Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollins will derail that campaign quick.
Edit:

Proving once again, you can make a highlight mix for anyone.

Selby won't help him out either. He should be good for the Grizz though.

No hate, I'm surprised Scal retired. He was a decent 11th man type he was ready to fill in at 4 whenever he was called. Maybe he got tired of all the attention. I'll never forget that triple OT playoff game where he dropped 17 :smokin :smokin :smokin

I've always been on the Bayless fantasy bandwagon every single year :lol:

My top 5 favorite players to follow and watch are:

Budinger, Ridnour, Carl Landry, DMC, Jimmer
See, I like and respect that. That's a unique combination of five players to root for and track. Everybody else is either LeBron, KD, Kobe, etc. Understandably so because of popularity, image, and success. I like the underdogs sometimes.

BTW, now that Tyreke is for sure not getting an extension.... the dude will be playing for his next contract this season. I stand by my prediction 
nthat.gif

PMatic: For some reason I've always liked Bayless' game. Terrence Williams also. Both haven't really caught on in the NBA.

Jerryd and Terrence are right behind Russy, Paul George, and Jeremy Lin for me. Top-5 favorite NBA players. Unique, I know.

its cool B, I get talked about because I'm a huge Jamal Crawford fan

all time leader in 4 point plays, and scored 50 points on 3 different teams :smokin

Barbosa is talking to Suns, Lakers & Nets.. Steve Nash is pushing for Barbosa hard according to Barbosa..

If it means Blake & Duhon never see a minute of play time.. DO IT NASH!

Last edited:
Barbosa is talking to Suns, Lakers & Nets.. Steve Nash is pushing for Barbosa hard according to Barbosa..

It pretty much means that if Barbosa signs at the lakers. Barbosa as a back up point guard is a nice addition to that team (and it gives them a deeper team and some bench scoring, wich they need)

Barbosa's not a PG though. LB and Jamison would be a nice scoring duo off the bench though.

Well, the Net roster is full, so that's not an option. I could see him trying to get more PT on the Suns. He hasn't gotten major minutes in a while.

:x :x :x :x

blake & duhon would be used as decoys & burn trey balls :smh:

Shaq being Shaq.
Shaquille O'Neal, who has managed to remain in the basketball spotlight as a television analyst, also tends to make headlines with his opinions, some of which he expressed in a recent interview:

Q: What was your reaction to Dwight Howard being traded to the Lakers?

"I don't have a reaction. You have to care to have a reaction. I've got businesses to run. I always tell people that in order to step in my shoes you have big shoes to fill. For him, he's going to have to at least win three to get people's respect." ...

Q: Is there any truth to the reports that you'll be playing games in the Mexican League next month?

"No truth to that. It's kind of unfortunate that so-called experts have to get their sources from the Internet."

Oh boy with the OJ stuff.

And here we go again, Elliot Williams just tore his left achilles and will have surgery.

I think Bayless is more of a new era PG (like Westbrook) than an undersized SG. Bayless actually has the ball handling ability, size, quickness, etc. to play the position. That's what I've always been up and down about OJ playing PG. OJ didn't have the ball handling skills, quickness and lacked the confidence to play the position. If you get out done by d league players in summer league when playing that position, something not right.

Bayless had success starting at PG in the games he did play. He didn't do too well coming off the bench, though.

Last edited:
Cavs wearing yellow jerseys :smokin

As for Cubans comments on the Lakers, I think they'll be just fine. Nash & Dwight are two way different players then Payton & Malone (especially when the Lakers got them in their careers as well). The chemistry will be a lot better. Those players aside, I also think Antawn Jamison is gonna play a nice role for LA.

Don't know how I feel about Bosh consistently at C & Bron consistently at PF :nerd:

O.J. in the Kidd throwback :pimp:

Griffin :x :x

Shaq being Shaq.
Shaquille O'Neal, who has managed to remain in the basketball spotlight as a television analyst, also tends to make headlines with his opinions, some of which he expressed in a recent interview:

Q: What was your reaction to Dwight Howard being traded to the Lakers?

"I don't have a reaction. You have to care to have a reaction. I've got businesses to run. I always tell people that in order to step in my shoes you have big shoes to fill. For him, he's going to have to at least win three to get people's respect." ...

Q: Is there any truth to the reports that you'll be playing games in the Mexican League next month?

"No truth to that. It's kind of unfortunate that so-called experts have to get their sources from the Internet."
This made me laugh out loud. I want these guys to sit in a room together sometime in the future. 

The Nets put together a decent (solid even) bench given the limited resources they had after spending all that money on their starting lineup.

Edit:

And because we are, top five is Deron Williams, O.J. Mayo, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol and Kobe Bryant (I guess).

Last edited:
Players I like for no real reason, Nick Young, Pietrus, Ray Allen, Rondo and I guess JR Smith.

Smith is a moron, but game wise I like watchin him, love his pull up 33 footers, remind me of my second favorite player of all time, Nick Van Exel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom