Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by MMG

I hate watching stupidity trump common sense.

everyone in here wants to point at the bad ( JJ bad contract and giving crash 40 mill when $25 couldve got it done)

but lets all calm down and listen to reason......

JJ is not being asking to be the man in BK, hes going to be the 2nd option behind some say the best PG in the L.
Nah, he's only being asked to be the 2nd option if DWill resigns. When critiquing the deal, DWill shouldn't even necessarily be in mind but even if he is looking at it from his perspective I don't see why he'd be smiling from ear to ear about it.

Son is gonna basically dedicate the prime of his career to a squad that barely has a fighting chance and little to no flexibility to change that.

Which is why I think he's coming to Dallas.

Dirk at 34 is better than Joe Johnson and Crash combined.

The Dallas front office has turned Eric Dampier into Tyson Chandler, Jerry Stackhouse into Shawn Marion, and Antoine Walker into Jason Terry.

The Dallas front office has proven they can build a contender with limited assets for 11+ years and in the that time only the Lakers, Spurs and maybe the have won more.

And the Nets?

billykingdwightjoejohns.jpg

Nets looking like a 7/8 place team in the East. Won't get past first round whoever they play.

Boston is clearly Miami's only competition.

JJ, Deron, & Crash big 3 is pretty lethal.

I live in Orlando and everyone here just seems to think it's ok that Dwight is leaving...Feels like Summer for 96 all over again....These idiots

When D rose comes back

no way the nets could even make it out the second round against either the heat , or bulls.

why would he re sing with the nets ? dudes will hit the wall way faster than the mavs....

But in this day in age who can tell.

So after further examination, Brooklyn held onto ALL their assets. If they actually trade from Dwight and resign Deron, I'll be hosting the Official Knicks Jonestown-esque mass suicide. Bring your own Nikes, and cup of Kool Aid. I'll be supplying the poison.

Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Briik Lopez, Kris Humphies, Marshon Brooks...

(con't) and the Nets' first-round picks in 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018....move would give Nets Big 3 of D-Will, Dwight & Joe Johnson

Damn, they'd be well over the tax threshold.

Go 'head, though. I ain't even mad. If it works out I'm intrigued by the Knicks/Nets battle.

If BK gets Dwight + Deron
eek.gif
laugh.gif

How will Knick fans feel ? This new NY team outshining your beloved Knick franchise in their first year of existence ? The Knicks have sucked for how long ?
roll.gif

I expect a few sig changes in the next week or two.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Go 'head, though. I ain't even mad. If it works out I'm intrigued by the Knicks/Nets battle.

laugh.gif

Dog we'd lose every battle. They'd be the complete package, a complete basketball team with stars. 

In all honesty if the Brooklyn Nets pull this off the only competitive rivalry would be the Miami Heat.

Originally Posted by leemelone

Just a second ago you were ready for mass suicide now you aint eem mad
laugh.gif
glad you had a chance to calm down
laugh.gif

I hate the Nets, but how could I be mad at what they're doing? That's a great lineup of it works out. I'll eat my crow on Billy King if he makes this work.

Would be some great basketball In NY.

Still hosting the mass suicide, though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

laugh.gif

Dog we'd lose every battle. They'd be the complete package, a complete basketball team with stars. 

In all honesty if the Brooklyn Nets pull this off the only competitive rivalry would be the Miami Heat.
*covers ears*

LALALALALA.

If the Nets manage to keep DWill and trade for D12, they really should play the following before their home games.

I said it a while back. The GM's are so dumb in this league that Dwight can still wind up on the nets. That trade makes no sense for Orlando. Why would u want hump and brook just to pay them big money and go nowhere in the east. Madness.

As a former New Jersey native I just wanna state that before any of this goes down I still hold my bird rights towards Nets fanhood.

I think deal could work if both teams agree to a S&T involving Lopez Brooks and Hump. Nets can over the cap for the S&T. I'm not concerned with cap space as most are here. Proky will pay whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom