Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

These just landed.

998 "Georgia Peach"
(Designed and won these in the NB1 Design Contest on Instagram)

Not happy! Not what I expected from Mad in USA quality. Should I try to return them to the retailer, fix them myself, and or contact NB?

Last edited:
Not happy! Not what I expected from Mad in USA quality. Should I try to return them to the retailer, fix them myself, and or contact NB?
That's unacceptable, I'd contact NB Customer Care 800-595-9138 and get a new pair.

Last edited:
@SoleFreedom1013
 awesome stuff man, congrats! So they just sent you a free pair for winning? I need to start posting some designs..

Pretty much, man! It was a code that brought the price down to free. Wish I could get my hands on some more of those free codes. Yea, dude. You should submit some stuff! They extended the contest out to near the end of November now.

Pretty much, man! It was a code that brought the price down to free. Wish I could get my hands on some more of those free codes. Yea, dude. You should submit some stuff! They extended the contest out to near the end of November now.
And you can apply the code to anything?! I know what i'll be busy with at work today..

And you can apply the code to anything?! I know what i'll be busy with at work today..
I'm pretty sure the code would just work for NB1's, I highly doubt they would let you snag a pair of Bespokes or anything thats gonna cost more than the custom 998's lol. 

Well, I don't know about the code working on anything you want beside a NB1. I just made my design that won. I know you'll throw down some good ones, man!

I'm pretty sure the code would just work for NB1's, I highly doubt they would let you snag a pair of Bespokes or anything thats gonna cost more than the custom 998's lol. 
Yeah it was wishful thinking on my part. The code's just probably the value of an NB1. Still awesome though.

That's unacceptable, I'd contact NB Customer Care 800-595-9138 and get a new pair.
I did.  The rep said that since this model is not new (996GK).  The damage could have happened at the retailers warehouse, shoes that sit too long have a chance of the adhesive loosening.

Could you believe they told me that???   Pisses me off.   The retailer said I can return them, but why should I pay for shipping to get my money back?  I'd be out $14-17 bucks for a defected pair?!

Don't know if it's been answered already but will there be a broader release of the sneaker politics 999?
Yes, u believe the the first week in October. Some tier one New Balance stores will get it. Check with your local store to see when they'll get it. Or are you looking to cop online somewhere?

I did.  The rep said that since this model is not new (996GK).  The damage could have happened at the retailers warehouse, shoes that sit too long have a chance of the adhesive loosening.

Could you believe they told me that???   Pisses me off.   The retailer said I can return them, but why should I pay for shipping to get my money back?  I'd be out $14-17 bucks for a defected pair?!
I mean yeah, I can believe it. Just get the retailer to pay for shipping, as they are old and probably got them on sale from a retailer that isn't NB, I get it. If you bought the pair direct I would assume they would right the wrong. I'm not saying it's a good look by New Balance, cause it isn't, but a refund is a refund.

maybe cause all the returns/coupon codes/free **** they gave out for the NB1s has worn them thin on hooking too many people up

Back
Top Bottom