Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I forgot about this dude, he did say he wanted to retire in.his hometown

Jamison To Visit With Bobcats Jul 03, 2012 10:54 AM EDT

Antawn Jamison will visit with the Bobcats on Thursday and Friday.

Jamison is a Charlotte native who played collegiately at North Carolina.

Jamison could be a valuable frontcourt piece for the Bobcats to bring a veteran presence.

If he hated his role (on the bench/minutes or whatever it was) on 2011-2012 Celtics.. How much will he like his role 2012-2013 Heat?

Makes sense for Antawn.

I really can't blame Ray for wanting to go to Miami. Whether its Boston making these moves for new players coming in (JET for example) & them trying to trade Ray for the past 2 seasons, he's gotta do what he has to do. Its a good fit for both sides envolved as well.

30t6p3b.gif
at the damage Miami would continue to do if this ends up happening though.
laugh.gif

As for Fields & that contract... I just don't see it.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Celtic's still want to re-sign Green/Ray/Bass.

Hell of a team they got if that's true.

Improving from ECF team by adding Jeff Green, Fab Melo, Sully, and JET?

Not to mention maybe getting someone like Camby?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Love that roster.
You have to think about what Ray's role on the team will be if he stays there. Is it really worth it?

You have Rondo, Bradley, Terry...where in the hell will Ray play with Terry taking up almost 30 minutes, Rondo taking up 35+ and Bradley probably getting 25+. Ray only gonna be playing about 6 minutes a night.
laugh.gif
You'd gotta think that they'd run with Rondo, JET, Ray, PP, and KG at times.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Magic eye Lakers center Andrew Bynum as target in potential Dwight Howard trade
22 minutes ago
Adrian Wojnarowski

The Lakers had been on Howard’s initial list of three preferred teams – along with Brooklyn and Dallas – but eventually dropped off. Part of the reason has been the frayed relationship between Howard and Kobe Bryant. Those two stars had a contentious phone conversation over a year ago about Howard’s potential offensive role with the Lakers, sources said, and there’s been an uncertainty between both about how they would co-exist on the floor.

laugh.gif

God I wish we had the audio of this  

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Love that roster.
You have to think about what Ray's role on the team will be if he stays there. Is it really worth it?

You have Rondo, Bradley, Terry...where in the hell will Ray play with Terry taking up almost 30 minutes, Rondo taking up 35+ and Bradley probably getting 25+. Ray only gonna be playing about 6 minutes a night.
laugh.gif

bradley PT will go down of course and you have to think they dont want KG,PP and Ray playing big minutes durning the regular season. terry wont get big minutes either.

Lin visiting the Rockets tomorrow, and will offer him the contract that Goran turned down. Probably 6-8M.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Love that roster.

laugh.gif
You'd gotta think that they'd run with Rondo, JET, Ray, PP, and KG at times.

I don't see it.

The fact that Ray was 'supposedly' their no.1 priority after signing KG, signing Terry while Allen is still out looking seems like they don't plan on bringing him back. They will bring back Green, Bass and probably Pietrus or Daniels. There just won't be enough time for Ray. Its also hard for me to imagine Ray going to Miami to play against his former team in the East, but it may be something he wants to do. He'll virtually have the Mike Miller role and probably won't play as much as he would like.

Of course its the homer in me, but I think his best bet would be Memphis or LAC. Probably not LAC if  they end up wtih Crawford. Memphis has a glaring hole at SG with only TA and have a great need for 3 point shooting. I'm sure he can beat out TA for the starting spot, get paid just as much if he would've stayed with Boston (I would like for us to offer the 3 years) and he'll be playing wtih a younger team that had a 62% winning (tied for top 3 in the West) last season without their best player for the most part.

If he doesn't come to Memphis, #%@+ em. Move on to Farmar, Brooks, Hinrich, Foye or whoever else is there.

Ray seems like a loyal, high character guy. He has made a lot of money in this league, and already won a chip with Boston. It just doesn't make sense to leave Boston and go to their new rival Miami, especially after KG just resigned.

I hope it doesnt happen

And any JET detractors have to realize that JET had ALWAYS been the second best player on that Mavs squad, and while his role won't be as major in Boston, he will get a ton more easy looks on the floor with KG, PP, and Rondo. Rondo runs the break and hits JET for a corner three. See it now.

And any JET detractors have to realize that JET had ALWAYS been the second best player on that Mavs squad,
Should tell you all you need to know about the talent we've spend loads of money on over the years. 
laugh.gif

But really, I think he's a great fit in Boston as a guy that can come off the bench and actually be the 6th man/energy guy... He's great in that role. The Mavs asked too much of him the last couple of years. 

What's going to happen with Dallas?

Terry more than likely gone. Good chance that Dwill is gone. Dwight not coming if Dwill re-signs with the Nets.

nerd.gif
 blow up city?

I don't see it.

The fact that Ray was 'supposedly' their no.1 priority after signing KG, signing Terry while Allen is still out looking seems like they don't plan on bringing him back. They will bring back Green, Bass and probably Pietrus or Daniels. There just won't be enough time for Ray. Its also hard for me to imagine Ray going to Miami to play against his former team in the East, but it may be something he wants to do. He'll virtually have the Mike Miller role and probably won't play as much as he would like.

Of course its the homer in me, but I think his best bet would be Memphis or LAC. Probably not LAC if they end up wtih Crawford. Memphis has a glaring hole at SG with only TA and have a great need for 3 point shooting. I'm sure he can beat out TA for the starting spot, get paid just as much if he would've stayed with Boston (I would like for us to offer the 3 years) and he'll be playing wtih a younger team that had a 62% winning (tied for top 3 in the West) last season without their best player for the most part.

They're only signing him for the MLE, the same thing that the Grizzlies would be offering Ray. Ray can get more than that from Boston. Reports saying that Boston still wants Ray. I just see Ray as a loyal guy, and I think he genuinely likes being with PP and KG.

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Knicks could offer Shumpert, Douglas, Gadzuric, Harrellson & Jordan to Suns & get Nash to starting # of $9.9 M. 4 years, $42M trump Raps?
about an hour ago

laugh.gif

What's going to happen with Dallas?

Terry more than likely gone. Good chance that Dwill is gone. Dwight not coming if Dwill re-signs with the Nets.

nerd.gif
 blow up city?
Probably.

JET is 99% gone. Kidd is gone if Deron doesn't come.

If no Deron/Nash, Mavs do the same thing they did last year. Sign guys to one-year deals, then hope to make a splash next year.

If they don't? Strongly consider blowing the whole thing up.

In two years, went from Championship to the only guys remaining on that team are Dirk, Roddy, and Dominique Jones.
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Ray seems like a loyal, high character guy. He has made a lot of money in this league, and already won a chip with Boston. It just doesn't make sense to leave Boston and go to their new rival Miami, especially after KG just resigned.

I hope it doesnt happen
He doesn't get along w/ Rondo. 

If Miller retires, Miami makes PERFECT sense. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom