Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

changing topics... who is ever going to use that highlighter sole.  now we know NB can do moe than one colors but they just chose the worst possible ones.

and change the color blocking option of that mesh collar NB!!!
They cant give us all they good options cause it would put the GRs out of business. Id love to have unlimited customizable control but they would never do that. 

oxblood perf toe would have been
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
money saved i guess
oxblood mesh toe will still be killer! 

Really wish they had given us a little more notice about taking the summer colors down. I knew they were taking the perforated suedes down but, was still hoping to be able to use those old options.

@meniac

So here are couple quick shots I took of the deconstructed 1500. 

The leather tongue is extremely thin. Just a single piece of leather. No puff added.

Also, they are extremely light and the ankle collar is padded nicely which makes them quite comfortable. 

But that topdown view... idk. Might be the white outsole that wraps around the front that makes them look so square,

Probably going to return them though.

Finally got in my first pair of 997s. NB is out doing themselves. I copped the Wolf Grey pair for $160 to replace my all grey 1600s. Amazing quality and craftsmanship. So much so that I had to go score these boys for that low low price of $110 shipped.

Last edited:
Really wish they would have given us a heads up on heads up on taking down so many colors, soles, and options otherthank perf toebox.

All I can do is pray they bring back the old options to make an order. :frown:

Couple picks of a custom I did awhile back just to share.... This was my favorite era of colors offered by new balance by far. Really miss the houndawg and plum and a lot of the other colors offered at the time.... I'll def make a new custom with the colors now and prob finally do a 998. I've been able to do at least one custom regardless of the options but I did 5 when these Colors were around.... Just waiting to find the right inspiration for my 998 one.

Yea it is. I like the addition of navy. I'll play around a little more. But I like it. Kinda pebble blue ish.

@meniac

So here are couple quick shots I took of the deconstructed 1500. 
The leather tongue is extremely thin. Just a single piece of leather. No puff added.
Also, they are extremely light and the ankle collar is padded nicely which makes them quite comfortable. 
But that topdown view... idk. Might be the white outsole that wraps around the front that makes them look so square,
Probably going to return them though.

Thanks for the pics fam. Repped.

The can see what you mean about the toe box, but it doesn't look that bad to me... the thin leather tongue does though - glad you pointed that out! I'm now on the fence about them...

Thanks for the pics fam. Repped.

The can see what you mean about the toe box, but it doesn't look that bad to me... the thin leather tongue does though - glad you pointed that out! I'm now on the fence about them...
Yeah the tongue is kinda weird. 

After looking at them so much I'm def sending them back tomorrow haha

You could always get them from nb.com and just return them for free if you don't like them. 

Yup, gonna need an oxblood and combat 998.

Just waiting for another coupon code to come along.

oxblood mesh toe will still be killer! 
they look good in that mock up, but im just not a fan of mesh
I just got my perforated suede 998's in the mail and while I do think the perf looks better as a whole on the 998 the mesh is def more roomy and comfortable, I'm hoping it stretches some without creating a weird spot where my big toe pokes the front but I def could of gone up to my normal size 13 instead of my usual 998 size(12). Just glad that there weren't any major flaws with the pair besides a little glue residue where the front toe suede connects with the sole but nothing worth complaining about to try and get a new pair since nothings perfect when its handmade. I really hope that Oxblood stays up for at least another month so I can try and cop a mesh pair, seems the best colors run out faster now that people are actually interested in NB Customs lol. 

Back
Top Bottom