Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I noticed this too, and I was actually gonna order a size 13 this morning :/ 
Or you could just call jcrew customer service.

are pebbles blues done? they're not up on jcrew.com anymore, just the dark military. looks like its the end of a mini era...

I noticed this too, and I was actually gonna order a size 13 this morning :/ 
Oh man, I got mine just in time. They'll be back, or will they??? 

just talked to customer service and they are completely sold out after being on final sale (missed that one!). guess the 996 taupe/gold is the new new

just talked to customer service and they are completely sold out after being on final sale (missed that one!). guess the 996 taupe/gold is the new new
Wait they were on sale?? ****, I can't believe I missed that. 
mad.gif

its insane cause it was just being discussed here a couple pages back about it never going on sale. somehow we all completely missed it!

does that mean this thread is going to implode? seems like that was one of the most coveted colorways in all of niketalkdom. they were literally never dissed by anyone

I checked for both the pebble blues and the blue JC1 and they had pretty much most sizes.  Especially the JC1, which I was going to buy, and am now super bummed they are gone.

And I think I am the only person on Niketalk who is not a fan of the pebble blues. 

Last edited:
Interesting, it seems like you're right about the lack of leather option now, but they brought back the synthetic option for the N logo, and added more colours for it and for the suede options as well. And this price for the 990 isn't all that surprising at 220, about what I expected. I guess I can assume it'll be 240 in Canada when it launches 
sick.gif

I've been on the hunt for a pair of J. Crew 1400 Rustic Orange's in 10.5 for a while now. Does anyone have an idea on how the quality is on the M670's right below? The J. Crews are in the bottom photo. I need an alternative. Will there be a huge dropoff in quality if I settle for the M670's? Peace.

they also seem to have taken out the save design option, maybe NB plans to rotate the different color/material option to create more demand.

There's no way pebble blues are sold out. I recently purchased a pair, and even still always checked each day to see if any J Crew NB went on sale and not a single one.

I would be highly surprised if they don't put them back up.

Walter..

Perhaps they're updating their 998 list to add the "Concrete Jungle" 998's on their page.

I remember the blue/orange 996 was taken down before they added the new beige 996.

I say don't panick and be patient, I believe it's the same as the 996's, they'll be back on.

Walter.,

Last edited:
I talked to a customer support rep on Twitter, and they said the shoes would be back up soon and if I wanted I could pre-order them over the phone. No need to panic folks!!
 Perhaps they're updating their 998 list to add the "Concrete Jungle" 998's on their page.

I remember the blue/orange 996 was taken down before they added the new beige 996.

I say don't panick and be patient, I believe it's the same as the 996's and they'll be back on.

Walter.,
I agree with you Walter, I'm hoping they update soon so I can grab them both at the same time! 

I talked to a customer support rep on Twitter, and they said the shoes would be back up soon and if I wanted I could pre-order them over the phone. No need to panic folks!!

I agree with you Walter, I'm hoping they update soon so I can grab them both at the same time! 

Fantastic!!

Definitely get the Pebble Blues, pictures DO NOT do them any justice. They look good in pics, and even better in person.

For the concrete jungles, I want to see pictures of the released sneaker. I'm sure they'll be nice, as J Crew has yet to drop a bad CW, but I want pictures of the real thing, same with the beige 996's.

Walter..

Last edited:
Jcrew 998 pebble blue are currently available for phone order only, taken down from website, will be back up on August 25th (monday) and full priced (160$), never went on sale when they were taken down.

Last edited:
I have been holding back on saying anything bad about New Balance.  I have been wearing their shoes since my Dad bought me a pair way way back when, and I have over a 100 pairs of New Balance runners now, but I have to say, they have gone completely off the rails in terms of their price points for some of their recent releases.  The 997 at 260.00 was ridiculous, then the 996 at 249.00 was insane, then they release this new 1300 for 249.99.  Who do they think they are trying to appeal to? I can understand costs changes, I can understand increases in material costs, but the prices they are putting up for even the recent 574 models have completely turned me off to their shoes.  I think the last pair I bought from them was the Navy 997 at 200.00 and I thought that was a little high.  Quite frankly, crossing that 200.00 threshold was a bad move. I can't justify these prices for their shoes anymore.  Especially the US made models they have been shoving at us lately.......

I think the saddest part is, however, that people are still going to pay these prices for their shoes.  And that sucks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom