Official NCAA Football 12 Thread: Patch #4 Available Nov. 8th Details p. 41

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

EA game testers are theeeee worst. Im not buying this game until August

theres no point in getting it and starting a Dynasty when all these patches need to be released.
Thinking the same thing. Or at least till patch #2 and complete rosters are out. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

EA game testers are theeeee worst. Im not buying this game until August

theres no point in getting it and starting a Dynasty when all these patches need to be released.
Thinking the same thing. Or at least till patch #2 and complete rosters are out. 

Anybody know if custom playbooks will be for defense too or just offense?
nerd.gif

Yes you can do custom playbooks for offense and defense.

IGN Review:

IGN Ratings for NCAA Football 12 (PS3)
[table][tr][th=""]Rating[/th][th=""]Description[/th][/tr][tr][td]out of 10[/td][td]Click here for ratings guide[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Presentation
The touch traditions and entrances make the games feel more real than ever and the Road to Glory and Dynasty tweaks are welcome. Loads could be faster.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Graphics
The replays are gorgeous, and the video game can look like the real thing at a glance. Shadows and sideline people could use some work, and the field itself can look flat in action.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Sound
I like Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit in the box and enjoy their new dialogue, but there’s still some stale stuff here and there. Bands and fan noise sound great.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Gameplay
It's the same rock solid football so many of us know. Passing, running and defending all feel great. New tackle system is nice, but could've gone for more additions.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Lasting Appeal
Online Dynasties should keep people around, and Road to Glory isn't perfect but is fun. Still, it can seem like last year's game and that could turn some off. Not me, though.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

OVERALL
[/td][td]
Great

(out of 10)
[/td][/tr][/table]

nerd.gif

Yes you can do custom playbooks for offense and defense.

IGN Review:

IGN Ratings for NCAA Football 12 (PS3)
[table][tr][th=""]Rating[/th][th=""]Description[/th][/tr][tr][td]out of 10[/td][td]Click here for ratings guide[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Presentation
The touch traditions and entrances make the games feel more real than ever and the Road to Glory and Dynasty tweaks are welcome. Loads could be faster.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.0[/td][td]Graphics
The replays are gorgeous, and the video game can look like the real thing at a glance. Shadows and sideline people could use some work, and the field itself can look flat in action.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Sound
I like Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit in the box and enjoy their new dialogue, but there’s still some stale stuff here and there. Bands and fan noise sound great.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Gameplay
It's the same rock solid football so many of us know. Passing, running and defending all feel great. New tackle system is nice, but could've gone for more additions.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.5[/td][td]Lasting Appeal
Online Dynasties should keep people around, and Road to Glory isn't perfect but is fun. Still, it can seem like last year's game and that could turn some off. Not me, though.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]

OVERALL
[/td][td]
Great

(out of 10)
[/td][/tr][/table]

NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Gameplay and Presentation

Submitted on: 07/11/2011 by Christian McLeod

We have changed our review process. Read all about how we do our reviews now.

Ed. note: The "first impressions" that we usually start off our review process with would not have worked here because we received the game so far in advance -- not just a day or two before the game reaches store shelves. As such, it did not make sense to have "first impressions" lead off our review process because we were only waiting for the embargo to lift before posting this first story. So what you will get here is more depth than a normal "first impressions" article that normally leads off our review process for triple-A games.

July is always a polarizing month here at Operation Sports because it marks the beginning of football gaming season. The release of EA's NCAA Football always means our forums will be abuzz with frenzied football fanatics breaking down the most minute details of the game. As such, it is almost impossible for the game to satisfy everyone, splitting our readers and staff alike down the middle depending on one's yearly expectations.

However, the most important lesson I’ve learned in my three years as a staff writer here at Operation Sports is that it is our standard policy to review a game based on what's in the game rather than what isn't in it. This is not to say we turn a blind eye to things that we believe have become industry standards in sports games, I just want to give everyone a heads up that I will not be reviewing and scoring NCAA Football 12 based on the fact that it has not implemented a tackling engine that is entirely physics-based, nor will I compare its core mechanics and features to games from the past. This review is about NCAA Football 12; the only game it can fairly be compared to in our eyes is the NCAA Football series. If you are able to accept this OS review philosophy of judging a game based on its own merits, then enjoy the ride. If you would rather focus on what you believe should be included in NCAA 12, or just disagree with our approach, then our reviews might not be for you -- and that's perfectly acceptable

With all that being said, let's get to the good stuff.

Gameplay

I have dumped hundreds of hours into NCAA Football 11 over the past year. For as much as I enjoyed the game's "locomotion engine" and general feel, there were several nagging issues that reared their ugly head the more I played the game. The biggest culprit was undoubtedly the dumbed down CPU AI.

On offense, the CPU would refuse to establish a run game. This led to things like running backs intentionally veering into defenders and completely ignoring open lanes. The AI run game was so inept at times that even CPU quarterbacks refused to scramble even when there was open field in front of them, and linebackers were bearing down on them. On defense, zone coverage in NCAA 11 was simply broken -- especially once EA released the first tuner -- and it wasn't out of the realm of possibility to toss for 700-plus yards against any CPU defense if you felt inclined to cheese some inside slant routes. Slider tweaks managed to solve some of the game's shortcomings and keep it enjoyable, yet getting a realistic CPU run game was still hit or miss even after the most valiant of slider-adjustment efforts.

Well, I'm happy to say that NCAA 12 fixes almost all of CPU AI issues that were found in NCAA 11, and the developers have also taken the NCAA Football gameplay to a level not yet seen during this console generation.

The most important addition to the game impacts suction blocking and tackling. Touting a new momentum-based contact and tackling system, players are no longer sucked into one another to initiate contact all the time. The result is player interaction that feels fresh and forces you to relearn everything you thought you knew about this generation of NCAA Football.

Line Play

For starters, the lack of suction now means that the offensive and defensive line interactions are far more organic than in the past. While far from perfect -- there are still some odd assignment decisions made by lineman -- the user and CPU pass rush are as good as we have seen to date. On the All-American and Heisman difficulty levels, I found myself having to utilize the pocket to avoid outside rushers. In addition, gone are the days of sitting in the pocket for what seems like minutes as you pick out a receiver. The CPU brings the heat, which means getting used to the new pocket timing will take a few games. If you want to run around Vick-style trying to create plays this season, it's likely that you are going to get blown up by a defensive end or linebacker a lot of the time.

16597.jpg

When I play defense, I play exclusively with the defensive tackles. For the first time in what seems like years, I actually have the ability to fully control my player without being magnetically attached to someone. This level of control adds a new layer of strategy to the trench game and makes user blitzes extremely effective in the right situations. One of my main complaints about the demo was that it was extremely easy to blitz the CPU and sack the QB. This issue seems to have been addressed in the final version of the game because the CPU picks up many blitzes with pre-snap reads. You will still be able to rack up three to five sacks per game, but these sacks feel natural during the game -- rather than feeling like you are cheating the CPU AI to make sure you get some sack totals.

Tackling the Issues

If you compare the line play to the tackling mechanics, there is even less suction when it comes to the game's tackling mechanics. In the past, if an offensive player with the ball was within a certain distance of a defender (say a yard), the defender was able to initiate a canned tackle animation, thereby sucking the offensive player into his grasp. This annoyance stopped many potential big runs and made users adjust their running routes to make large swings around defenders in hopes of avoiding the defensive tractor beam. This year a tackle is not initiated until the player models actually make contact with one another, which allows you to tip toe between the tackles or realistically shed a would-be tackler who attempts the hit from a bad angle.

Since the suction has been removed during tackles, a tackle animation will now initiate at the point of contact. Tackling is also now momentum-based, so do not expect to blow up an offensive player via the Hit Stick from any angle like you could do in previous versions of the game.

While not physics-based (I promised not to mention that), the collision animations and tackle variety in NCAA 12 are a visual feast. What impressed me the most was that 99 percent of the tackle animations I have witnessed in my time with the game make sense, according to the offensive and defensive player's position and momentum. You will see players lose and regain their balance after glancing off blows, get their pads lower than a defender's and pinball face first to the ground, get hit sideways while airborne to spin out of bounds, and even see some very slick looking consecutive hit tackles that will make you rush to the instant-replay screen to watch them again and again.

One perfect example of an improved tackle was when my user-controlled Michigan State linebacker initiated a tackle on the back left hip of a running back. Instead of warping in front of the running back and wrapping him up as would happen in NCAA 11, my defender realistically wrapped just the left leg of the running back, and both players spun down to the field and rolled over each other. Moments like these happen on just about every play in NCAA 12, which adds a level of immersion that EA has set out to convey.

Running the Rock

Now that defenders have to be in proper position before a tackle will initiate, the CPU and user run games can be downright devastating. That’s right, the CPU can establish a Lloyd Carr-style devastating run game, especially on All-American and Heisman difficulty. I was routinely shredded on the ground by power running teams like Alabama, and even put to the test against an option attack like Navy's. It's great to see a CPU back identify a hole and then stutter step, juke and spin around defenders to get into the open field. Shockingly, some of the better CPU runs I have seen in the game have come from spread teams like Oregon out of the shotgun. For a team that could not move the ball out of the backfield in the demo, I was surprised to see the Ducks' speedy dreadlocked running back take the ball and employ a slew of shifty moves on his way to rushing for 120 yards and two touchdowns.

16592.jpg

CPU quarterbacks will also scramble this year. Well, let me rephrase that, quarterbacks that are labeled by the game as "scrambling QBs" will take off whenever the opportunity presents itself. CPU quarterbacks not labeled as scramblers will still take off, but they tend to wait too long at times, which results in some easy sacks. Regardless, most AI quarterbacks will attempt to evade an oncoming pass rush, and they all will adjust in the pocket to seek out an open man. One of the more impressive examples of pocket presence I have witnessed so far came from Stanford's "pocket passer" QB: He moved right, then up, then left in the pocket before hitting a receiver as he flashed underneath the zone defense.

As for the humans out there, the user run game is a bit of a mixed bag. Starting with the good, properly reading a play and breaking a read option, or a run up the gut, is one of the best feelings in this game. Now as for the bad, on All-American difficulty I have encountered a few issues with my offensive linemen releasing blocks early, leading to some easy CPU tackles and frustrating moments. Upon investigation in instant replays, an offensive lineman will sometimes magically be shed by a defender as soon as the running back comes within a certain proximity of the engaged players -- insert terrible flashback to previous EA football title here. This strange gaffe makes toss sweeps and the option terribly ineffective because defenders tackle you in the backfield without mercy.

I would be more willing to accept plays like this if they were related to a poorly rated offensive line, or I if I were pitted against a formidable defensive line. However, this has not been the case. It does not seem to matter who I am matched up against because this issue has reared its ugly head again and again.

Thankfully, the above problem can be quickly remedied by moving the functional human run block slider up to 55 or 60. It is also worth noting that switching your game plan to aggressive for holding blocks and impact blocks will help remedy, but not remove, the above issue on the default settings.

Note: The above impressions were taken before the release-day patch went live late in the afternoon on 7/8. The patch seems to have eliminated most of the issues I was seeing above. There are still instances where an odd block animation or O-lineman will release early, but overall the feel is better.

In the Zone

Speaking of zone coverage, the CPU actually is relatively effective when using this scheme this year. Unfortunately, there are still instances where a defender seems locked into his zone or looks lost as a receiver blazes past him. This can be quite frustrating to view in instant replays, and it can be downright infuriating when your defender zones out -- pun intended -- and allows an easy score. To be fair, blown assignments do happen in real life and these in-game instances normally occur when playing against lower-rated defenses, but they still tend to be head scratchers.

The particular culprit when it comes to "mega cheesing" and confusing the CPU zone defense is once again the "four-wide" play where every receiver heads way down the fiel --, specifically the slot man/tight end almost always becomes open as the play develops. If there is a saving grace to this issue, it is that some of the game's better defensive teams will sack you before you can hit the open man; or the safeties will sometimes recover to break up the pass; or your QB may simply overthrow the target -- something that never happened in NCAA 11.

(I have been informed by NCAA Football lead designer Ben Haumiller that the development team is aware that this issue has found its way into NCAA 12, and they are currently working to address it.)

16523.jpg

Here’s hoping a fix arrives soon for this issue because unscrupulous individuals can easily exploit this play for easy yardage in at least 80 percent of their offensive sets until the CPU makes any adjustments. If you are disciplined enough to not exploit CPU defenses with this play, expect a nice challenge when passing this year because the CPU defensive backs do an admirable job of making you go through your reads to find an open receiver. It is also worth mentioning that your CPU teammates play some solid zone defense, so outside of a couple hiccups don't expect to be chewing your defensive backs out on the sideline.

There are several other small improvements regarding CPU AI that would go largely unnoticed to the untrained eye. For starters, CPU punters no longer angle the ball out of bounds for short 20-yard punts. The CPU has been able to pin me inside the three-yard line with a masterful punt. The CPU has also come after my punter when I was pinned inside the 15-yard line. AI quarterbacks will routinely overthrow receivers or flat out miss them even without being pressured. This leads to more accurate completion percentages, and it appears as if "robo QB" is officially dead. The CPU even intelligently kicks the ball after winning the coin toss this year. These are all AI aspects we have not seen in this franchise for years now, and it all adds up to make the game better.

Overall, the CPU feels smart this year, and it is certainly a formidable opponent to play against. After a year of sleepwalking through my offensive schemes, knowing I could rip off yardage at will, I received a rude awakening during my initial games of NCAA 12. Simply put, money plays are few and far between, so you best read up on your team's offensive strengths if you want to compete on All-American and Heisman. I'll freely admit that in the 50 or so games I've played to date, I am playing near .500 ball on All-American. No matter your opponent, be prepared to read the CPU's defense and mix up your plays, or the CPU will shut you down. If you try sleepwalking this year, you will likely play as well as my Michigan State Spartans did against Alabama in the Capital One Bowl last season. Smart football and dynamic adjusting offenses rule the day in NCAA 12.

Okay, so it may sound like I am gushing over the on-field gameplay of NCAA 12, and you would pretty much be right. After countless hours of frustration during this console generation, finally playing a game that feels polished with dangerous CPU feels great. That’s right, I like it when the CPU beats me, and it feels legit. There is no cheating AI here, even on Heisman. If you lose, it is all on you.

Yes, there are the occasional AI breakdowns, quirks and blocking issues. As I mentioned, you will see a couple strange contact animations every now and then, player lateral movement can be hit or miss at times, and you may even encounter the occasional leaping linebacker. Nevertheless, the overall gameplay package is so strong that it is possible to overlook these annoyances. The bottom line is that if you enjoyed the core gameplay of NCAA 11, you are going to appreciate the significance of the gameplay changes Tiburon implemented in this year's game. This is the best playing NCAA Football game to hit this generation of consoles, and I would even argue that it plays a better on-field game than some of the legendary last-gen NCAA Football titles.

Presentation

16266.jpg

Graphics

NCAA 12 is a gorgeous video game. The new HDR lighting adds a whole new dimension to a graphics engine that was rather impressive looking already. The improvement is most noticeable in the stadium models. No longer do these gridiron backdrops look like drab, flat set pieces. Many college stadiums have a life all their own, and it's nice to see the developers finally giving them the same graphical love as the player models that battle within them.

Player models also seem to have been polished up this year, and they seem have a bit more girth to them. Short, stocky players now look the part, and a massive lineman is instantly recognizable on the default gameplay camera. Player equipment has been admirably replicated, right down to the ability to wrap a player's hands or feet in a heavy cast. The facemask- and helmet-editing gurus will also be happy to know that there is a fairly large selection in the game this year, including the "robot running back" look made popular by Peyton Hillis. Oh, and Colorado fans rejoice, the new lighting model makes your gold helmets look fantastic during night games this year.

16256.jpg

Finally, what graphical discussion would be complete without mentioning the 3-D grass? It looks great. Even more impressive is how good still images and replays look with player models, grass, stadium and atmospheric HDR lighting all mixed together in a cornucopia of awesome. I am predicting a record breaking year of picture submissions in our NCAA Football forum as soon as everyone can start contributing to the Photographic Side of NCAA 12 thread.

Everything Else

You probably already know all about the authentic team entrances that have been added to the game, so I will only briefly touch on them. I'm a stickler for collegiate atmosphere in a college football title, so even if I end up skipping by the entrances from time to time, I am happy to see them included. Small touches like this, the addition of band cut scenes and bowl patches all help to make NCAA look like what you would expect to see at a college football game. On a disappointing front, the entrances for conference championship and bowl games are largely the same as last year. The same goes for the pregame introductions, outside of the debut of ESPN's new "building set" broadcast graphics.

15150.jpg

In between the first and third quarters, you will be presented with a stylish cut-to-commercial replay montage. However, halftime highlights are not present. What's here instead are some slow motion fan, player, and mascot reactions to the first half. At the end of the game, you will be treated to a couple generic victory or defeat cut scenes, complete with the player of the game announcement.

New cut scenes make their way into the game between plays, and this is also where the game's stat banners appear. Yes, stat banners only appear during a cut scene after a play. They are definitely more prevalent than last year, but you must resist the urge to button press through the end of each play if you want to see them.

Your patience on the buttons may also be rewarded with the new ESPN Gametrack overlay. This is essentially a slick little highlight package that summarizes what is happening in your game. The first Gametrack will appear right after the second-half kickoff -- Erin Andrews always breaks down the game to that point in this first instance. Other Gametrack moments randomly occur in the second half. During those random moments, the commentators in the booth sometimes talk about the Gametrack package. So far I've seen Gametracks discussing my QB play, both team's defenses, one of my linebackers having a great game, solid defensive line play and a discussion about turnovers.

Nessler and Herbie return for yet another year in the booth, and I surprisingly enough did hear a few new lines of dialogue. They even made me aware during my dynasty that my wideout, halfback and QB had just gone over certain yardage milestones for the season. (I know this has been in the game in the past, I just do not remember it happening as frequently as it has this year.) These two have been nothing more than white noise now for the past 10 years, so the fact that anything stood out is extraordinary in a sad sort of way.

The presentation aspects included in NCAA Football 12 are not spectacular, but what's here is also not the empty-cupboard approach folks have become accustomed to in past titles. The Gametrack feature is a great new addition, as are the between-quarter-television-style replays. It's also good to see some stat banners, even if they are in cut scenes, for stats that are not just reserved for milestones anymore like in the past. What's here is not astonishing, but this is the best presentation package we have seen in a NCAA Football game this console generation.

Day two of the Operation Sports NCAA Football 12 review process continues tomorrow as I discuss the Dynasty and Road to Glory modes. On Wednesday, I talk NCAA 12 online. The review wraps up Thursday when I assign the game a score. Make sure to follow me on Twitter @Bumble14_OS, and feel free to ask me any questions now that the embargo is over.

NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Gameplay and Presentation

Submitted on: 07/11/2011 by Christian McLeod

We have changed our review process. Read all about how we do our reviews now.

Ed. note: The "first impressions" that we usually start off our review process with would not have worked here because we received the game so far in advance -- not just a day or two before the game reaches store shelves. As such, it did not make sense to have "first impressions" lead off our review process because we were only waiting for the embargo to lift before posting this first story. So what you will get here is more depth than a normal "first impressions" article that normally leads off our review process for triple-A games.

July is always a polarizing month here at Operation Sports because it marks the beginning of football gaming season. The release of EA's NCAA Football always means our forums will be abuzz with frenzied football fanatics breaking down the most minute details of the game. As such, it is almost impossible for the game to satisfy everyone, splitting our readers and staff alike down the middle depending on one's yearly expectations.

However, the most important lesson I’ve learned in my three years as a staff writer here at Operation Sports is that it is our standard policy to review a game based on what's in the game rather than what isn't in it. This is not to say we turn a blind eye to things that we believe have become industry standards in sports games, I just want to give everyone a heads up that I will not be reviewing and scoring NCAA Football 12 based on the fact that it has not implemented a tackling engine that is entirely physics-based, nor will I compare its core mechanics and features to games from the past. This review is about NCAA Football 12; the only game it can fairly be compared to in our eyes is the NCAA Football series. If you are able to accept this OS review philosophy of judging a game based on its own merits, then enjoy the ride. If you would rather focus on what you believe should be included in NCAA 12, or just disagree with our approach, then our reviews might not be for you -- and that's perfectly acceptable

With all that being said, let's get to the good stuff.

Gameplay

I have dumped hundreds of hours into NCAA Football 11 over the past year. For as much as I enjoyed the game's "locomotion engine" and general feel, there were several nagging issues that reared their ugly head the more I played the game. The biggest culprit was undoubtedly the dumbed down CPU AI.

On offense, the CPU would refuse to establish a run game. This led to things like running backs intentionally veering into defenders and completely ignoring open lanes. The AI run game was so inept at times that even CPU quarterbacks refused to scramble even when there was open field in front of them, and linebackers were bearing down on them. On defense, zone coverage in NCAA 11 was simply broken -- especially once EA released the first tuner -- and it wasn't out of the realm of possibility to toss for 700-plus yards against any CPU defense if you felt inclined to cheese some inside slant routes. Slider tweaks managed to solve some of the game's shortcomings and keep it enjoyable, yet getting a realistic CPU run game was still hit or miss even after the most valiant of slider-adjustment efforts.

Well, I'm happy to say that NCAA 12 fixes almost all of CPU AI issues that were found in NCAA 11, and the developers have also taken the NCAA Football gameplay to a level not yet seen during this console generation.

The most important addition to the game impacts suction blocking and tackling. Touting a new momentum-based contact and tackling system, players are no longer sucked into one another to initiate contact all the time. The result is player interaction that feels fresh and forces you to relearn everything you thought you knew about this generation of NCAA Football.

Line Play

For starters, the lack of suction now means that the offensive and defensive line interactions are far more organic than in the past. While far from perfect -- there are still some odd assignment decisions made by lineman -- the user and CPU pass rush are as good as we have seen to date. On the All-American and Heisman difficulty levels, I found myself having to utilize the pocket to avoid outside rushers. In addition, gone are the days of sitting in the pocket for what seems like minutes as you pick out a receiver. The CPU brings the heat, which means getting used to the new pocket timing will take a few games. If you want to run around Vick-style trying to create plays this season, it's likely that you are going to get blown up by a defensive end or linebacker a lot of the time.

16597.jpg

When I play defense, I play exclusively with the defensive tackles. For the first time in what seems like years, I actually have the ability to fully control my player without being magnetically attached to someone. This level of control adds a new layer of strategy to the trench game and makes user blitzes extremely effective in the right situations. One of my main complaints about the demo was that it was extremely easy to blitz the CPU and sack the QB. This issue seems to have been addressed in the final version of the game because the CPU picks up many blitzes with pre-snap reads. You will still be able to rack up three to five sacks per game, but these sacks feel natural during the game -- rather than feeling like you are cheating the CPU AI to make sure you get some sack totals.

Tackling the Issues

If you compare the line play to the tackling mechanics, there is even less suction when it comes to the game's tackling mechanics. In the past, if an offensive player with the ball was within a certain distance of a defender (say a yard), the defender was able to initiate a canned tackle animation, thereby sucking the offensive player into his grasp. This annoyance stopped many potential big runs and made users adjust their running routes to make large swings around defenders in hopes of avoiding the defensive tractor beam. This year a tackle is not initiated until the player models actually make contact with one another, which allows you to tip toe between the tackles or realistically shed a would-be tackler who attempts the hit from a bad angle.

Since the suction has been removed during tackles, a tackle animation will now initiate at the point of contact. Tackling is also now momentum-based, so do not expect to blow up an offensive player via the Hit Stick from any angle like you could do in previous versions of the game.

While not physics-based (I promised not to mention that), the collision animations and tackle variety in NCAA 12 are a visual feast. What impressed me the most was that 99 percent of the tackle animations I have witnessed in my time with the game make sense, according to the offensive and defensive player's position and momentum. You will see players lose and regain their balance after glancing off blows, get their pads lower than a defender's and pinball face first to the ground, get hit sideways while airborne to spin out of bounds, and even see some very slick looking consecutive hit tackles that will make you rush to the instant-replay screen to watch them again and again.

One perfect example of an improved tackle was when my user-controlled Michigan State linebacker initiated a tackle on the back left hip of a running back. Instead of warping in front of the running back and wrapping him up as would happen in NCAA 11, my defender realistically wrapped just the left leg of the running back, and both players spun down to the field and rolled over each other. Moments like these happen on just about every play in NCAA 12, which adds a level of immersion that EA has set out to convey.

Running the Rock

Now that defenders have to be in proper position before a tackle will initiate, the CPU and user run games can be downright devastating. That’s right, the CPU can establish a Lloyd Carr-style devastating run game, especially on All-American and Heisman difficulty. I was routinely shredded on the ground by power running teams like Alabama, and even put to the test against an option attack like Navy's. It's great to see a CPU back identify a hole and then stutter step, juke and spin around defenders to get into the open field. Shockingly, some of the better CPU runs I have seen in the game have come from spread teams like Oregon out of the shotgun. For a team that could not move the ball out of the backfield in the demo, I was surprised to see the Ducks' speedy dreadlocked running back take the ball and employ a slew of shifty moves on his way to rushing for 120 yards and two touchdowns.

16592.jpg

CPU quarterbacks will also scramble this year. Well, let me rephrase that, quarterbacks that are labeled by the game as "scrambling QBs" will take off whenever the opportunity presents itself. CPU quarterbacks not labeled as scramblers will still take off, but they tend to wait too long at times, which results in some easy sacks. Regardless, most AI quarterbacks will attempt to evade an oncoming pass rush, and they all will adjust in the pocket to seek out an open man. One of the more impressive examples of pocket presence I have witnessed so far came from Stanford's "pocket passer" QB: He moved right, then up, then left in the pocket before hitting a receiver as he flashed underneath the zone defense.

As for the humans out there, the user run game is a bit of a mixed bag. Starting with the good, properly reading a play and breaking a read option, or a run up the gut, is one of the best feelings in this game. Now as for the bad, on All-American difficulty I have encountered a few issues with my offensive linemen releasing blocks early, leading to some easy CPU tackles and frustrating moments. Upon investigation in instant replays, an offensive lineman will sometimes magically be shed by a defender as soon as the running back comes within a certain proximity of the engaged players -- insert terrible flashback to previous EA football title here. This strange gaffe makes toss sweeps and the option terribly ineffective because defenders tackle you in the backfield without mercy.

