Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Maybe...fortunately I spoke with a new rep who was able to help out.  I'll be getting a coupon for the total amount I paid for the shoes.  That is all I ask for.  Not asking for coupons/promos etc.   

I mean yeah, I can believe it. Just get the retailer to pay for shipping, as they are old and probably got them on sale from a retailer that isn't NB, I get it. If you bought the pair direct I would assume they would right the wrong. I'm not saying it's a good look by New Balance, cause it isn't, but a refund is a refund.

maybe cause all the returns/coupon codes/free **** they gave out for the NB1s has worn them thin on hooking too many people up

$126 would been no question. If you don't mind me.asking, how was that possible
Every once in a while, there's a loophole of sorts on the JCrew website where their 3rd party items normally excluded from discount inexplicably aren't.  The ensuing "feast" is usually ephemeral however as JCrew tends to quickly rectify the matter by deading the code on those products, so you just have to keep your eyes peeled and strike whilst the proverbial iron is hot.

Whatever the case, last time there was a 30% off banger, I carted a pair and took a screen-shot because, due to my APO address, I couldn't order outright.  I kept getting an error saying, they couldn't ship the item to my location.  
mad.gif
  So, having ordered from JCrew US previously, I inquired with their customer service team as to why, all of a sudden, I was experiencing this roadblock.  Apparently, the recent stock listed on the site for the HTB's was actually allocation from their physical stores and they can only ship via UPS from brick-and-mortar JCrew locales.  Since delivery to my APO requires shipment by USPS carriers, I was stuck.  Mind you, the last 3-4 times one of these codes "worked", I tried to buy the HTBs which I've had my eyes set on since they initially dropped, but just didn't want to deal with the hassle of circumnavigating the BS I was encountering.  

Enter my man @fo****zles  and those ridiculous pictures he stunted of the HTB on page 1559.  After having "seent" those, I finally said, "enough is enough, I'm getting those b'z once and for all".  So...and this is no exaggeration...I literally picked up the phone at that precise moment and called JCrew customer service to explain my disdain over my (unnecessary) predicament, but mostly to see what they could do for me.  They were more than willing to accommodate me in honoring the code (for my troubles) and let me order a pair and have it sent to a friend in the states.  Typically, many e-tailers won't accept orders if your billing/shipping addresses don't match, but they did in this instance so, long story short, my pair is on the way...

Sorry for the long-winded response, but you asked.  
tongue.gif
  That's my HTB story y'all.   

Last edited:
Every once in a while, there's a loophole of sorts on the JCrew website where their 3rd party items normally excluded from discount inexplicably aren't.  The ensuing "feast" is usually ephemeral however as JCrew tends to quickly rectify the matter by deading the code on those products, so you just have to keep your eyes peeled and strike whilst the proverbial iron is hot.

Whatever the case, last time there was a 30% off banger, I carted a pair and took a screen-shot because, due to my APO address, I couldn't order outright.  I kept getting an error saying, they couldn't ship the item to my location.  >:   So, having ordered from JCrew US previously, I inquired with their customer service team as to why, all of a sudden, I was experiencing this roadblock.  Apparently, the recent stock listed on the site for the HTB's was actually allocation from their physical stores and they can only ship via UPS from brick-and-mortar JCrew locales.  Since delivery to my APO requires shipment by USPS carriers, I was stuck.  Mind you, the last 3-4 times one of these codes "worked", I tried to buy the HTBs which I've had my eyes set on since they initially dropped, but just didn't wanted to deal with the hassle of circumnavigating the BS I was encountering.  

Enter my man @fo****zles
 and those ridiculous pictures he stunted of the HTB on page 1559.  After having "seent" those, I finally said, "enough is enough, I'm getting those b'z once and for all".  So...and this is no exaggeration...I literally picked up the phone at that precise moment and called JCrew customer service to explain my disdain over my (unnecessary) predicament, but mostly to see what they could do for me.  They were more than willing to accommodate me in honoring the code (for my troubles) and let me order a pair and have it sent to a friend in the states.  Typically, many e-tailers won't accept orders if your billing/shipping addresses don't match, but they did in this instance so, long story short, my pair is on the way...

Sorry for the long-winded response, but you asked.  :tongue:   That's my HTB story y'all.   

Nice! Happy you got em. Sounds like jcrew c/s is pretty good. Hope to see them pics when you finally get em.

I've been itching to pull the trigger even at retail price but have had to hold back. The minute I get a discount and still available I'm buying no question.

Where did these come from?! I've never seen this colorway. I'm wondering if this is an error on Concepts' part?...

Where did these come from?! I've never seen this colorway. I'm wondering if this is an error on Concepts' part?...
It's odd. I can't seem to find anything on them. I know I added them to my list of pickups when I saw them on some blog, but I can't remember where. I know they are relatively new, so I was surprised to see them for that price already. Fortunately, Concepts shipped my order minutes after I placed it. 
happy.gif

M998CSAL - Part of that Ski pack with the red/white/blue 997, they're on ebay for ~$150 as well if that cncpts deal stops

IS 180 RETAIL FOR GRs NOW?

Last edited:
dang that's weird, that's how I had been seeing them labeled but now that I look, that definitely is not the same pair. apparently that's orange and not red as well? man, my eyes suck

Yeah. It's a different shoe altogether. Seems like they came outta' left field.

Could Someone in here cook a couple of minutes ago @ cncpts? ;-)
Was just about to check out, haha!

Politics delivered. PURE Perfection!!!!
These look better and better each time I see them. I still don't know if I'm into the paisley print tongue though. I still might cop and see if I like them enough to keep them. The colorway is almost perfect for me.

bds120 bds120 clean! Can't wait for my pair tomorrow!

A general question to anyone here, has anyone used or put on a water protector on their pairs?the case 999 will officially be my first new balance(I've had stuff I bought from the outlets + admired from a far on the higher quality releases. Lol). I know the suede they use is a higher quality so I really don't wanna ruin it. And sorry if it sounds dumb or maybe even offensive to others. I love to wear my shoes but catch 22 I'm very careful with them and clean them after every wear to preserve them. I have crep spray protect and was wondering if anyone has used that or alike products and if they'd recommend it or nah? Appreciate the input!

@bds120 clean! Can't wait for my pair tomorrow!

A general question to anyone here, has anyone used or put on a water protector on their pairs?the case 999 will officially be my first new balance(I've had stuff I bought from the outlets + admired from a far on the higher quality releases. Lol). I know the suede they use is a higher quality so I really don't wanna ruin it. And sorry if it sounds dumb or maybe even offensive to others. I love to wear my shoes but catch 22 I'm very careful with them and clean them after every wear to preserve them. I have crep spray protect and was wondering if anyone has used that or alike products and if they'd recommend it or nah? Appreciate the input!
I would recommend not to use water protector on suede shoes. Use suede eraser and don't wear them in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom