Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yep this is me 100%. You get to a certain age and if you're still self aware of who you are and how you look rocking some incredibly flashy Jordans as 16-year-old kids in the mall run up and point to-I'm just not that guy anymore. Yes a clean pair of Jordan 1s in all black/white colorway, or something like the Jordan 4 fear (I only buy 1s, 4s and the 6 in all black) otherwise I'm all about New Balance and some Adidas (rare).
BTW I saw those dark green J.Crew New Balance 998's and they're pretty nice in person. Same with the hilltops even though they're sold out in my size 13. I don't know but as I've gotton older i value nice subtle CWs and nice craftsmanship that don't demand attention but when people notice my sneaks they go that ************ knows a thing or two about sneakers and those are damn clean.
My focus has been on New Balance lately as well. I don't know if its maturity, or just not wanting to be a part of the Jordan/Nike never ending cycle.
It comes to a point where you think about comfort and if they are going to last you aka quality. When you see the materials that new balances use compared to nikes/Js you see why new balance is popular. Also, so many models to choose from depending on your foot. You'll see the popular 998, 997, 1500, 1300, 577 get the attention, but once you look at it more, you'll see the 1700, 990,991, 993, 1400 etc.

If any of you guys see the 997CRG for sale for less than $150 could you tell me where to look? I've been driving around the US all week and haven't been on a computer until today...

Yesterday:

new-balance-998-premier-12.jpg

Premier 998

$220... Can't wait to see Canadian retail[/quote]

Not so bad compared to the latest NB 998 that retails for 240

In for premier. Digging the cw.
Hopefully they are pretty easy to grab online.

Also wish that black midsole option was available on NB1!!

whats the difference between paying 220 on these and 210 + tax + ship on customs? whats there to complain about tbh

whats the difference between paying 220 on these and 210 + tax + ship on customs? whats there to complain about tbh
Main differences would be choosing what the shoes look like and not needing to pull the trigger immediately upon release, as I'm sure you will for these. These will also probably have a shipping cost and possibly tax, too, right?

I'm not saying it's absurd, I'll probably try to get them, just a bummer that the price is that high and (likely) won't be able to get for any less, like you can with customs or over over-priced, "luxury," style GR release.

Really liking the mid/outsole

Last edited:

Main differences would be choosing what the shoes look like and not needing to pull the trigger immediately upon release, as I'm sure you will for these. These will also probably have a shipping cost and possibly tax, too, right?

I'm not saying it's absurd, I'll probably try to get them, just a bummer that the price is that high and (likely) won't be able to get for any less, like you can with customs or over over-priced, "luxury," style GR release.

Last time I ordered from Premier, they offered free shipping...Ordered on a Saturday and arrived on Monday. Hoping that is still the case with these. 

Last edited:

na i feel you, just saying in general about the cost. with premier youre likely to pay the shipping, doubt it on the tax. i dont think i did when i bout the Mars pack

i agree, these prices are getting way too high i mean 200+ for a 998? thats crazy! first time a 998 was this expensive was i think the Tassies and everyone was like wtf 200??

sucks to see the hikes 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom