Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Does anyone have a picture of Aruba in person? Thinking of dropping the hammer on these, inspired by the 1500EBNs.

Pretty sure its this color..forgot what blue I used but pretty sure this is Aruba blue.

lots coming back as in restocks? 997gy or gy2? know of any places in particular and when? thanks

Well a couple of Canadian store got the GY a month back and the GY is set to release this year around October ish. Also Wouldn't be surprised if they just kept them in stock regularly, they did it with the grey 996 and 998. It's easier for them to do this because normally sneakers are made overseas in China have to be ordered through brokers and it's more difficult to make smaller batches constantly. Where as a factory in the US is owned by NB and it's easier for them to keep products in stock and replenish inventory because they own the factory, aren't going through a factory and distributing them is easier.

Broke in my grand tourers today. Really digging them

Only question is HOW the @@@@ you gonna keep these joints clean. It's like walking around with buttery microfibers wrapped around your feets

Broke in my grand tourers today. Really digging them

Only question is HOW the @@@@ you gonna keep these joints clean. It's like walking around with buttery microfibers wrapped around your feets
I'd just wear my suede shoes only when the weather is nice.  If going places, be extra careful when driving because the pedals can scuff them up when you miss them and hit them with the side of your shoes.

I'd just wear my suede shoes only when the weather is nice.  If going places, be extra careful when driving because the pedals can scuff them up when you miss them and hit them with the side of your shoes.
Lol, that's so true. It's happened to me countless times driving and getting in and out of my car (in 6'3"). That's solid advice. I've ****** up a few toes. Also I don't even wear my nice/newer/valuable shoes in inclement weather if possible. I stay in Seattle and have one kinda nice pair of sneaks that I wear when it's raining for errands. Lately it's been an all grey and black Asics with aqua soles. Works out. If rain does get on your sneaks, blot the spot with a napkin until u can get home and take a suede brush to it. Or even turn your foot heater on if entirely out of options and your in you car. Damage control

Lol, that's so true. It's happened to me countless times driving and getting in and out of my car (in 6'3"). That's solid advice. I've ****** up a few toes. Also I don't even wear my nice/newer/valuable shoes in inclement weather if possible. I stay in Seattle and have one kinda nice pair of sneaks that I wear when it's raining for errands. Lately it's been an all grey and black Asics with aqua soles. Works out. If rain does get on your sneaks, blot the spot with a napkin until u can get home and take a suede brush to it. Or even turn your foot heater on if entirely out of options and your in you car. Damage control
oh believe me, i hear y'alls

i actually wear slippers to drive 
nerd.gif
 apart from any scuffing the pedal foot will have that dirt rub in the heel in no time

thankfully i live in california so the weather is way less of an issue, but when it rains it rains hard 

I live in seattle as well... always got to check the weather before I decide which shoes to wear.

these are inspired by the "baseball" concept. Horween leather represents the glove. the herringbone represents an old baseball cap. the white and red show the baseball colors. black for the eye black players use. and the speckles are the dirt. very happy with these.

Sup guys, whats the going rate on a pair of vnds 998 infernos (size 11.5 or 12)? I dont see them for sale often. 

Good timing on that video @SinnersnSaints, mine just arrived too!

And i've watched a couple of your videos on Youtube, didn't know you were on here as well.

Thank goodness no flaws, and the suede on the toe wrap is probably the softest i've felt on a 998. Really happy with them.

Only gripe is the tacky carbon fibre print. Might just go over that part with paint.

Last edited:

Good timing on that video @SinnersnSaints, mine just arrived too!

And i've watched a couple of your videos on Youtube, didn't know you were on here as well.

Thank goodness no flaws, and the suede on the toe wrap is probably the softest i've felt on a 998. Really happy with them.

Only gripe is the tacky carbon fibre print. Might just go over that part with paint.
@mykoh  Great shot of that shoe!

I'll put some on feet pictures live as well. Just wanted to get the video live quick and on feet takes some time. Right now the weather sucks!

Yeah, I've been lurking and reeding on the forums for some time but not too active. But it's actually much more fun to exchange with like-minded guys :smile:

I agree, the fake carbon fiber is not that great but it doesn't break it for me. I still dig it a lot. Whenever I see on feet pics I tell myself "damn, what a good looking shoe" haha.

If anyone wants to see my take on the New Balance X Concepts 998 Grand Tourer you're more than invited to check out the video I did for it!
Full review and detail shots. On feet will also follow soon!

Great video, detailed and to the point. Looking forward to more vids. Really happy I picked these up, was on the fence about them as many were but once I received them I knew I made a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom