Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Recent wear... these are  
smokin.gif

..and recent pick-ups. Since I'm not into 998's all that much...
any info on the black red and grey pair. kinda reminds me of the solebox 1500's.  and those mint's.. are these customs?

Last edited:
He does still has it, for one reason or another. Heel support on left hand is scratched to bits though.

Now considering between this or the 990GRY. About sizing, I think we agree the consensus is sizing down .5 from Nike sizing for 9xx models am I right. I'm an 8.5 in UK 577's, so hoping it'd be the same case with the 9xx's.

Anyone owns both can comment on comfort for both models? Thinking of walking long distances with these and the 997 does look plusher. 9 years of technology plusher.

I have flat feet, but I don't think I could walk long distance in 997s. The midsole is pretty stiff. Dunno about 990s though. The midsole is slimmer, but the midsole looks more forgiving.

He does still has it, for one reason or another. Heel support on left hand is scratched to bits though.

Now considering between this or the 990GRY. About sizing, I think we agree the consensus is sizing down .5 from Nike sizing for 9xx models am I right. I'm an 8.5 in UK 577's, so hoping it'd be the same case with the 9xx's.

Anyone owns both can comment on comfort for both models? Thinking of walking long distances with these and the 997 does look plusher. 9 years of technology plusher.

If you intend to walk a lot, go with a 998. 997 is too bulky and the 990 won't be comfortable after a while, IMO.

If you intend to walk a lot, go with a 998. 997 is too bulky and the 990 won't be comfortable after a while, IMO.

Never thought I'd hear of a 997 being bulky lol. Unless you meant the midsole being too thick/high for walking a lot

Never thought I'd hear of a 997 being bulky lol. Unless you meant the midsole being too thick/high for walking a lot
no he's right. the 997 can be bulky.  the 998 is pretty light weight, i like walking in the 999 as well.   to me i look at the 999 like an all-terrain shoe.  the 574 is also great for walking alot.

no he's right. the 997 can be bulky.  the 998 is pretty light weight, i like walking in the 999 as well.   to me i look at the 999 like an all-terrain shoe.  the 574 is also great for walking alot.
Okay so it it about the midsole, which also carries all the weight. In that sense, I agree. It's just that when I think of bulky, I'm thinking along the lines of a jordan 8. Something mid-high top and decently wide.

Hey guys. Recently received a pair of M997's and after noticing a minor crease, which I believe to be common in these shoes, I found that the right shoe does not sit evenly on a flat surface.

I recorded a video and took some shots to share, in order to get your opinions. In the past I had PayPal disputes opened due to similar issues on a pair of Jordan 1's I sold, so I need to be sure if it is worth to return the product.

video:

left shoe:

right shoe:

It's easy to notice some differences on the black rubber. Although, I searched for other models and the pictures look consistent with pattern on the right shoe, i.e.:

I'll appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Thanks all for the enlightening info, repped!

I've only recently got into the 9xx series, and it should only be fitting that the 990 is the first I get I think. As for the 998, that would be my next stop. Got to love the shark snout look of it. 997's on the other hand are very 80's tech, sleek in a Tron kind of way.

Last edited:
You lucky mofo!
Been waiting for these to come out and heard they were due sometime this summer
Any word of a release? How's the quality on them?

Edit:
Sooo renengineered 1500s are already on NB.com?? But not these awesome sample ones
http://www.newbalance.com/pd/1500-deconstructed/MD1500-LS.html#color=Ocean Depths_with_Beige&width=D
Quality and shape are nice. It's like a weird light rubbery material. I would say tts also because I'm a sz 9 and these are a drop big on me. Says FantomFit on the toe which is pretty cool but I don't know what that means. They're also leather lined

Last edited:
I don't think so, it looks more of like a heather terry knit material.
Yup, leather lined! And they're a really deep blue. 
Sick! They look reall good
Quality and shape are nice. It's like a weird light rubbery material. I would say tts also because I'm a sz 9 and these are a drop big on me. Says FantomFit on the toe which is pretty cool but I don't know what that means. They're also leather lined
Sweet! Just scooped them!
EDIT: @Remy
, glad you noticed and got your pair! 
Thanks dude, just found it after I posted and did a little searching

Back
Top Bottom