Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way Jamal Crawford is a TERRIBLE player. Especially considering he holds 2 NBA all time records. He's not a star, but hes definitely decent. Jameer Nelson may not be star PG, but he has been decent for the Magic(s)

They're worthless "records" though. Who cares how many 4pt plays you have or how many different jerseys you have scored 50 in? There's a reason dude never sticks.

Nah I feel you, I'm not saying he's Kobe, I'm saying hes a guy who can be a potent scorer off the bench for somebody thats all

I swear Jameer Nelson is one of the most hated on good point guards in the league. Dudes act like hes Smush Parker or Allen Ray or something lol

i can't ever remember watching jameer play and saying:

"i don't know how he saw that play develop"
"great pass from jameer"
"son just threw a dime"

dudes court vision is awful. its like Vick's on that year madden introduced QB vision.

Don't know how I feel about those Christmas jerseys...

I don't know why exactly Orlando is creating this smokescreen. If the Magic plan on keeping Dwight, they're only going to HURT his trade value. I honestly don't even think Dwight would report to camp given everything that's gone down. In the end, they're only prolonging and delaying the inevitable and will have little to show for it. Make that three way trade with Houston and LA and get those 3 first round picks, those expiring contracts and those young prospects and start the rebuilding process. You can get all of that and still give up one of J-Rich and Hedo or even both of them if you're really adamant. However, with Houston getting Asik now, that probably hurts their chances of landing Dwight or Bynum and with Cleveland now in the mix as the potential third team, they seem to want a guarantee from Bynum to re-sign at the end of the season and that's not happening. Houston was the best team Orlando could trade with because they were fine with getting Dwight or Bynum as a one-year rental and ultimately calling their bluff. Now, that opportunity could be out the window.

Those single color jerseys look like something teams would wear in practice sessions, not an actual game. At this point, they're doing stuff like this just to do something that hasn't been done before.

Just came across this old article...never knew the reason why Mike trade Richard Hamilton :smh:

Were it not for his star status and ability to sell out the house, a Jordan firing might have been justified simply on the grounds that he was a terrible executive. Last fall Jordan traded the effective, young Richard Hamilton -- who won a collegiate championship, is having a red-hot postseason right now and seems a likely all-star next year -- for the me-first, negative-energy-projecting Jerry Stackhouse. Why? Because Hamilton violated taboo by telling Jordan to his face that he had become spoiled and forgotten about the team game. Jordan should have admired Hamilton for having the guts to tell him this -- and to his face, not through the media. Instead MJ cashiered Hamilton, making him the latest budding Wizards star shipped out in return for a fading player other teams didn't even want.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/easterbrook/030509.html

I really wish that they throwback that cavs jersey when Bron was still with them, that color combo would look great on his PE's

I really hope Orlando is bluffing... You're going to wait until trade deadline to trade Dwight? :lol:

When teams have very little ability to take on contracts... Especially they **** ones Orlando has...

Why would I offer you 4 1st round picks? You have to trade him right now...

Why would I take the multiple extra contracts? You have to trade him right now.

It'd be idiotic to wait months.. Just pull the trigger now to the respective team, and forget about it..

Not to mention holding on to Dwight that long, hurts your chances in the draft where you'd go from top 5 pick, to maybe 13th.

At this point im not surprised at anything Orlando does :lol: :smh:

They've had a couple deals that they could've pulled the trigger on. They've gotta realize they aren't going to get equal value for Dwight (Getting back equal value for a superstar is rare), but they've gotten back some good deals to help rebuild with picks & let go of bad contracts. They need to make a move & waiting until the deadline wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. I really can't see Dwight & Orlando playing through all this drama until march.

Last edited:
The Rockets should wait until just before training camp and sign their rookies. Once a rookie signs, they can't be traded for 30 days. Let Dwight open camp with Orlando :pimp:

I really hope Orlando is bluffing... You're going to wait until trade deadline to trade Dwight? :lol:
When teams have very little ability to take on contracts... Especially they **** ones Orlando has...
Why would I offer you 4 1st round picks? You have to trade him right now...
Why would I take the multiple extra contracts? You have to trade him right now.
It'd be idiotic to wait months.. Just pull the trigger now to the respective team, and forget about it..
Not to mention holding on to Dwight that long, hurts your chances in the draft where you'd go from top 5 pick, to maybe 13th.

so how come the lakers fo doesnt put pressure on the magic? Either deal him now or done. same goes for the cavs/rockets, because they also are getting messed with.. you get a bunch of new players right before training camp is only gonna make it harder for your team, opposed to being dealt a few months before training camp.

the lakers dont really need howard.. as long as bynum keeps his head right, the lakers will be fine.. yeah howard will put them in a better position, but having the#2 center in the league is not bad, it could be worse

The Rockets should wait until just before training camp and sign their rookies. Once a rookie signs, they can't be traded for 30 days. Let Dwight open camp with Orlando :pimp:

The way Orlando is acting.. I think they'd end up making Rockets bid against themselves to raise the price...

If Dwight is traded to Houston... It will be by gutting most of the Rockets assets..

You really think it's smart to saddle your payroll for a few years with a bunch of overpriced guys (with Lin & Asik both overpriced), and have Dwight leave in less than a year?

$28 million isn't anything, if he detests where he's playing. He'll leave. We all know his feelings about Houston.. And his first year of his 2nd contract with whatever team he signs to next season, even if he becomes more injury prone he'll get close to max.. Cutting that $28mil down to $11mil-ish.

If Dwight hates where he's playing... A max deal with Bird Rights isn't going to save it....

so how come the lakers fo doesnt put pressure on the magic? Either deal him now or done. same goes for the cavs/rockets, because they also are getting messed with.. you get a bunch of new players right before training camp is only gonna make it harder for your team, opposed to being dealt a few months before training camp.
the lakers dont really need howard.. as long as bynum keeps his head right, the lakers will be fine.. yeah howard will put them in a better position, but having the#2 center in the league is not bad, it could be worse

Lakers won't put full pressure because they'll only have to give up Bynum, McRoberts, and young bums for Howard....

These teams with cap space + picks are the ones who should put on pressure because they have the most variables to deal with.

The way Orlando is acting.. I think they'd end up making Rockets bid against themselves to raise the price...
If Dwight is traded to Houston... It will be by gutting most of the Rockets assets..
You really think it's smart to saddle your payroll for a few years with a bunch of overpriced guys (with Lin & Asik both overpriced), and have Dwight leave in less than a year?
$28 million isn't anything, if he detests where he's playing. He'll leave. We all know his feelings about Houston.. And his first year of his 2nd contract with whatever team he signs to next season, even if he becomes more injury prone he'll get close to max.. Cutting that $28mil down to $11mil-ish.
If Dwight hates where he's playing... A max deal with Bird Rights isn't going to save it....

I don't think Houston would give up most of their assets. Orlando is the one dealing from a position of weakness. Do they really want to start the season with this hanging over their head? Still? Couldn't pull the trigger on a trade last season. Couldn't pull the trigger this whole offseason. We expect them to get the best deal possible as time is running out on deadline day? It's tough for a player to turn down 28M. I guess when push comes to shove we'll see what he does. If it ever gets to that point.

Especially considering, say, Dwight is a FA. How many teams under the cap can go after him? Dallas, Cleveland, Houston, Atlanta. Slim pickings to give up 28M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom