Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

The 2 trades that i've heard about today are Lamar Odom for Caron Butler & Ron Artest to Clevland for somebody. I would love to see the Odom/Butlerdeal get done.

What about Ron Artest to San Antonio...
nerd.gif

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4450&z=1http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=4450&z=1

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I love how in the East, Lebron + Miller = ECF, when in the west, Kobe + Pau + Lamar + Bynum isnt good enough to make the second round, and Dirk + JHoward + Kidd + Jet also is not good enough to make the second round.

laugh.gif

huh? so who has a better chance to make the second round in the west than the lakers and mavs?I know Spurs and Suns are two of those but who else?
grin.gif

The Artest to Cleveland rumors I've read were Gooden/S. Brown or Sasha, Newble and S. Brown for Ron. I'd be for either...

Originally Posted by Seven30

The 2 trades that i've heard about today are Lamar Odom for Caron Butler & Ron Artest to Clevland for somebody. I would love to see the Odom/Butler deal get done.

laugh.gif

Odom for Butler??? U serious....c'mon bro, that is about as lopsided of a trade that anyone could make up. Butler is basically untouchable. He is to theWizards what Kobe means to the Lakers. Yeah, he's indispensable. If there was any Wizard who I could see retiring here with the franchise, it's TuffJuice. Odom for Butler
roll.gif
what's next, Kobe for Songaila?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The 2 trades that i've heard about today are Lamar Odom for Caron Butler & Ron Artest to Clevland for somebody. I would love to see the Odom/Butler deal get done.

laugh.gif

Odom for Butler??? U serious....c'mon bro, that is about as lopsided of a trade that anyone could make up. Butler is basically untouchable. He is to the Wizards what Kobe means to the Lakers. Yeah, he's indispensable. If there was any Wizard who I could see retiring here with the franchise, it's Tuff Juice. Odom for Butler
roll.gif

It's some writer somewhere who said the Lakers would like to get a pure 3 for Odom and the guy threw out Butler's name. So some of the Laker fanstook it and ran with it in the Laker thread. Most of us know that ain't happenin.

laugh.gif

Odom for Butler??? U serious....c'mon bro, that is about as lopsided of a trade that anyone could make up. Butler is basically untouchable. He is to the Wizards what Kobe means to the Lakers. Yeah, he's indispensable. If there was any Wizard who I could see retiring here with the franchise, it's Tuff Juice. Odom for Butler
roll.gif

i agree with doublesj07, that trade is as lopsided as kwame for caron butler...

oh wait cupcake did make that deal didn't he?
roll.gif
thanks mitch!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know where the Odom for Butler talk started from but I heard it on the radio this morning on the way to work and then I just heard it about a hourago on the ESPN shows (Around The Horn, PTI) so I don't know how serious it is.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

laugh.gif

roll.gif

i agree with doublesj07, that trade is as lopsided as kwame for caron butler...

oh wait cupcake did make that deal didn't he?
roll.gif
thanks mitch!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

it worked out for us though in the end
tongue.gif

butanyway, maybe the Lakers should deal for a SF defender since it looks like Ariza is out for even longer
ohwell.gif
Artest/AK?
nerd.gif

Odom for Butler is a great deal for the Lakers. I heard this rumor as well. I have no clue what plans the Wizards have over the next few seasons. Here's ashort list of their questions.

1) Do they resign Arenas to a contract extension?
2) Do they resign Antawn Jamison to a contract extension?
3) What do they do about their point guard situation?

What about Odom for Antawn Jamison? It's hard to even make hypothetical deals with the Wizards because two of their stars are in limbo.

laugh.gif
Didn't Sam Smith start that rumor about Odom for Caron? That dude couldn't be a bigger idiot.

Link
Nets Definitely Looking To Deal Carter?

February 19, 2008 - 5:43 pm
Carter_Vince_njn.jpg
HoopsWorld -
Word out of New Orleans following the All-Star break is that the Nets are hoping to deal Vince Carter before Thursday's deadline, according to HoopsWorld.

A deal has been discussed between the Pacers and Nets involving Carter and Jermaine O'Neal, but other teams could come into play for the swingman, as well.
nerd.gif

I've also heard rumors that VC might be going to the Nuggets in a deal including Nene + fillers/change....

According to the Cavs forums, ESPN Insider is reporting the Cavs are working out a deal with Memphis:

CLE gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Kyle Lowery

MEM gets: Newble, Marshall, Dwayne Jones, Cedric Simmons and a future pick

Apparently this is fairly recent as the Cavs are now willing to take Brian Cardinal's big contract...

CLE gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Kyle Lowry

Wow, if that's legitimate, the Cavs should jump all over that.

Newble and Jones are two of the worst players in the NBA, Marshall is also terrible and will retire very soon, and Simmons is a bust.

Miller, on the other hand, is the best player in the NBA, who makes men, women and children alike scream at the top of their lungs, and Lowry is going to be agreat point guard very soon.

The most recent I've heard on Carter being dealt was to Indiana, as RealGM stated. I haven't heard Denver or any other teams. Moving 2 big namedplayers with big contracts before the deadline is very hard to do, I doubt something happens. The Indiana talks have been sketchy, so it seems at this point,no team would make a trade by Thursday this big (regarding Indy & Jersey). Who knows though.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

According to the Cavs forums, ESPN Insider is reporting the Cavs are working out a deal with Memphis:

CLE gets: Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Kyle Lowery

Apparently this is fairly recent as the Cavs are now willing to take Brian Cardinal's big contract...
grin.gif

Initially sounds GREAT

BUTTTTT

We lose a lot of friggin size in that trade.

That would leave us with only Z, Andy and Dru as legitimate contributors on the frontcourt.

I'd much rather do the Artest trade. He brings toughness that the Cavs lack. Shoot, he can score a lil too
pimp.gif

Larry
Ron
Bron
Good
Z

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Talk about starting size
pimp.gif

Miller, on the other hand, is the best player in the NBA who makes men, women and children alike scream at the top of their lungs, and Lowry is going to be a great point guard very soon.

laugh.gif
Wow dude.

Bucher said Raps interested in Pietrus, Pietrus+PoB for Kapono?
eek.gif

I spit out my water after hearing and reading about Butler trade talks. Tough ain't going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom