Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Question for those of you that use the tongue loop on your 998s: Are the laces meant to go all the way through the tongue loop before crossing over (laces are visible on the inside tongue) or are you only meant to run the laces through the top suede layer of the tongue loop (laces not visible on inside tongue) ? 
I don't go all the way through the tongue, I just go under the top suede layer.

DOLs for ~$170 shipped or Flying the Flag 1500s for ~$140 shipped? 
I have a pair of DOL's and it's my favorite pair of shoes. And that's out of 20 pairs (not nearly as many as everyone here) :smile:. I don't like the 1500 model, personally. I just don't like how the "N" logo looks.

Side note, anybody know what time j.crew updates their website? Can't get a straight answer from a Google search. Seems like its sometimes 12:01a, 4:00a, or 10a all est.
I remember staying up for the Concrete Jungle release, and they were available on J Crew's mobile site before the desktop site. And this was around midnight or so, I think I bought them at 12:14? 

DOLs for ~$170 shipped or Flying the Flag 1500s for ~$140 shipped? 
I had a chance to pick up both and I ended up with the DOL.  The 1500 shape is kind of odd but I do like the color and the union jack hits.  I think the DOL colorway is more wearable.

I had a chance to pick up both and I ended up with the DOL.  The 1500 shape is kind of odd but I do like the color and the union jack hits.  I think the DOL colorway is more wearable.

I have a pair of DOL's and it's my favorite pair of shoes. And that's out of 20 pairs (not nearly as many as everyone here) :smile:. I don't like the 1500 model, personally. I just don't like how the "N" logo looks.
I ended up just searching both hastags on instagram and liked the DOL on foot better. The 1500 didn't look vibrant, and the shape looked bad on foot. Thanks for the insight y'all. 

Still nothing heard out from NB about my custom order.

More than a week now and kinda disappointed tbh.

I ordered my customs last Sat and after seeing that people had already received their pairs I went to my account and discovered that the order still said "pending". I emailed CS and they replied back the same day (on Friday) and said that my shoes were currently being made and would ship out on Monday. I hope to have them by Fri and will post pics.

GY FSR on groovy.  with CAD to USD, the total came out to a little over 180. 
pimp.gif

do you think new balance will offer more custom ability  with the 998? hate that i cant change the color of the sole. and when you choose the speckled sole the plastic pieces above it are black. also wish there were more perferrated colors.

has anyone seen the color NIMBUS CLOUD in person? 

The tip of the outsole on my CELs came loose from the tip of the toebox. Does anyone have recommendations on glue? I think i remember e6000 mentioned a while back. Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom