Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These are a couple that I'm contemplating over 

Oyster and Nimbus cloud colors are what is scaring me, I can't tell what they actually look like in pics. And when I select the Nimbus option it looks dark grey fml

Question on 998 sizing - The yellow line above is where my big toe ends. In terms of width, the shoe hugs firmly but comfortably. I was feeling a tiny amount of heel slippage (thus, the silly lace lock) but I'm wondering, would going down half a size be too small and would this help? How much does width change between half sizes, because I don't think I want to go any narrower.

My 997s in the same size fit significantly more snug all around, which is interesting. Definitely wouldn't size down on those at all. 

Question on 998 sizing - The yellow line above is where my big toe ends. In terms of width, the shoe hugs firmly but comfortably. I was feeling a tiny amount of heel slippage (thus, the silly lace lock) but I'm wondering, would going down half a size be too small and would this help? How much does width change between half sizes, because I don't think I want to go any narrower.

My 997s in the same size fit significantly more snug all around, which is interesting. Definitely wouldn't size down on those at all. 
Personally I like a tiny bit of room in the toe like you have. I notice I can wear a 10.5/11 in 998, while 11 is a little too big, I can deal. However, if I try a 10, they are too small to wear.

My advice would be to stick with that size and fix your laces. I used to use only one of the top plastic lace holes but now use 2 of the 3 and find I like the fit and visual aesthetic much, much more.

Could always try to slide an extra insole in there too, that might help

By the looks of it, it depends on how you like to wear your sneakers ... I get away with a 9.5 or 10 in both 997 and 998 but I don't lace mine up to the plastic speed lace lock, I go 1 hole below that and loosen my shoes up but I still wear them tied... If you want to wear the sneakers a lil looser than what you have pictured here you could get away with going a half size down and still be comfortable.

Wait a minute... so do the 998 and 997 fit the same or different? I have two pairs of 997 a half size down but don't have a pair of 998 yet.

Everyone's. Foot. Is. Different. 
mad.gif

Still talking about sizing?

Last edited:

I ordered friday as well. I have no issue with waiting for the shoes to be made. My problem is i never even got a order confirmation (which is automated) and its been 4 days. As it was an expensive order Im concerned about that. Did anyone else that ordered get a order confirmation? 
I ordered a pair sunday night and as soon as i clicked submit order, I received a confirmation email showing name, shipping the shoe etc

looking forward to all the customs in hand pics. would like to see better shots of the true color for reference before pulling the trigger.

I ordered a pair sunday night and as soon as i clicked submit order, I received a confirmation email showing name, shipping the shoe etc
So had a chance at work to give NB a call and everything is good to go. They rep told me my shoes have already been manufactured and are being transfered to the shipping department. Whooooop!

So, bottom line, if any of you place a custom order and never receive a order confirmation you are still most likely good to go.

NBs turn around time is amazing! 

Same here. Never received a confirmation email after ordering but I just gave them a call and they sent me a new email and told me they should ship hopefully by the end of the day. 

If that's true then that's amazing. Ordered sat night and they're already made and ready to ship 
eek.gif

M997DCS. Such a beautiful shoe. There's a seller who has sizes 7-9.5 on ebay for ~ $190 shipped. Seller name acec201283

M997DCS. Such a beautiful shoe. There's a seller who has sizes 7-9.5 on ebay for ~ $190 shipped. Seller name acec201283
Sorry if these have been posted, but its the first time im seeing them. Super sick
smokin.gif
IMG_7648.jpg

I think these are the same ones on RISE45.com .. "Dusty Olive"

J. crew has some 996's and the navy 998 on sale. Down to $119 and extra 30% using code SHOPSALE. Good sizes.

Back
Top Bottom