Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I've never seen the middle three 998 he posted. They're all fire. The mints, purple and Greys, woohoo. But then again I'm a sucker for 998s and 990 OGs.

Cnotes stayed on the site for a couple hours after release. I certainly wouldn't call that "sitting". Also, just because something sat, doesn't mean it's not good.

they sat for a few hours when they released on cncpt website. Ebay prices were around $200ish right after release. Go back in this "Nb" thread and read up around and right after the release date. I picked my pair up for $185 shipped from a ebay seller through paypal invoice.

Did you recently pick your par up for $400 + and in disbelief ?
they did not sit for hours.  Maybe a size or two sat for a couple hours. but most sizes were gone pretty quick. not 3 lies quick. but this release didn't just sit around which is what you were trying to get at. 

Last edited:
Cnotes stayed on the site for a couple hours after release. I certainly wouldn't call that "sitting". Also, just because something sat, doesn't mean it's not good.
Word. People slept hard on Cnotes, that dont make them any less good looking. That Tannery hype was too strong...

Last edited:
Question, since that was a CdG X NB collab is it super hard to find a pair ? And if I did what would be the average going price ?

Question, since that was a CdG X NB collab is it super hard to find a pair ? And if I did what would be the average going price ?
It's going to be hard to find but the going price isn't going to be nearly what you think. Most don't even know about it's existence i mean you just found out about 10 min ago (No shade, just saying) so realistically chances are if you find a  pair it's just going to be someone looking to move it. 

^ haha it's all good, I'm new to NB's so I'm unaware of A LOT but that's good news cuz I'm def hung up on that pair so hopefully I get lucky and find a pair in my size.

PADS national parks 990 on the bay in a 12 for $100, probably less if you send him a paypal offer... was about to buy until i saw the size 
mean.gif
 just got posted

I like bright colored suede but i like some variation in color, even just different shades of the same color

WHAT!?....WHAT?

Moby > CDG 998 

Tassies take the all time NB 998 for me @fo****zles
 can't believe they weren't anywhere in the top 5 lol

Haha not sure if you are serious on the Moby. Tassie would be up there but IMO, those top 5 I listed are way more :smokin

Speaking of 998 Tassies, I find some inconsistencies on the released pairs from several websites:
I legitimately find these pairs in perfect form (SEE THE DOUBLE STICHING IN THE VAMP) :

(This^ Pair from SFreaker website)

... compared to these pairs that were released from legitimate retailers as well:

Both of these pairs are supposedly legitimate but they are not consistent.
Again - SEE THE DOUBLE STICHING IN THE VAMP on the 1st set and peep the N logo stitching and the vamp stitching on the 2nd set...

Last edited:
C-notes absolutely were on their website for hours. They would restock sizes after they would sell out. It wasn't just little sizes. I wear an 11 and I could've purchased them hours after the initial drop. I just couldn't pull the trigger at the time for $180. I didn't feel they were worth it.

Last edited:
Haha not sure if you are serious on the Moby. Tassie would be up there but IMO, those top are way more
smokin.gif

Speaking of 998 Tassies, I find some inconsistencies on the released pairs from several websites:
I legitimately find these pairs in perfect form (SEE THE DOUBLE STICHING IN THE VAMP) :

(This^ Pair from SFreaker website)

... compared to these pairs that were released from legitimate retailers as well:

Both of these pairs are supposedly legitimate but they are not consistent.
Again - SEE THE DOUBLE STICHING IN THE VAMP on the 1st set and peep the N logo stitching and the vamp stitching on the 2nd set...
Had these really thought out explanation on why the single stitch pairs are reps but there's a multiple single pairs which look perfect and some are stock photos for large websites...

I have no clue whats up with the variation lol

and I am completely serious about the Mobys, I't may be a collab with CDG but they didn't do anything. It's a completely grey upper with very little navy blue hits for no reason. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, i'd much rather have the Moby's if I'm being completely honest

Had these really thought out explanation on why the single stitch pairs are reps but there's a multiple single pairs which look perfect and some are stock photos for large websites...
I have no clue whats up with the variation lol

and I am completely serious about the Mobys, I't may be a collab with CDG but they didn't do anything. It's a completely grey upper with very little navy blue hits for no reason. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, i'd much rather have the Moby's if I'm being completely honest

Cliche as it is but for me, sometimes 'LESS is MORE'. And just check that material :smokin :smokin

A clean CW no doubt but in top 5? 

and grey just don't flow with my chi lol, I can only take so much of it 
laugh.gif

Agreed. @fo****zles  I know you weren't pushing me too, I just couldn't imagine those in top 5. Fantastic shots on your Tumblr by the way

I need these desperately anyone with a pair? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom