Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

how does the 1500 model fit ? it looks kind of long like a 998 model

Depends on if it's UK or China made. China made 1500s run bigger than UK pairs IMO. I'd stay TTS in UK 1500s. I bought a pair a half size down and literally had to use a shoe stretcher on the them because the width was so narrow. I have a normal width foot so be careful if your foot is even remotely wide and you size down at all.

To me the Asian-made pairs fit a bit tighter - so I go TTS on those. My foot is on the narrow side side, so 1/2 size down on the UK pairs is a perfect fit for me, but I could definitely see where that would be a problem for wider feet.

Last edited:
depending on the color blocking and choices custom 990's could be fire... Just a shame i cannot get them from NB in the UK, still they will probably be charging big money for these....

The price

I wanted to swap to black laces for the winter on mine. This furthered my point. Good look. 

Question for you or whomever, what replacement laces would work length wise for the 1400? Newbalance.com has the 990/993 flat black laces. 

Last edited:
copped the new balance x west nyc mt580 for about 240usd...very veery happy!! just hoping i got the right size lol :tongue:

anyway, does anyone know if tassie devil 998s fit larger than the regular 998s? asking because i think i ve seen saying they run huge!

thanks!

Last edited:
I wanted to swap to black laces for the winter on mine. This furthered my point. Good look. 

Question for you or whomever, what replacement laces would work length wise for the 1400? Newbalance.com has the 990/993 flat black laces. 

I got a size 9.5 and 45" laces. Perfect.

Isn't retail on the 990 $190? I don't think the price point is too bad based off that.
Exactly what I was thinking, granted they did drop price at some locations, retail was up there for these. I'm going to make a pair for sure, they will last forever. When you consider the investment in dollars a day, it's well worth it.

are pebbles blues done? they're not up on jcrew.com anymore, just the dark military. looks like its the end of a mini era...

Back
Top Bottom