Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
That oil money
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*readies nets sig*

I have Keith Van Horn's autograph, I went to Brian Scalabrine basketball camp in middle school, had 3 pairs of Zoom Flight Turbines and my old babysitter's daughter was a Nets cheerleader. You can pretty much say I've been a Nets fan my whole life.

The Hawks, you'll recall, were in the same boat as Ferry's Cavs in the summer of 2005. After a season spent tanking, the Hawks utilized their significant cap space to needlessly send draft picks to the Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade for the right to pay Johnson a wee bit more than they could have paid him outright as a free agent acquisition -- and then they gave Johnson an even more outrageous contract in the summer of 2010. Williams, infamously, was taken ahead of Chris Paul and others in the 2005 draft, and the Hawks have been appropriately above-average since. Ferry, apparently, doesn't want to do above-average anymore.

Thank goodness for that. No more sustaining, no more Mike Bibby, no more first-round snorefests, and no more Josh Smith trade rumors. Because this is Smith and Al Horford's team now, with enough cap space to make a major play at both Dwight Howard and another max player (southern-bred Chris Paul?) in the summer of 2013. Because once that offseason hits, the Hawks will have just Al Horford's eight-figure deal and Jeff Teague's possible contract extension on the books for 2013-14, with myriad options to work with via free agency or the same sort of trade that just netted the Nets Joe Johnson.

Options. It's going to be a weird thing for Hawks fans to get used to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/b...290--nba.html#more-24560

LOVE the deal for the Hawks. They've set themselves up very nicely going forward. As far as the Nets.....who knows? No guarantee that you'll land Dwight and there isn't a guarantee that Deron Williams will re-sign. If you've learned anything about Dwight Howard over the past couple of months, it's that you should expect the unexpected.

Also, why should the Magic do Dwight Howard ANY favors?  Send him to his "supposed" 1st choice?? 
laugh.gif
Ok. 

How does that prove you've been a Net fan your whole life?

Now if Brooklyn doesn't get Dwight, we'll have a year of listening to everything coming together for Atlanta. Josh/D12 from ATL + played together in HS, ATL missed drafting CP3 who wanted to play there.

The Jazz
30t6p3b.gif

Buc Em, As the one with Krazy and JB 23 that have been loyal to the Nets no matter what, we will review your request.

As for the trade, Gerald Wallace might be involved where they get back turk. Either way, DWill, JJ, and Dwight I can live with........ lol

Originally Posted by Buc Em

You can pretty much say I've been a Nets fan my whole life.
Except that you've been a Sixers fan since you've been around here... 
Originally Posted by chino905

They said Nets would take Hedo's contract too 
sick.gif

How the hell can the Nets afford all this?!
They can't. Even if it's just Dwight, unless Orlando signs Hump and Brook to ******ed contracts, there's no way.

They fired Otis Smith and I can't imagine a new GM wants to put his career on the line to rebuild around Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries. 
sick.gif
  Or maybe we'll find out this is why NBA teams recycle flameouts and don't hire first-timers. 
laugh.gif

The Nets are using Broussard as a puppet to keep leaning on DWill. Unless Orlando is run by a kid that won a contest tied to the Special Olympics, there's no way they can pull that off.

How are the nets going to make this work?

Deron - max money
Dwight - max money
JJ - max money
Gerald - 10 Mil per year

for 4 players, they are already paying more than 70M.

Orlando apparently thought we were bluffing about going after other trades... Now that they saw we were serious they're interested in revisted the trade. Lopez & Humphries would have to agree to a sign & trade & we'd take on Hedo's contract. A third team would most likely be involved to take Humphries. DWill has also said that he'd be willing to sign for less in order to get this done.

Im not getting my hopes up, but its good to see Orlando showing interest in dealing Dwight to us. We'll see what happens, but a big 3 of DWill, Joe Johnson, & Dwight would be
eek.gif

Still need to take care of business though... DWill is the first priority then hopefully we can get something done for Dwight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom