Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - MIA
2 - BOS
3 - NYK
4 - IND
5 - PHI
6 - BK
7 - ATL
8 - WAS
That's what I was thinking, maybe with the Knicks, pacers, and Celtics flip flopping for 2-4 cause I like dwill but I'm struggling to see how the nets can be so high with their weak bench, even tho dwill and Johnson will rarely come out of the game.

Nets have a pretty cool image, but we'll see how they do this season.

I still think they should have changed the name too. 

I don't see how CJ Watson (solid backup PG), Marshon Brooks (good scorer), Teletovic (question mark but he's a damn good shooter and scorer from Europe), Reggie Evans (huge for the Clips last year), Blatche (ehhh), Keith Bogans (started every game for the Bulls, he cant be THAT bad can he lol).

Maybe you guys aren't as excited about Teletovic as Net fans are but I don't see our bench being WEAK. Maybe average or just solid but considering there isn't a weak link in our starting 5, I don't think it'll be a problem at all. I think the bench'll be good.

Yeah, it's just one game but the range, quick release and most importantly, the swag is undeniable.

I don't see it with the Nets honestly. I like Deron, but he'll be lonely imo. Brook is still Brook. And Joe Johnson is the #2, same as he was in Atlanta, and all they ever did was fail.

Make the playoffs? Sure. Win a round? Eh, depending on matchup, maybe. But be a legit threat to anybody, not a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong and they'll ball out, but I expect a fairly decent let down from them.

Joe Johnson as a #2 guy on his squad? Money.

That squad will be #3 in the East. Mark my words

I don't see it with the Nets honestly. I like Deron, but he'll be lonely imo. Brook is still Brook. And Joe Johnson is the #2, same as he was in Atlanta, and all they ever did was fail.
Make the playoffs? Sure. Win a round? Eh, depending on matchup, maybe. But be a legit threat to anybody, not a chance.
Maybe I'm wrong and they'll ball out, but I expect a fairly decent let down from them.

If Joe Johnson was #2, who has been #1 on ATL all these years?

Josh Smith was the best player on that team to me. I'm not really trusting of Joe, maybe his contract bothers me, I dunno. But to me they could survive in ATL without Joe for stretches, but not Josh.

For this first year with this "new crew/team" and all.

In the playoff :

They cannot pass the Heat.

And will have a Hard time vs Celtics, Knicks, Indiana and the Sixers.

So I cannot see how they will pass the second round.

Would like to see them go far, but it's not going to happen (at least, not this year).

exactly, i hate when people speak about things they know nothing about.

Joe Johnson is in the perfect position now, he doesnt have to play with the ball like he did in ATL all these years. he has a superstar PG to do all the ball carrying and distributing.

Joey Dorsey broke a backboard in the Greek League.

Josh Smith was the best player on that team to me. I'm not really trusting of Joe, maybe his contract bothers me, I dunno. But to me they could survive in ATL without Joe for stretches, but not Josh.
That contract really put a cloud around the guy. I used to be a big fan of his when he was in phoenix and always said people didn't give him enough credit then he goes to atlanta and they give him too much credit. Hopefully being a surefire number 2 will be better for him

Joe Johnson is in the perfect position now, he doesnt have to play with the ball like he did in ATL all these years. he has a superstar PG to do all the ball carrying and distributing.

I know right? Cuz Deron, Joe and Brook are just KNOWN for handling their business every single year out there. How foolish of me. :lol:

Joe goes from having a very very good C/PF combo in Horford/Smith to now having a backcourt combo and Brook Lopez as his muscle down low, that's an upgrade? Lateral movement man. Like I said, they'll win a series and be done. They aren't a true threat. Hell, Melo/Stat/J.R. makes me feel better at trying to do something than the Nets do, and you won't see me rushing to the Knicks bandwagon anytime soon neither.

But yeah, I don't know what I'm talkin about. Nets got a sure winner built up out there. :wink:

I know right? Cuz Deron, Joe and Brook are just KNOWN for handling their business every single year out there. How foolish of me. :lol:

Joe goes from having a very very good C/PF combo in Horford/Smith to now having a backcourt combo and Brook Lopez as his muscle down low, that's an upgrade? Lateral movement man. Like I said, they'll win a series and be done. They aren't a true threat. Hell, Melo/Stat/J.R. makes me feel better at trying to do something than the Nets do, and you won't see me rushing to the Knicks bandwagon anytime soon neither.

But yeah, I don't know what I'm talkin about. Nets got a sure winner built up out there. :wink:

:lol: :lol: at that Melo/ stat / JR line

Stick to movie reviews

CP

I got disagree with everything you said. Do you remember the last time Joe Johnson played with an elite PG? It was with Nash and he balled. His time in Atlanta showed he's not built to be the #1. Brook may not be better than Horford/Smith, but overall that team is better than any team he had while with the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom