Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I actually passed on a pair of GY2s in a NB store for that same issue. One shoe was ok, other was exactly as you described with the plump toe, wrinkles, assymetry, etc. last pair in my size but it was too annoying to look down and see that glaring difference so I passed. Others have complained about the same exact problem with those. It's like they rushed them out of the factory or something.

I'd try to return/exchange them for another pair if you really had your heart set on that colorway, otherwise I'd get a refund and just get a different pair of 997s down the line. 997 is a great shoe, it's just the GY2s came out bad for some reason.

I think its gonna have to be a return but the store in question is sold out looking down and seeing the difference is really bothering me, its a shame because i do love a nice pair of grey sneaks and the price was right going to be salty if i cannot find a good pair on the low.

Were the gy2s generally of bad quality? Have the opportunity to pick a pair up for like 100$, but if they're all plaguedwith quality issues then I'm passing.

It's more just the shape/construction issue and it seems like a solid 50/50 shot that you get a bad pair. Also it's usually just one shoe that's messed up which somehow makes it more obvious. $100 is a great deal on them but If you can't see them in person first it's a roll of the dice. Maybe I'm just picky with my $200 sneakers.

Retail on the black 997 was $210.

Those purple NB1 are
nthat.gif

It's more just the shape/construction issue and it seems like a solid 50/50 shot that you get a bad pair. Also it's usually just one shoe that's messed up which somehow makes it more obvious. $100 is a great deal on them but If you can't see them in person first it's a roll of the dice. Maybe I'm just picky with my $200 sneakers.
Really? I was under the impression that they were sitting everywhere due to the bad press they got, especially when compared to the gy. My local sneaker store has a near fsr for about $120 I think.

Hi everyone, I have a pair of 996DGY in size US11 that fit a little snug. Is there any way to expand the shoe?

Also, what sizes should I go for if I'm intending to buy a pair of 997 and 998? I have wide feet and usually size up by half for sneakers like the ASICS Gel-Lyte III and V.

Appreciate the help!
When I used to work at footlocker, we had a tool that stretched out shoes.  It looked kind of like a cedar shoe tree.  Not sure what it's called exactly.  I guess you can see if you can get access to that... if not, just wear them and they should stretch out or stuff it with socks.

What color is closest to that darker blue plastic part on the cyclone sole? navy? looks almost purpleish online but grey/black in these pics ^^

Last edited:

What color is closest to that darker blue plastic part on the cyclone sole? navy? looks almost purpleish online but grey/black in these pics ^^
The plastic piece on the heel is pretty much navy blue. Not really purple at all. 

Here's an indoor shot with flash

Last edited:
Picked these up last night and immediately unds this morning. Saw the Nighthawks and i think i want those too. They're :smokin in person

So tempted by the black 997's.

Do the come with white or black laces? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom