Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Nice! Only thing is they are like squeaky. Only way I can describe it.
Not sure if its the midsole, or leather liner but they are squeaking a bit when I walk.
Kind of annoying.
Any idea on how to remedy it?  Its got to be the leather liner.

Last edited:
Oh... good to know. I have the same issue with another NB that's leather lined, so maybe that's it :frown:
Is your other pair another 998?
I don't have any issue with the cncpts 997 liners.

Any idea on how to remedy it?  Its got to be the leather liner.
Not yet. I just got home from work and took my shoe off to figure out where it's coming from. I think it's the leather behind the tongue rubbing against the leather on the sides. Or the laces somehow.

Not yet. I just got home from work and took my shoe off to figure out where it's coming from. I think it's the leather behind the tongue rubbing against the leather on the sides. Or the laces somehow.
Nope, it's actually a 577 from the test match pack. 

Try loosing your laces

Let me know if you find a solution.  I picked up the RF's too.  Hoping to solve that problem pronto. 

Last edited:
I've had some squeaking before with Nike's but thats because of air under the insole.   Just take out the insole, toss in some baby powder and that does the trick. 

Taking another crack at the NB1.  Would like to hear some thoughts. I like boring stuff. And there is a bit of RF CNS in it, but I have been playing with Navy and black for a while.

I like the 2nd ones but id go with black or navy laces personally.

Today's OCF

I like the 2nd ones but id go with black or navy laces personally.
Thanks! I went with this. 

And the best part is with ebates (20%) I got them for $117.60.  They messed up an NB1 order I had in July and they gave me a $30 code that could stack, which was untrue.  So I called and asked if they would stack it with a 15% off and they gave me two 15% off coupons to use. So it ended up being $147 with cali tax. Good friday.  

General question that will probably lean towards preference, but just as a recommendation.......What newbie would one consider more comfortable 999 or 1600??

Does anyone have a pic of the NB1 Juniper color in hand?
It looks like its not much darker than sea glass online but i feel like it will be darker than it looks in person.

Last edited:

Thanks! I went with this. 

And the best part is with ebates (20%) I got them for $117.60.  They messed up an NB1 order I had in July and they gave me a $30 code that could stack, which was untrue.  So I called and asked if they would stack it with a 15% off and they gave me two 15% off coupons to use. So it ended up being $147 with cali tax. Good friday.  
That looks nice. Is that a custom model?

Totally slept on that city gear deal seone posted a couple of weeks back..but maybe some of you wizards can help find me the premier 998s in a size 13 for (under) retail?

Back
Top Bottom