Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

arablincoln doing them justice

great shots of each. Some of the best pics I've seen of the capsules and those authors series are ******* fire.

dont sleep on the distinct authors pack... the 997pr and the 996pr are so dope. especially the 996 - the quality i would say surpasses the c-notes.. i love telling them jordan and nike heads - that the NB suede soo soft.

dont sleep on the distinct authors pack... the 997pr and the 996pr are so dope. especially the 996 - the quality i would say surpasses the c-notes.. i love telling them jordan and nike heads - that the NB suede soo soft.
Alot of people sleeping on the 997 and 996 because of price. Im about to double up on the 997pr plus I need a half sz down for a more snug fit. Id love to triple up so I can use the first pair as shoes that sit by the door. Theyre black they go with everything...lol

Alot of people sleeping on the 997 and 996 because of price. Im about to double up on the 997pr plus I need a half sz down for a more snug fit. Id love to triple up so I can use the first pair as shoes that sit by the door. Theyre black they go with everything...lol
I'll admit this is my hesitation, I'm in love with both of them but the price just exceeds my budget a little too much. I don't think the price is exorbitantly high like a lot of other people feel, considering the quality of the materials used on these and the construction. 

for sure the 997PR is an amazing CW.  but never paid over 200 for sneakers.  i've only recently hit that 200 mark, ordering 997 in navy. 

also a few IRL pictures of the 997PR tongue looked off.  can we get some honest pictures of the tongue?

for sure the 997PR is an amazing CW.  but never paid over 200 for sneakers.  i've only recently hit that 200 mark, ordering 997 in navy. 

also a few IRL pictures of the 997PR tongue looked off.  can we get some honest pictures of the tongue?
leather on this does not reflect the 260$ price, saw them in person @ needsupply and  extremely disappointed, suede is great but not impressed

I'll admit this is my hesitation, I'm in love with both of them but the price just exceeds my budget a little too much. I don't think the price is exorbitantly high like a lot of other people feel, considering the quality of the materials used on these and the construction.
Oh I understand... Im not rich and I even hesitated to buy them. I left the store came back and tried them on and fell in love. lol. And I settled for a 10 since no 9.5. now im going to get a half sz down in a few days. And retail here is $300 plus 13% tax CAD. Its how much i loved the shoes that made me buy...

Last edited:
YESSS found my local place have the capsule 580s and they put my size on hold, picking up after work.

Quci question tho to those who got them, I always go down 1/2 size on NBs and rarely go with my true size but that is all they had left unfortunately. Would I be ok with my regular size or am I screwed?

YESSS found my local place have the capsule 580s and they put my size on hold, picking up after work.

Quci question tho to those who got them, I always go down 1/2 size on NBs and rarely go with my true size but that is all they had left unfortunately. Would I be ok with my regular size or am I screwed?
thick socks/extra insole will help if they feel too big.

Page 301 in this thread, there's a survey on each model.  Apparently, 40% says model 580 is TTS and 50% says 0.5 too big, 10% says 0.5 too small.  So it's best that you try them out.  

thick socks/extra insole will help if they feel too big.

Page 301 in this thread, there's a survey on each model.  Apparently, 40% says model 580 is TTS and 50% says 0.5 too big, 10% says 0.5 too small.  So it's best that you try them out.  
yea Im going to try them out before i get them, I just don't want to miss out on this pair. They where executed very well and that white midsole is killer. 

is it me or does NB not like producing 8.5 or 9? hahaha I seriously feel that way.

anways these look like a nice holiday'ish shoe

Last edited:
is it me or does NB not like producing 8.5 or 9? hahaha I seriously feel that way.
It's more like, those sizes are fairly common compared to smaller or larger sizes, so they sell out the quickest. Size 8-11 always goes before <7 and 12-13. 

Concepts has NB x capsules up for those trying to cop.  I'm trying to double up but can't add to cart.

Get 1/2 size bigger. 996 will run smaller than the 998s
I have noticed that sizes 8-10 usually sell out much faster than the larger sizes. Me being a size 11, being patient usually pays off. Bu
Hey guys, I'm interested in the JCrew 996s, and I'm a size 13. How do they fit, do you think it would be possible to squeeze? For comparison, my feet fit perfectly in a 998, and there's maybe a little room in 577s and 740s for me. 

Honestly I was hesitant at first because of the price. But once I had them in hand, they wowed me.

Back
Top Bottom