Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well that's a plus. I suppose I can pick up a few others before I start getting the J Crews.

Those Independent Days were very nice. National Parks are the pair to fill the void for missing those, at least until I can find a pair for a decent price lol

Walter..

I could've sworn some of the J Crews were discounted for a brief period last year, I remember the Pebble Blues specifically.

I could've sworn some of the J Crews were discounted for a brief period last year, I remember the Pebble Blues specifically.
I never saw the PB's on sale, but there was a 40‰ on sale items. Copped the Midori 998 for $42 delivered. I wore my Pebbles today for the first time, man what a fantastic all around shoe. It's one of those rare instances where it actually lives up to the hype. If you are a college student, educator, or know someone who is they can be had for $137. I'm thinking of doubling up, which I never do. They are that good.

I never saw the PB's on sale, but there was a 40‰ on sale items. Copped the Midori 998 for $42 delivered. I wore my Pebbles today for the first time, man what a fantastic all around shoe. It's one of those rare instances where it actually lives up to the hype. If you are a college student, educator, or know someone who is they can be had for $137. I'm thinking of doubling up, which I never do. They are that good.
school ID?

That's great to know, as I have a few semesters left. Repped. It'll definitely help to purchase each pair.

$42 for Midori's is unbelievable.
I too have never doubled on any pair. I've always felt that the money could go into a different pair, or used for something else since I've always worn my sneakers.

Walter..

Alright let's start to know some of the daily contributors:

Favorite 3 models in 1.2.3. format and favorite pair of each model (this is what you own) feel free to add more than one pair if you like

1.1500 - nazar and chf

2. 998 -pebble blue 

3. 990 - 990 burgundy (comfy)

That's great to know, as I have a few semesters left. Repped. It'll definitely help to purchase each pair.

$42 for Midori's is unbelievable.
I too have never doubled on any pair. I've always felt that the money could go into a different pair, or used for something else since I've always worn my sneakers.

Walter..
I just doubled up on my first pair, the 1400 evergreen pair. I need to double up on the 990bd, 997gy and 998 pebble blue.

Glad that my school ID doesn't have a date on it so I can use it for a good while.

I just hate that none of the JCrew stores around me carry new balance or i'd try to do the school id move, they usually don't honor it so you better find someone that you can sweet talk 

LPU:

Got my Pebble Blues early last year for $90 from J Crew. I think it was right before they exclude NBs from their sale codes.

1. 997 - GY, NV, PR (on preorder)

2. 1300 - AR2, JP, GYW

3. 990 - RS, HSN, N

Nice indeed. These are on my list, but I have yet to come across a pair. Those are my size too.

Would you mind letting me know how much you paid via pm?

These remind me of purple pigeon SB's from the cw. I never did buy the SB's, could have for decent prices many years back but always passed for whatever reason.

Walter..

Last edited:

I just doubled up on my first pair, the 1400 evergreen pair. I need to double up on the 990bd, 997gy and 998 pebble blue.

Glad that my school ID doesn't have a date on it so I can use it for a good while.

I just hate that none of the JCrew stores around me carry new balance or i'd try to do the school id move, they usually don't honor it so you better find someone that you can sweet talk 
Neither of the stores in my area carry them either but I was able to do a phone order in store. The salesperson also gave me the student discount, so it's still possible, even if the item isn't in store. 

I thought student discount doesn't work on new balance from j crew. Tried to use it on my infernos and they wouldn't let me. 

Back
Top Bottom