Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

SPURS AQUIRE KURT THOMAS
Spurs acquire Thomas from Sonics for Barry, Elson
By Johnny Ludden, Yahoo! Sports
12 minutes ago

More From Johnny LuddenSuns need Shaq to produce on the court and off Feb 20, 2008 Pistons continue to hold onto top spot Feb 20, 2008
By Johnny Ludden

The San Antonio Spurs have reached agreement with the SuperSonics that will bring them center Kurt Thomas in exchange for guard Brent Barry, center Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick, league sources said Wednesday.

The teams are in the process of finalizing the deal with league officials.

By acquiring Thomas, the Spurs get some needed size to help them counter Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal and Houston's Yao Ming. They also are expected to drop under the luxury-tax threshold, possibly saving them about $2 million. In exchange, San Antonio will send the Sonics a portion of the savings.

While Barry has been sidelined with a calf injury, Ime Udoka has taken his place in the rotation and proven to be a dependable contributor with his defense and 3-point shooting. Elson's inconsistency limited his role with the Spurs this season.

The Sonics, who also considered an offer from the Orlando Magic for Thomas, have now generated three first-round draft picks from Rashard Lewis' sign-and-trade deal last summer.

Johnny Ludden is the NBA editor for Yahoo! Sports. Send

BONZI WELLS + MIKE JAMES for BOBBY JACKSON + ADAM HALUSKA .

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have acquired guard/forward Bonzi Wells, guard Mike James, and cash considerations from the Houston Rockets in exchange for guard Adam Haluska, guard Bobby Jackson, forward Marcus Vinicius and a 2008 second round pick. As part of the three-team deal, the Memphis Grizzlies will receive Vinicius, the rights to Malick Badiane and cash considerations in exchange for the rights to Sergei Lishouk.

GERALD GREEN TO HOUSTON

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Gerald Green tells FOX 26 Sports he has been traded to his hometown Houston Rockets for guard Kirk Snyder and a second-round draft pick.

Green, in his third year in the NBA, went to Gulf Shores Academy High School in Houston. He was drafted in the first round out of high school by the Boston Celtics.

"It's like a dream come true. Never in my life did I think this would happen," Green said. "I am on cloud nine."

Green was traded by Boston to Minnesota in that blockbuster deal involving Kevin Garnett.

He won the Slam Dunk Title in 2007 and was runner-up in 2008.

Portland will try and break up its logjam at point guard by sending rookie Taurean Green to Denver for G VonWafer.

Cavs:

Ben Wallace
Wally World
Joe Smith
Delonte West
future 2nd round from bulls

Bulls:
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Cedric Simmons

Sonics:
Adrian Griffin
Ira Newble
Donyell Marshall
Shannon Brown

Juan Dixon for Primo Brezec

So with a five-man rotation out of the question and Swift and Petro still young and unproven, and Wilcox and Collison being mainstays, it appears Kurt Thomas is out and perhaps could be moved by Thursday's trade deadline. Seattle Post-Intelligencer \

Young, little-used guard Gerald Green -- the runner-up to Dwight Howard in last weekend's NBA All-Star slam dunk contest -- wants to be traded because he figures his days in Minnesota are over when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer anyway. But Green has little value unless packaged in a bigger deal. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Two league sources said Sunday that the Denver Nuggets were in "full pursuit" of Artest and discussing a package involving Linas Kleiza, Eduardo Najera and a first-round pick. Yahoo

The Los Angeles Clippers are trying to pry Mike Miller out of Memphis with an offer of expiring contracts that includes a package of Sam Cassell and Aaron Williams. The Grizzlies want the Clippers first-round pick in 2008, and so far, the Clippers are balking. Yahoo

The Denver Nuggets are talking with the Grizzlies about acquiring guard Kyle Lowry for Von Wafer and a first-round draft pick. Yahoo

The Cavaliers also have had talks regarding Mike Miller and two other point guards: Lowry and Portland's Jarrett Jack. Yahoo

The Raptors are fielding offers for Jason Kapono. Yahoo

The Orlando Magic have continued to shop for frontline help with Pat Garrity's expiring contract as bait. Yahoo

The Spurs also talked to the Atlanta Hawks about Josh Childress, but were quickly rebuffed. Yahoo

Cleveland was interested in Kidd, Denver would like to upgrade over Anthony Carter and Boston is looking for some veteran help behind young Rajon Rondo. But the list of guards who might be available remains unimpressive. Miami's Jason Williams has an NBA title and the kind of veteran pedigree teams might like and Sam Cassell of the Los Angeles Clippers is also going to be attractive. Toronto Star

The chance of another blockbuster happening is slim. One general manager said the Nets are looking to move Vince Carter and Sacramento could still be interested in moving Ron Artest in two of the anticipated "big" moves. Toronto Star

The Magic might have a shot at getting someone like reserve power forward Brian Skinner of Phoenix, which recently acquired O'Neal. The Suns are looking for another guard, which the Magic have in Redick. Orlando Sentinel

Apparently Juan Dixon wants out of Toronto.

Im looking for a package with him and Joey Graham (Ive been expecting something like this for over 4 months now).

I think all the huge deals are done by this point. The deadline will be quiet, but we have had alot of great trades this year.

Link
Cavs In Trade Talks As Deadline Looms

February 19, 2008 - 9:28 am
Miller_Andre_phi.jpg
Akron Beacon Journal -
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have missed out on Jason Kidd and Mike Bibby but Danny Ferry is still looking to make some moves before Thursday's deadline, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.

According to a handful of league sources Cleveland has looked into acquiring Philadelphia point guard Andre Miller and Memphis shooting guard Mike Miller, among others.

The problem for the Cavaliers is that they don't have very attractive assets, and won't win a bidding war with any other teams.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Ohh yeah, how could I forget about the Bulls?

What are they going to do with Deng + Gordon?

Cavs are ridiculous not going after Artest, and I guarantee we don't get Andre. Artest is a FA this summer so, if he doesn't work out, we could let himgo. Not to mention we could most likely get him for Gooden and Shannon OR Newble, Sasha, and Shannon, with 2/3 having expiring contracts.

THIS TIME OF YEAR SUCKS FOR CAVS FANS.

All the big trades have gone down already.

NBA trade deadline usually isn't exciting. 2-3 minor trades usually happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see one more big names get dealt but myexpectations are low.

It's going to be hard to trade for a guy like Carter or Artest. I can see Mike Miller being moved because after the Gasol trade, the Grizzlies proved thatthey dont care who they get in return as long as they're saving money.

Cavs fans need to relax. Your team doesnt have much it can offer to get a significant piece in return (no expiring contracts/high draft picks/young talent).

i hope riley has some more magic in his hat, we need to move davis and j-will for some pieces

With the schedule they have, the Nuggets better make a move or they can be expecting another first round exit, and thats even if they make the playoffs.

can someone explain to me the trade deadline, the real deadline time

a few years ago, i was constantly watching espn for news on baron davis being traded to the warriors, and i kno the deadline is 3 pm eastern, so after thattime passed i figured the deal wasnt going to happen, deadline passed and warriors got no one

then i come home at night to find out baron davis is traded to the warriors

@!#?

Man, I didnt know BC wanted to ship Kapono.

If Kapono didnt have such a large salary, he wouldnt be in trade talks.

Miami's Jason Williams has an NBA title and the kind of veteran pedigree teams might like
I take it the writer didn't see the 5on1 Pull-up 3?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cavs have NOTHING to offer. Your window to improve through trades/FA market was squandered when you wasted all of that money on Hughes, Damon Jones, andDonyell Marshall. Your chance was blown and you'll have to take it and move on.

I like Kleiza, but Artest might work in Denver. What's AI's extension status?

I don't even know what i want the Bulls to do. So many teams have passed us right now its not even funny

Dear Cleveland,

I'll give you Jerry Stackhouse or Jason Terry for Drew Gooden.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

can someone explain to me the trade deadline, the real deadline time

a few years ago, i was constantly watching espn for news on baron davis being traded to the warriors, and i kno the deadline is 3 pm eastern, so after that time passed i figured the deal wasnt going to happen, deadline passed and warriors got no one

then i come home at night to find out baron davis is traded to the warriors

@!#?

The deadline to make a deal is 3PM EST.

But, some deals don't get reported 'till later in the day because some trades happen right up until the deadline, and the league has to go through thepaperwork and stuff.

Also,
eek.gif
if the Kings trade Artest for those expiring contracts.

The expiring contracts they get from Denver, the ones they already got from ATL, they're going to be serious players come FA time.

we need to trade Garrity and maybe Arroyo, to get a better pg...I heard J-Will was interested in coming here

as a mike miller fan, i would fully be in favor of a trade to the cavs. miller + bron would be
pimp.gif
. miller would thrive in cleveland with king james.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

as a mike miller fan, i would fully be in favor of a trade to the cavs. miller + bron would be
pimp.gif
. miller would thrive in cleveland with king james.

That move would really keep Lebron happy. Miller on the Cavs isn't really fair for the rest of the NBA. Everyone else might as well contract theirfranchises to Central America if this move is made. If I was Stern, I would do everything in my power to be sure that this doesn't go through.

lakers should trade walton for kapono

ucla trio of farmar/ariza/kapono

of course raptors wont do that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

i hope riley has some more magic in his hat, we need to move davis and j-will for some pieces
Seriously.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg
af41534275659f314929a7cecc3ae9cffdd20dc.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Do it Mitch - err- Pat!

as a heat fan why would u even want that trade? its 8 million coming off the books next year just keep em

Back
Top Bottom