I would be more willing to accept plays like this if they were related to a poorly rated offensive line, or I if I were pitted against a formidable defensive line. However, this has not been the case. It does not seem to matter who I am matched up against because this issue has reared its ugly head again and again.

Thankfully, the above problem can be quickly remedied by moving the functional human run block slider up to 55 or 60. It is also worth noting that switching your game plan to aggressive for holding blocks and impact blocks will help remedy, but not remove, the above issue on the default settings.

Note: The above impressions were taken before the release-day patch went live late in the afternoon on 7/8. The patch seems to have eliminated most of the issues I was seeing above. There are still instances where an odd block animation or O-lineman will release early, but overall the feel is better.

In the Zone

Speaking of zone coverage, the CPU actually is relatively effective when using this scheme this year. Unfortunately, there are still instances where a defender seems locked into his zone or looks lost as a receiver blazes past him. This can be quite frustrating to view in instant replays, and it can be downright infuriating when your defender zones out -- pun intended -- and allows an easy score. To be fair, blown assignments do happen in real life and these in-game instances normally occur when playing against lower-rated defenses, but they still tend to be head scratchers.

The particular culprit when it comes to "mega cheesing" and confusing the CPU zone defense is once again the "four-wide" play where every receiver heads way down the fiel --, specifically the slot man/tight end almost always becomes open as the play develops. If there is a saving grace to this issue, it is that some of the game's better defensive teams will sack you before you can hit the open man; or the safeties will sometimes recover to break up the pass; or your QB may simply overthrow the target -- something that never happened in NCAA 11.

(I have been informed by NCAA Football lead designer Ben Haumiller that the development team is aware that this issue has found its way into NCAA 12, and they are currently working to address it.)

16523.jpg

Here’s hoping a fix arrives soon for this issue because unscrupulous individuals can easily exploit this play for easy yardage in at least 80 percent of their offensive sets until the CPU makes any adjustments. If you are disciplined enough to not exploit CPU defenses with this play, expect a nice challenge when passing this year because the CPU defensive backs do an admirable job of making you go through your reads to find an open receiver. It is also worth mentioning that your CPU teammates play some solid zone defense, so outside of a couple hiccups don't expect to be chewing your defensive backs out on the sideline.

There are several other small improvements regarding CPU AI that would go largely unnoticed to the untrained eye. For starters, CPU punters no longer angle the ball out of bounds for short 20-yard punts. The CPU has been able to pin me inside the three-yard line with a masterful punt. The CPU has also come after my punter when I was pinned inside the 15-yard line. AI quarterbacks will routinely overthrow receivers or flat out miss them even without being pressured. This leads to more accurate completion percentages, and it appears as if "robo QB" is officially dead. The CPU even intelligently kicks the ball after winning the coin toss this year. These are all AI aspects we have not seen in this franchise for years now, and it all adds up to make the game better.

Overall, the CPU feels smart this year, and it is certainly a formidable opponent to play against. After a year of sleepwalking through my offensive schemes, knowing I could rip off yardage at will, I received a rude awakening during my initial games of NCAA 12. Simply put, money plays are few and far between, so you best read up on your team's offensive strengths if you want to compete on All-American and Heisman. I'll freely admit that in the 50 or so games I've played to date, I am playing near .500 ball on All-American. No matter your opponent, be prepared to read the CPU's defense and mix up your plays, or the CPU will shut you down. If you try sleepwalking this year, you will likely play as well as my Michigan State Spartans did against Alabama in the Capital One Bowl last season. Smart football and dynamic adjusting offenses rule the day in NCAA 12.

Okay, so it may sound like I am gushing over the on-field gameplay of NCAA 12, and you would pretty much be right. After countless hours of frustration during this console generation, finally playing a game that feels polished with dangerous CPU feels great. That’s right, I like it when the CPU beats me, and it feels legit. There is no cheating AI here, even on Heisman. If you lose, it is all on you.

Yes, there are the occasional AI breakdowns, quirks and blocking issues. As I mentioned, you will see a couple strange contact animations every now and then, player lateral movement can be hit or miss at times, and you may even encounter the occasional leaping linebacker. Nevertheless, the overall gameplay package is so strong that it is possible to overlook these annoyances. The bottom line is that if you enjoyed the core gameplay of NCAA 11, you are going to appreciate the significance of the gameplay changes Tiburon implemented in this year's game. This is the best playing NCAA Football game to hit this generation of consoles, and I would even argue that it plays a better on-field game than some of the legendary last-gen NCAA Football titles.

Presentation

16266.jpg

Graphics

NCAA 12 is a gorgeous video game. The new HDR lighting adds a whole new dimension to a graphics engine that was rather impressive looking already. The improvement is most noticeable in the stadium models. No longer do these gridiron backdrops look like drab, flat set pieces. Many college stadiums have a life all their own, and it's nice to see the developers finally giving them the same graphical love as the player models that battle within them.

Player models also seem to have been polished up this year, and they seem have a bit more girth to them. Short, stocky players now look the part, and a massive lineman is instantly recognizable on the default gameplay camera. Player equipment has been admirably replicated, right down to the ability to wrap a player's hands or feet in a heavy cast. The facemask- and helmet-editing gurus will also be happy to know that there is a fairly large selection in the game this year, including the "robot running back" look made popular by Peyton Hillis. Oh, and Colorado fans rejoice, the new lighting model makes your gold helmets look fantastic during night games this year.

16256.jpg

Finally, what graphical discussion would be complete without mentioning the 3-D grass? It looks great. Even more impressive is how good still images and replays look with player models, grass, stadium and atmospheric HDR lighting all mixed together in a cornucopia of awesome. I am predicting a record breaking year of picture submissions in our NCAA Football forum as soon as everyone can start contributing to the Photographic Side of NCAA 12 thread.

Everything Else

You probably already know all about the authentic team entrances that have been added to the game, so I will only briefly touch on them. I'm a stickler for collegiate atmosphere in a college football title, so even if I end up skipping by the entrances from time to time, I am happy to see them included. Small touches like this, the addition of band cut scenes and bowl patches all help to make NCAA look like what you would expect to see at a college football game. On a disappointing front, the entrances for conference championship and bowl games are largely the same as last year. The same goes for the pregame introductions, outside of the debut of ESPN's new "building set" broadcast graphics.

15150.jpg

In between the first and third quarters, you will be presented with a stylish cut-to-commercial replay montage. However, halftime highlights are not present. What's here instead are some slow motion fan, player, and mascot reactions to the first half. At the end of the game, you will be treated to a couple generic victory or defeat cut scenes, complete with the player of the game announcement.

New cut scenes make their way into the game between plays, and this is also where the game's stat banners appear. Yes, stat banners only appear during a cut scene after a play. They are definitely more prevalent than last year, but you must resist the urge to button press through the end of each play if you want to see them.

Your patience on the buttons may also be rewarded with the new ESPN Gametrack overlay. This is essentially a slick little highlight package that summarizes what is happening in your game. The first Gametrack will appear right after the second-half kickoff -- Erin Andrews always breaks down the game to that point in this first instance. Other Gametrack moments randomly occur in the second half. During those random moments, the commentators in the booth sometimes talk about the Gametrack package. So far I've seen Gametracks discussing my QB play, both team's defenses, one of my linebackers having a great game, solid defensive line play and a discussion about turnovers.

Nessler and Herbie return for yet another year in the booth, and I surprisingly enough did hear a few new lines of dialogue. They even made me aware during my dynasty that my wideout, halfback and QB had just gone over certain yardage milestones for the season. (I know this has been in the game in the past, I just do not remember it happening as frequently as it has this year.) These two have been nothing more than white noise now for the past 10 years, so the fact that anything stood out is extraordinary in a sad sort of way.

The presentation aspects included in NCAA Football 12 are not spectacular, but what's here is also not the empty-cupboard approach folks have become accustomed to in past titles. The Gametrack feature is a great new addition, as are the between-quarter-television-style replays. It's also good to see some stat banners, even if they are in cut scenes, for stats that are not just reserved for milestones anymore like in the past. What's here is not astonishing, but this is the best presentation package we have seen in a NCAA Football game this console generation.

Day two of the Operation Sports NCAA Football 12 review process continues tomorrow as I discuss the Dynasty and Road to Glory modes. On Wednesday, I talk NCAA 12 online. The review wraps up Thursday when I assign the game a score. Make sure to follow me on Twitter @Bumble14_OS, and feel free to ask me any questions now that the embargo is over.

PS3 Trophy List.
[table][tr][td]
There are 40 Trophies that can be earned in this title.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sort:[/td][td] [/td][td]   [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Platinum Trophy[/td][td]
trophy_platinum.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unlock every trophy[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Happy 20th EA SPORTS![/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Break off a 20 yard run to celebrate 20 years of EA SPORTS![/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Take a Stab Downfield[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Complete a pass for 50 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]1st Option For 6[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a touchdown handing off to the fullback on a triple option play (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Speed Reader[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a touchdown on a QB Choice run play (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Balanced Attack[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gain 200 rushing yards and 200 passing yards in the same game (excludes co-op and Road to Glory).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Lock and Load[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]With Player Lock on, return an interception for a TD (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]In Your Crosshairs[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spotlight a receiver and get an interception on him in a Play Now or Dynasty game (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Unstoppable[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a game by 35+ points on Heisman difficulty (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best Class Ever[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a season in single team Dynasty Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Point Some Fingers[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In a single phone call, take 250 points away from one school by downplaying pitches.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]High School Champ[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the High School Championship Game in any state.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best in Class[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Finish High School as a 5 star prospect in Road to Glory.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Taking the Snaps[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Become a starter in Road to Glory Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Strike the Pose[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy in a single team Dynasty Mode or Road to Glory Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Campus Legend[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your team's All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Conference King[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your conference's All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best of All-Time[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on the NCAA All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ironman Performance[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score an offensive and defensive touchdown in a Road to Glory high school game.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ultimate Ironman[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Finish High Chool as a 5 star prospect in Road to Glory on both offense and defense.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Battle Tested[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a position battle in Road To Glory[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Earn My Trust[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reach the max coach trust in Road to Glory[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]My Conference is Super[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Create a 16 team super conference in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]One Of The Big Boys[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit the BCS tie-ins to grant a BCS tie-in to a non-AQ conference[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]On Second Thought[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit a division name of a conference in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Leaders Of Legends[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the inaugural Big Ten Championship game in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Head Of The PAC[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the inaugural PAC-12 Championship game in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Independence Day[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the National Championship game with BYU in the first year of Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Hometown Hero[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lead your alma mater to a National Championship as a head coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Changing The Landscape[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit a conference's members in a Dynasty off-season[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Let's Do It Again[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]As a head coach in Dynasty, sign an extension to stay at the same school (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Dream Job[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Become the head coach of your alma mater in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Cool Off The Hot Seat[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Escape the hot seat (less than 30% security) to keep your job for next Season (Coach contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Dual Threat Coach[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win the BCS Championship & have the #1 recruiting class in a single season as head coach in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Living Legend[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reach a coach prestige of A+ with a created coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]My Two Cents[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Online Dynasty, write a comment n a Dynasty Wire story[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]A Legend is Born[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Defeat a rival using your backup QB. Minimum 15 pass attempts (excludes co-op)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Tire Fire Offense[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a game without scoring an offensive touchdown and gaining less than 200 yards (excludes co-op)[/td][td] (1) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Take What You Want[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Create a custom playbook[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Check This Out[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Upload a photo or video to EASports.com[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]

PS3 Trophy List.
[table][tr][td]
There are 40 Trophies that can be earned in this title.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sort:[/td][td] [/td][td]   [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Platinum Trophy[/td][td]
trophy_platinum.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unlock every trophy[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Happy 20th EA SPORTS![/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Break off a 20 yard run to celebrate 20 years of EA SPORTS![/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Take a Stab Downfield[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Complete a pass for 50 or more yards in a Play Now or Dynasty Mode game (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]1st Option For 6[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a touchdown handing off to the fullback on a triple option play (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Speed Reader[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score a touchdown on a QB Choice run play (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Balanced Attack[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gain 200 rushing yards and 200 passing yards in the same game (excludes co-op and Road to Glory).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Lock and Load[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]With Player Lock on, return an interception for a TD (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]In Your Crosshairs[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Spotlight a receiver and get an interception on him in a Play Now or Dynasty game (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Unstoppable[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a game by 35+ points on Heisman difficulty (excludes co-op).[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best Class Ever[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a season in single team Dynasty Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Point Some Fingers[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In a single phone call, take 250 points away from one school by downplaying pitches.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]High School Champ[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the High School Championship Game in any state.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best in Class[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Finish High School as a 5 star prospect in Road to Glory.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Taking the Snaps[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Become a starter in Road to Glory Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Strike the Pose[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy in a single team Dynasty Mode or Road to Glory Mode.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Campus Legend[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your team's All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Conference King[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on your conference's All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Best of All-Time[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Road to Glory Mode, earn a spot on the NCAA All-Time leaderboard.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ironman Performance[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Score an offensive and defensive touchdown in a Road to Glory high school game.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Ultimate Ironman[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Finish High Chool as a 5 star prospect in Road to Glory on both offense and defense.[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Battle Tested[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a position battle in Road To Glory[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Earn My Trust[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reach the max coach trust in Road to Glory[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]My Conference is Super[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Create a 16 team super conference in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]One Of The Big Boys[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit the BCS tie-ins to grant a BCS tie-in to a non-AQ conference[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]On Second Thought[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit a division name of a conference in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Leaders Of Legends[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the inaugural Big Ten Championship game in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Head Of The PAC[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the inaugural PAC-12 Championship game in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Independence Day[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Play and win the National Championship game with BYU in the first year of Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Hometown Hero[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lead your alma mater to a National Championship as a head coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Changing The Landscape[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Edit a conference's members in a Dynasty off-season[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Let's Do It Again[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]As a head coach in Dynasty, sign an extension to stay at the same school (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Dream Job[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Become the head coach of your alma mater in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Cool Off The Hot Seat[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Escape the hot seat (less than 30% security) to keep your job for next Season (Coach contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Dual Threat Coach[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win the BCS Championship & have the #1 recruiting class in a single season as head coach in Dynasty[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Living Legend[/td][td]
trophy_gold.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reach a coach prestige of A+ with a created coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]My Two Cents[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]In Online Dynasty, write a comment n a Dynasty Wire story[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]A Legend is Born[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Defeat a rival using your backup QB. Minimum 15 pass attempts (excludes co-op)[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Tire Fire Offense[/td][td]
trophy_silver.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Win a game without scoring an offensive touchdown and gaining less than 200 yards (excludes co-op)[/td][td] (1) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Take What You Want[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Create a custom playbook[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Check This Out[/td][td]
trophy_bronze.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Upload a photo or video to EASports.com[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]

i-came.jpg

Amazon better come through tomorrow afternoon. 360 guys add me GT: Gator Boy 24

i-came.jpg

Amazon better come through tomorrow afternoon. 360 guys add me GT: Gator Boy 24

Originally Posted by November33rd

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Who will have the best rosters for xbox on release date?

Probably fairdale kings.

There's a couple people who have got early copies that have started working on the rosters already.

----------

nerd.gif

All I need is the rosters to start my dynasty
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by November33rd

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Who will have the best rosters for xbox on release date?

Probably fairdale kings.

There's a couple people who have got early copies that have started working on the rosters already.

----------

nerd.gif

All I need is the rosters to start my dynasty
pimp.gif

^ check out operationsports...they have a group of guys working on community rosters. they will include coaches, rerates, all 120 schools named, transfers and incoming freshman. basically it will be the end all be all of rosters. should be done by saturday.

^ check out operationsports...they have a group of guys working on community rosters. they will include coaches, rerates, all 120 schools named, transfers and incoming freshman. basically it will be the end all be all of rosters. should be done by saturday.

Back
Top Bottom