should be:
1) Lebron
2) Durant
I don't think those two are as close as many think, but thats another argument.

I think the gap between Lebron/Durant is very wide also...but the gap after them is ridiculously spaced out, IMO.

My train of thought stems from who I'd want on my team and what they bring to the table. In the spaces 3-10, you have guys who are dynamic scorers, but bring little-to-nothing else to the table. On the flip, you have guys who can get at it defensively, but aren't nearly as much of a threat on the offensive end. It's just a big cluster **** after Lebron/KD.

laugh.gif
 at deron being the best point guard in the league , coming off a year where he led all point guards in turnovers

and didn't make the playoffs in a relatively weak eastern conference.

Every year Russell's been in the league his ppg/fg% goes up and every year he's been in a thunders uniform the team has gotten more succesful, so him scoring more actually does seem to contribute to them winning. And they've lost to the nba champions the last 3 times in the playoffs lakers/mavs/heat ...and as a laker fan i remember VERY VIVIDLY

him stepping up and TAKING OVER a few of those games in 2010 . he doesn't have to be a pass first pg , Miami had less answers for Russy

then they did KD ....and i'll actually go on a limb and say russy is a harder cover at the 1 then KD at the 3 ....because at the 3 you have guys like

Lebron/Iggy/Artest and a few other guys , NOBODY at the 1 can guard russy.....NOBODY . Alot of pass first pg's (rondo/CP3/parker)

played healthy seasons with LOADED teams and guess what....come Finals time they where all watching Russy play . the only other

left standing after him where norris cole and mario chalmers , and no argument should ever be made about those two ever bieng top 5 in the league .

Last edited:
Cp3 is a new era Isah Tomas and that's saying a lot
rondo and dwill not on that level yet Westbrook reminds me
Of smush parker with a shot

*looks at join date*

oh, your trollin

It'd be complete madness, but I'd love to watch it because I know someone is going to try and make an argument for Marvin Williams.

:lol: i dont even.....

Can you get back to Lopez vs Bynum?

my body is ready :nerd:

It is how their teams are setup. When you surround them with more or better scoring options, they can play more pass first. The PG of the last team to win a title, not only isn't a pass first pg, doesn't even handle the ball much. He's more of the "spot up shooter, at most bring the ball up and dribble hand off to my scorers" type of pg. Didn't stop the Heat from winning a title. Conventional position roles in general are overrated and obsolete.

thats a little extreme considering its it was chalmers :lol: :lol: he had lebron / dwade and bosh infront of him....

multi qoute is :pimp:

Honest question, but why does Melo deserve to be 2nd tier? I think there is a HUGE drop-off after Lebron/KD. I don't even think anyone after those two deserve to be in a 2nd tier. The drop-off is THAT drastic.

this can't be life :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:  at deron being the best point guard in the league , coming off a year where he led all point guards in turnovers
and didn't make the playoffs in a relatively weak eastern conference.

hmm... did you start watching basketball the same day you joined NT?

you look at that nets team.... just look......for the love of god look at that nets team

as far as top PG's go, the list can change any given night between.

Rondo
Williams
Paul
Rose
Nash
Westbrook
Parker

there really isn't a clear cut best.

Exactly, thus proving you don't have to have or be a "pass first" pg to be successful, and teams have been winning without them for yrs.

some of you dudes shouldn't even post in S/T. westbrook is smush with a shot? WHAT? smh

:lol: This is a a classic debate.

I really dont see how somebody can say Chris Paul is NOT the best PG in the league. After him its kinda hard to rank 'em but Chris runs a team better than any other PG in the league.

I swear every couple of months you guys have this PG debate. and its stupid. like its not even fun to follow and laugh at you guys. 

Now the Kobe vs Jordan debate  fights are the best, those are at least entertaining.

:lol: This is a a classic debate.

I really dont see how somebody can say Chris Paul is NOT the best PG in the league. After him its kinda hard to rank 'em but Chris runs a team better than any other PG in the league.
runs them to where though? First rd exits? Only been out the first rd twice in his career

i cant wait for the NY fans to chime in on this Melo / SF debate :lol: :lol:

:evil:

Melo is better than Durant and if he was in Durant's position in the Finals, he wouldn't have disappeared imo

:nerd:

Last edited:
BREAKING:

Hornets and Bobcats are discussing a sign-and-trade with the Hornets sending Carl Landry to Charlotte for Diop.

:lol: i was trolling with that one, but Durant/Pierce/Melo are the only ones that stand a chance against Bron 1-on-1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom