Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Ebay seller YesNewStyle has the new M998CSAM and M998CSEF for $143.96 shipped. also has the new M997CSEA for $167.96 shipped. Good prices on a new release. what sweetens the deal is the x4 ebay buck that most users are being offered. I'm real tempted by the M998CSAM.

http://stores.ebay.com/YesNewStyle?_dmd=2&_nkw=new+balance

Real upset, copped the emeralds the day before for retail at extra butter since i saw so many places were already sold out. The next day i got an ebay alert for new items and this seller popped up with the emeralds for $40 less. Might scoop a second pair since i know the CSAMs will be getting a lot of burn.

Last edited:
^ Never pay retail for GR New Balance.  They literally ALWAYS go on sale.  

And it seems like resellers on eBay are catching on by discounting new releases from the jump.  Better to move your product at a cheaper price than to sit on it forever b/c NB is bat-**** crazy with their MSRP pricing.  

Chalk it up to a lesson learned.  You'll make up for it with other releases though.  

And it seems like resellers on eBay are catching on by discounting new releases from the jump.  Better to move your product at a cheaper price than to sit on it forever b/c NB is bat-**** crazy with their MSRP pricing.  

Chalk it up to a lesson learned.  You'll make up for it with other releases though.  

Definitely agree, i usually dont but i remember the last time a 998 gr was hyped up like this was the 998BD and i waited to pull the trigger and within weeks they were ghost at all the retilers...had to pay an extra $50 for a pair.

But your right...nowadays resellers are selling them for discounted prices and with more online retailers carrying product the discounts are there since the supply is there.

As you said...chalking this one up and moving on to the next one.

i think their MSRP is on point with the quality and materials they use on their shoes compared to other brands... i work with countless brands and i can honestly say they are one of the most in line MSRP brands out there.

i think their MSRP is on point with the quality and materials they use on their shoes compared to other brands... i work with countless brands and i can honestly say they are one of the most in line MSRP brands out there.
You know what?  You're probably right.  For the quality NB offers (even though it has gone downhill in the past couple of years), their pricing is probably right in line with what they offer.

I guess the bigger issue is that sneaker prices in general are inflated across most major brands.  That's why we see stuff sitting and being offered at discounts of 20-30% right out the gate.  

Finally got my NB1s in also from an order 2 weeks ago. Overall pretty happy. Was hoping the navy saddle would have been just a little lighter to distinguish from the black heel and toe.
These are sweet! That blue really pops. Which color is that bright blue, Aruba?  I just got notification last night that my NB1's have shipped. Tracking says I'll get them Thursday by the end of the day. I am so excited, this is my first NB1.

Thanks! Yeah, that's dragonfly. It's hard to describe. Almost orange. I love the way it pops against the darker colors though.
Good looking out.  That color is hard for me to judge.  Looks orange, then pink, the redish.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair with dragonfly accents.  Working on a few mockups now, thanks!

both those 997 and 997.5 are looking absurd

I think they're both 997.5's and I agree. Nothing special.

I'm looking forward to the 997.5 coming back. I can't stand the heel on the 997 midsole.......yes, I'm probably one of the very few that isn't a fan of the 997.

Back
Top Bottom