Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Can anyone speak on the sizing of current 1500's? Last pair I bought was the 1500BRT and they're too short compared to older pairs. I used to buy the same size in US/UK made pairs but I'm hesitant on the newer 1500 colorways.

Can't decide if I need to go 1/2 size up or not and exchanges across the pond are costly.

I wear 11's in US 996, 997, 998, 1300, 1400 and the same for UK 577's.

Not sure if the extra toe-puff/piece has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
hmmmm, do I want the special packaging or not. Its cool, but I never care that much and never look at the boxes.

Can anyone speak on the sizing of current 1500's? Last pair I bought was the 1500BRT and they're too short compared to older pairs. I used to buy the same size in US/UK made pairs but I'm hesitant on the newer 1500 colorways.

Can't decide if I need to go 1/2 size up or not and exchanges across the pond are costly.

I bought both pair 10.5 tts and they fit well. I'm normally 10.5 in 997 and either 10 or 10.5 in 998 for reference

to me 1500 fit weird. It's a real narrow boxy fit and overall has a funny shape. I go tts but only buy 1500 if it's a killer cw

Isn't this new J. Crew awefully close to the M998CSEF ?

yeah funny though how one is based off wooden ships from the 1800s and the other is the moon from the 1960s but they still look the same

I mean not really, you can put multiple concepts on any type of shoe/CW
totally agree- just tired of the whole inspiration/explanation/themed pack thing--its a $$ gimmick. back when, designers didn't make inspirations part of the marketing and packaging.. (heritage pack is still my fav b/c it doesn't look like a pack--every shoe is just simple clean, low key and versatile)

totally agree- just tired of the whole inspiration/explanation/themed pack thing--its a $$ gimmick. back when, designers didn't make inspirations part of the marketing and packaging.. (heritage pack is still my fav b/c it doesn't look like a pack--every shoe is just simple clean, low key and versatile)
I mean not really a gimmick unless you let it get to you, just buy what you like. Also designing has really always been about marketing, creating themes, making it limited, using celebrities to endorse a product or associating a lifestyle with a product. There really was no back then, almost every sneaker/clothing line uses some gimmick its just apart of the industry.

yeah i get that they need an inspiration but does the end consumer really need to know it? when tinker used exposed scaffolding on the pompidou center in paris for the air max bubble in '87 we didn't find out that whole backstory until recently. same for the vertebrae on the air 95s, all the early jordans, etc

yeah i get that they need an inspiration but does the end consumer really need to know it? when tinker used exposed scaffolding on the pompidou center in paris for the air max bubble in '87 we didn't find out that whole backstory until recently. same for the vertebrae on the air 95s, all the early jordans, etc

It's called marketing and reaching the masses. If they didn't do anything a lot less people would cop. On another note I hate how j crew talks to you like an idiot about their "special releases", **** I know how sneaker releases work. Is it too much to ask to be taken care when you spend $$$$$ at one store? I feel like a lot of people "didn't care" about the BS and then they all went and are being resold now for 300+

Back
Top Bottom