Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Maybe NB just doesn't really like ronron. 

Thats why they give him the not so great models to work on.

Who collabs on an 850?

NB does have a skate team. 

I feel like skating in 998s would mean lots of broken/rolled ankles though.
Asian made models take a lot less time to go from idea to production.  USA NBs take a lot longer.  I was at St. Alfred last summer and they said it takes forever (apparently they have one in the works). So that could be why they go with Asian-made models.

Thanks for the help guys.

@zavir  So the top should be flatter, the "ENCAP" and "997" should meet up, but what am I looking for on the bottom there? 
Oh, well on the fake pair that I had compared to the legit pair it was obvious how the different elements of the sole were put together, just crappy glue job if you looked close enough. I got legit pairs of both the rose and luxury with concepts boxes and it is was so apparent the differences, but if you do not have a reference it is easy to overlook some stuff. I will say I think the fake rose pair was sent in a real box though, I couldn't see any differences at all BUT the luxury box was all wrong across the board in size and marking/labeling. Also another thing both fake pairs (by two different sellers) had plain grey laces with no 3M stitching.

Some other points to look at for both pairs is the sockliner is very cheap and thin, barely was stitched on both pairs. And the insoles were off on both BUT especially on the luxury pair it was very noticeable now that I know the difference. AND overall feel is off, very stiff and that includes the outsole too, just felt off.

But yea your pair there looks good to me bro!

Wondering what the premier collab will look like. 

US 998 not a bad place to start though.

Also how did premier get a US made 998 collab before Ronnie?
I'm gonna guess it's something with black and gold, considering the pictures they've released so far. 

I bet Ronnie got the go ahead to start on one before them, but he does so many collabs that his 998 is pushed way down the line for his releases, whereas Premier can probably design it, and then finalize it's production, not having to wait for a Puma, Asics, etc. collab to release before. 

Oh, well on the fake pair that I had compared to the legit pair it was obvious how the different elements of the sole were put together, just crappy glue job if you looked close enough. I got legit pairs of both the rose and luxury with concepts boxes and it is was so apparent the differences, but if you do not have a reference it is easy to overlook some stuff. I will say I think the fake rose pair was sent in a real box though, I couldn't see any differences at all BUT the luxury box was all wrong across the board in size and marking/labeling. Also another thing both fake pairs (by two different sellers) had plain grey laces with no 3M stitching.

Some other points to look at for both pairs is the sockliner is very cheap and thin, barely was stitched on both pairs. And the insoles were off on both BUT especially on the luxury pair it was very noticeable now that I know the difference. AND overall feel is off, very stiff and that includes the outsole too, just felt off.

But yea your pair there looks good to me bro!
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Asian made models take a lot less time to go from idea to production.  USA NBs take a lot longer.  I was at St. Alfred last summer and they said it takes forever (apparently they have one in the works). So that could be why they go with Asian-made models.
I do remember a while back someone explaining the collab processing (Stunnaman I think?). They said that there is like a 1.5-2 year waiting list for US made collabs where as asian made collabs have a very short waiting list if any at all. I just find it interesting that Premier has managed to score a us made collab before Ronnie who has worked with NB numerous times.

I'm gonna guess it's something with black and gold, considering the pictures they've released so far. 

I bet Ronnie got the go ahead to start on one before them, but he does so many collabs that his 998 is pushed way down the line for his releases, whereas Premier can probably design it, and then finalize it's production, not having to wait for a Puma, Asics, etc. collab to release before. 
Yeah im thinking black and gold as well. Excited to see some pics of them.

And the fact that ronnie does a lot of collabs could be the reason. Never thought of that really.

Black saddle with wheat toe or heel wrap?

YES!!!! We all love this....getting a package delivered and it sitting right on my door step (no real issue there) BUT it is completely the actual shoe box tapped closed.

BUT there's more!! He was so nice that he wrapped the shoes though to protect them form the elements of coming form Washington State to VA. Thanks bro.....

Last edited:

YES!!!! We all love this....getting a package delivered and it sitting right on my door step (no real issue there) BUT it is completely the actual shoe box tapped closed.

BUT there's more!! He was so nice that he wrapped the shoes though to protect them form the elements of coming form Washington State to VA. Thanks bro.....
I hope those are from eBay...that is crazy. 

mean.gif

BUT there's more!! He was so nice that he wrapped the shoes though to protect them form the elements of coming form Washington State to VA. Thanks bro...
Thats horrible. lmao some people are just stupid. 

Saw the "Real Ale" pack on complex. The maroon 1500s are smooth imo. 

wtf is this???? 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 please blast whoever this is  

wtf is this???? 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 please blast whoever this is  
Name is FindFizy on ebay...pretty much all he/they sell are NBs....so keep your head on a swivel. Talking about double boxing cost extra well dang at a minimum wrap in brown paper or something. You cannot be that cheap...its not even possible.

Name is FindFizy on ebay...pretty much all he/they sell are NBs....so keep your head on a swivel. Talking about double boxing cost extra well dang at a minimum wrap in brown paper or something. You cannot be that cheap...its not even possible.
Weak sauce though. I also ask about double boxing when I go through ebay.

Lucky someone didn't just lift it knowing what it was.

How much did you pay? Just picked up the CCF's for $80 last week, trying to scoop the CRG's for around $100. 

Back
Top Bottom