Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Has anyone worn through a 997 or 998 outsole? The heels on my shoes are usually the first to go and my nb outsoles still look pretty damn good. On the flip side I rotate quite often so I have taken that into consideration.

Has anyone worn through a 997 or 998 outsole? The heels on my shoes are usually the first to go and my nb outsoles still look pretty damn good. On the flip side I rotate quite often so I have taken that into consideration.

Only NB sole I wore through has been 990's under the forefoot on 2 pairs now has really put me off buying the model which is a shame as the upper is fire... I rotate often and they never really felt like they had enough miles on to wear through like they did

those enduring performance books are pretty rare.   where did you find yours?
I Googled and manage to buy it off a local buy/sell post somewhere in Massachusetts a few years back when I first got into NBs. I think I Paypal the dude 30 bucks and he mailed it to me in Canada.

I think the book was only given to NB employees for the company's 100th anniversary in 2006. Funny thing is the entire book makes no mention of the 574/576.

Also the book mentions the first 990 was developed with a Japanese company called Moon-Star (a licensed maker of NB runners in Japan started with the 320). They thought the $100 bucks shoe would sell 5000 pairs in its first year, but manage to take in an order of 50,000 within the first 6 months. I think this could explain why NB retros are extremely popular in Japan.
998 has probably the most durable outsole and midsole out of all my NBs. The only problem I have is with the midsole collapsing at the heel with 577 and C-Cap 576 due to my heavy weight. 990's Vibram outsole wears quite fast (same with ML71 and 72), I try not to rock them as much. 1300JP Vibram outsole seems to be much more durable.

Last edited:
anyone catch that netfliix show 'love'? second to last episode the writer dude's feet up on the table with the 998ctl all up in the camera. and the frat bro friend with the classic 996. netflix showing nb lotta love.

also action bronson's new show-- he was rocking the 990gy's real hard on stage. alchemist with the 997 luxury goods at the atl bbq spot and mayhem lauren sporting the 997jnb.

also action bronson's new show-- he was rocking the 990gy's real hard on stage. alchemist with the 997 luxury goods at the atl bbq spot and mayhem lauren sporting the 997jnb.
you talking about FTD? 

I gotta see alc rocking those luxury goods 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anyone catch that netfliix show 'love'? second to last episode the writer dude's feet up on the table with the 998ctl all up in the camera. and the frat bro friend with the classic 996. netflix showing nb lotta love.

I saw Love the weekend it was available and noticed the orange 998CTL (hard to miss), but I must have missed the classic 996. Now that I think of it, I can't even remember the frat bro friend. 

Back
Top Bottom