Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

What's the most comfy Usa/Euro made NB? I'm trying to narrow down my next pickup. Already have a pair of 997HLs and 998ROs and the elite edition 999s (wanted) and 1600 barbershops.

Last edited:
So I ordered NB/Cncpts Regattas from undftd during their Black Friday sale. They were supposed to be delivered Friday. I tracked package yesterday and the last update was from Tuesday, still in Cali (I'm in MA). So I contacted UPS and they told me to file a lost package claim, which I did. They are now searching for the package. I also emailed Undefeated and explained the situation. Any one have this happen before? I'm just interested to hear what will happen if they can't locate the package. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
So I ordered NB/Cncpts Regattas from undftd during their Black Friday sale. They were supposed to be delivered Friday. I tracked package yesterday and the last update was from Tuesday, still in Cali (I'm in MA). So I contacted UPS and they told me to file a lost package claim, which I did. They are now searching for the package. I also emailed Undefeated and explained the situation. Any one have this happen before? I'm just interested to hear what will happen if they can't locate the package. Thanks guys.
If they can't find your package, hopefully they at least reimburse you the cost. That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that 
mean.gif

yea i agree with you guys.. not sure why, but the gray laces seems to tie the whole shoe together better. 

the only other pair i need from j crew is that navy 998.  it's underrated, so i've been patiently waiting for a code or discount. 
nerd.gif

Thinking of ordering a first pair of 998's

How do these fit, I usually wear an 8 in Nike Flyknits and other runners.

Stick with 8 or go down .5

Thanks

Thinking of ordering a first pair of 998's

How do these fit, I usually wear an 8 in Nike Flyknits and other runners.

Stick with 8 or go down .5

Thanks
grab the 8 if you want a shoe that fits but has some wiggle room.  if you dont like the wiggle room you can rock them with thicker socks.  go .5 down if you like the perfect snug fit.  depending on how wide your feet are it could be even more snug.  

Listen, to whoever copped the 1500 from the Gentleman's pack on eBay for $150 shipped, I hate you.

Thanks, it's so confusing ha. A few people have told me to stick to my UK size and others have told me to stick to the US and EU sizing which if I did that then my UK sizing would be an 8
check out the link in my sig, good sizing chart there but it is only for comparing the size differences between other models but not brands.

I am a TTS 10.5 in NB

but I wear a 9.5 in dress shoes :tongue:

But this is how I see it

Old NB:

- Size down half a size, maybe full

myself as ex. I'd go with a 10

New NB:

- size half up

myself as ex. I'd go with an 11

asian made 998

(tassie as example)

they run big and the wide toebox makes it even seem bigger

- I have a size 10 and I am a tts 10.5 in most NBs

- size .5 down (I go with the 10 in that model)

- tts or maybe half up

- depends, the reissue gnr is really snug on me but most of my 998s are 10.5 and I'm happy, cnotes are somewhat snug too, probably materials

- you can size half down

1300 and 1400

- sizing is essentially the same

I have pairs in 10.5 but I could pull a 10

- tts or if old nb, you can go under 0.5

- same sizing as 998, more narrow toebox but not enough to go up a size

- don't own any but i heard it is recommended to go down 0.5

- i have 10.5 pairs but you can go down 0.5, the wide toebox helps

uhh I just rambled some sizing, the chart might save different as that was an average from many users, feel free to message or comment and I can try to help

I have a narrow foot but I like toebox room so this is my opinion

do people never try on shoes now? id suggest trying on a model you like in the store then search for your fav colorway

do people never try on shoes now? id suggest trying on a model you like in the store then search for your fav colorway

the problem is that a lot of these NBs that we want, are not available in store, so its not that easy to just try them on. i know in the DMV that there are only a couple spots to try on NBs and its not like they have all the models either.

the problem is that a lot of these NBs that we want, are not available in store, so its not that easy to just try them on. i know in the DMV that there are only a couple spots to try on NBs and its not like they have all the models either.
theres plenty of 1500s, 577s, 998s, 997s, 999s, etc etc in the stores, people can just go try em on. may not be the colorway theyre after but at least they can see for themselves how each model they personally like fits 

In defense of the sizing questions, alot of runners NB, Saucony or Asics are simply not at your local mall. I live in Jordan Brand Nike sportswear suburban Hell. I've never seen a 997 or 998 just chillin on the shelf at footlocker. I went to the new Villa this weekend in my area and the best they had was the 574. Alot of specialty shops like Ubiq where these might be are a good 45 minutes to an hour from me. So I rely on some help here for sizing. That being said I try to use the search and the very helpful sizing survey.

Back
Top Bottom