Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Kwame Brown get last year? Same with Dalembert. 8M on average towards the cap for three years for a defensive 7 footer really isn't that much of a reach, if you think about it.

laugh.gif
@ Landry Fields being worth $6.7 million.

Look Landy Fields is a WINNER, and has all the INTANGIBLES, and can DEFEND MULTIPLE POSITIONS

Spoiler [+]
yeah I'm looking at you MKG

The lockout happened because of $20M over 3 years and $24M over 3 years contracts? Get real.

Minimum contract? Yeah, I'm sure the Knicks had that offer on the table...this guy as a rookie started in 81 games for a playoff team and in his second, 62 of 66 for a playoff team. Started.

It's not that big of a reach. If you say 5M/year is his value, fine. I say the Raptors had to pay a RFA premium.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by franchise3

Can we speculate on who the mystery player is in the Woj article?
I can guess who you want it to be

I was thinking Westbrook. ..or maybe Harden. Or Melo. Slipped my mind that the Knicks have Tyson and nobody is taking on Amare's contract.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The lockout happened because of $20M over 3 years and $24M over 3 years contracts? Get real.

Minimum contract? Yeah, I'm sure the Knicks had that offer on the table...this guy as a rookie started in 81 games for a playoff team and in his second, 62 of 66 for a playoff team. Started.

It's not that big of a reach. If you say 5M/year is his value, fine. I say the Raptors had to pay a RFA premium.
You've obviously never seen him play basketball.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Fields isn't worth 6.67/year in this market? Asik isn't worth 8/year in this market? Because that's what these teams are paying, not 10M and 15M.
What perimeter player that can't shoot nor defend has received nearly $7 mil annually recently?

And Asik is worth that, no qualms there considering what Kwame Brown & Dre Jordan got

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Magic eye Lakers center Andrew Bynum as target in potential Dwight Howard trade
22 minutes ago
Adrian Wojnarowski

The Lakers had been on Howard’s initial list of three preferred teams – along with Brooklyn and Dallas – but eventually dropped off. Part of the reason has been the frayed relationship between Howard and Kobe Bryant. Those two stars had a contentious phone conversation over a year ago about Howard’s potential offensive role with the Lakers, sources said, and there’s been an uncertainty between both about how they would co-exist on the floor.

laugh.gif

God I wish we had the audio of this  

In a sense, Hank is right about non-playoff teams needing to a pay premium to get a RFA (I say even an unrestricted FA.)

But guys like Landry Fields are not what you go after. You front load a Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, Roy Hibbert. etc etc. Are they deserving of that money, no. But will they produce to make your team better, absolutely. Fields SCREAMS hyped played in big market. He will be one of those guys when he puts up 13 and Grabs 7 rebounds for about two weeks that the fans want to kill because they are paying him 7 mil. He pretty much did that his rookie year. For a Second Round pick like that to make bank, I say good for him. For the raptors to do that, have fun with his just under 10 mil cap hit in year three.

JET in final decisions with Celtics. I really like the fit. I know a lot of guys felt like it was time for him to move on, but I still liked him. Wish him the best.

Does that mean no more Ray Allen
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and would Bradley still start
laugh.gif

Would assume the signing of Terry spells the end for Jesus in Boston. Allen clearly not satisfied in backing up Bradley whereas its something that Terry is accustomed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom