Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Okay guys I could use some reassurance here.  Im guessing most people size down for 998's.

here are sizes I wear for reference.

580 - size 10
990v3 - 9.5.

should I get 9.5 in the 998?
Wear a 8.5-9 in Jordan & nike but got an 8.5 in the 998 I'm please with them . It's perfect not too tight .

Got my HTB 998 from Jcrew today , I'm pleased with them . Thanks again for whoever posted that coupon code . Might have to leave Jordan's & Nikes (racers ) for a while .

Got my HTB 998 from Jcrew today , I'm pleased with them . Thanks again for whoever posted that coupon code . Might have to leave Jordan's & Nikes (racers ) for a while .
Got you fam. Glad you enjoy them, got mine in today as well and couldn't be more satisfied. 
smokin.gif

^ Those look great. Gotta keep an eye on them and wait for them to be deeply discounted. $240 is kind of ridiculous. 

Last edited:
I know sizing questions get old after a while, but I only own 998s and I was wondering if 997s fit the same. Any help would be much appreciated NT fam!

I know sizing questions get old after a while, but I only own 998s and I was wondering if 997s fit the same. Any help would be much appreciated NT fam!
same length. 997s run narrower tho. I go same size in both but i dont have wide feet. wide feet size up on 997

Last edited:

same length. 997s run narrower tho. I go same size in both but i dont have wide feet. wide feet size up on 997
Completely agree, 997s are a lot more narrow closer you get to the toe box. would deifnitely reccommend sizing up .5 in the 997s

Seems like every time I buy a new shoe, there's a flaw. Does anyone know how to fix this? The small area above the N doesn't even feel like suede, and in person it looks like it's fading to a white color.

Last edited:
Seems like every time I buy a new shoe, there's a flaw. Does anyone know how to fix this? The small area above the N doesn't even feel like suede, and in person it looks like it's fading to a white color.

Looks like a glue stain that they tried to wipe off. Suede eraser is your only hope imo. But even that doesnt always work...

Ive had decent luck with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiwi-Suede-...174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a530f0ad6

Erasers tend to work the best on light soiling of suede and they dont risk damaging the suede like a liquid cleaner. Glue is tough to handle with anything. 

Last edited:
Looks like a glue stain that they tried to wipe off. Suede eraser is your only hope imo. But even that doesnt always work...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiwi-Suede-and-Nubuck-Stain-Eraser-Bar-/181782121174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a530f0ad6

Erasers tend to work the best on light soiling of suede and they dont risk damaging the suede like a liquid cleaner. Glue is tough to handle with anything. 
[/quo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiwi-Suede-and-Nubuck-Stain-Eraser-Bar-/181782121174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a530f0ad6

Repped! I'll have to try that eraser. I usually don't care about small imperfections but this thing sticks out big time.

Any coupons still floating around for the HTBs ? Don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to pay retail.
You might be able to call in the order and ask to apply the college student discount. That worked for me a couple weeks ago.

I'm not a big QC zealot, but if I got a pair like that i would send them back... Never done it but those would be the first.

That said, just used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the first (and definitely not last) time on several suede pairs and had some awesome results. It should be like 1.99 for 2 erasers at the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom