Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Counter-Big Yawn! I used the 15% off discount with the 5% cash back from ebates.. Can't wait to get my ebate check in the mail. Going be like $200 dollars with all these purchases.. 8)

Last on feet pic until #OCF. Had to post another pic of my favorite NB1 creation this year. Suede; Butter! Shape; IMMACULATE! :pimp:

"Kool Wines Pt. II"​

Finally got a chance to checkout the Ontario/SoCal NB Factory store and was bummed they didn't have a greater selection of 1500/996/997/998's. I guess the NE outlets have greater selection because of proximity to where they're made??

1500's copped. Cheers to the PNW for having a weak shoe scene but diesel craft beer and denim scene. This vacation saved money on kicks but Blue Owl killed the wallet on denim.

Stock pics seriously looking like Frankenstein's been kicking rocks.

Yea man not sure where u went in the PNW but the cities of Seattle/Bellevue are super ripe for a major shoe retailer(s). There are so many shops in LA/SF, yet we have NOTHING (1 Bait store). There are a ton of younger males here that make good money in the tech scene (& much, much more) and have disposable income. Until Bait came here just a few years ago, we had nothing but a Niketown. Dosent add up to me.

The NB surplus pack is real, real nice. The materials look super plush and their color combinations are fresh. Would really like to see the Reigning Champs in grey on-foot. So many nice NBs releasing. Those "DMV"s and these 997 are especially underrated.

I mean I seriously am not trying to start ish...but seriously folk out here paying 175-350 for Banned 1s when you can have a serious true leather shoes for $235?!?! Maybe I'm finally getting old at my 31yrs of age. I use to be a MAJOR jordan buyer...but it's plain and simple no way in hell I'm paying resell for BRED 1s (not banned) when I could have these.

I'm not even in the country right now but I cannot wait to pick these up from UPS when I get back. The Navy 997s changed the game for me.

So I wear a sz 9 in the norse x NB 1500
and a sz 9 in the hanon x NB 1500
but I wear a sz 9.5 in the gentleman's pack
so do you think I can wear a 9.5 in the surplus pack 1500?
All help much appreciated

Last edited:
Yea man not sure where u went in the PNW but the cities of Seattle/Bellevue are super ripe for a major shoe retailer(s). There are so many shops in LA/SF, yet we have NOTHING (1 Bait store). There are a ton of younger males here that make good money in the tech scene (& much, much more) and have disposable income. Until Bait came here just a few years ago, we had nothing but a Niketown. Dosent add up to me.

The NB surplus pack is real, real nice. The materials look super plush and their color combinations are fresh. Would really like to see the Reigning Champs in grey on-foot. So many nice NBs releasing. Those "DMV"s and these 997 are especially underrated.
i think they look really good.  but the painted bar on the midsole is holding me back.  i hope that's not a trend for GRs.

I need to cop some Horween NB's but they are so damn expensive and I never have the funds for em ready.

Bro this is what I worked my butt off in college for. The days I want to buy something and not worry about it.

Make sure I'm right and the wife straight and our finances right then I buy what I want. You live once.

Last edited:
Bro this is what I worked my butt off in college for. The days I want to buy something and not worry about it.

Make sure I'm right and the wife straight and our finances right then I buy what I want. You live once.

Respect! I'm working on that as of now and sweat it. It gets tiring after awhile all the worrying and stress. Just getting older I guess.

It's definitely odd. I was very surprised when I started doing legit research on where to go. More surprised with Portland due to that well known brand in its backyard. The wife and I hit up Porland, Astoria, San Juan Island and Seattle.

The best selection I found was at J Crew downtown Seattle. No joke. I really thought Dallas was mediocre (Centre really boosted the local scene) but the PNW was oddly disappointing for kicks. I absolutely loved Portland and Seattle for everything else though. You Seattle guys are spoiled with Blue Owl Workshop.

I mean I seriously am not trying to start ish...but seriously folk out here paying 175-350 for Banned 1s when you can have a serious true leather shoes for $235?!?! Maybe I'm finally getting old at my 31yrs of age. I use to be a MAJOR jordan buyer...but it's plain and simple no way in hell I'm paying resell for BRED 1s (not banned) when I could have these.

I'm not even in the country right now but I cannot wait to pick these up from UPS when I get back. The Navy 997s changed the game for me.
I agree. I bought the banned 1's today only because it was one of the only Jordan models I've never owned but always wanted. I was lucky enough to win a raffle because I don't mess with resell. Even so, it was really hard even dropping retail on these ($160) because MiUSA NB's can be bought for the same price and sometimes even less because they stay on shelves long enough for sales.

It's amazing the disparity between the quality of both brands (Nike/Jordan vs. New Balance)- I really don't understand how cats can drop $200 plus on retro J's all while the entire sneaker community continues to sleep on NB. I'm down to two pairs of J's, one pair of Adidas and EVERYTHING else is New Balance in my collection. TeamNB all the way.

I agree. I bought the banned 1's today only because it was one of the only Jordan models I've never owned but always wanted. I was lucky enough to win a raffle because I don't mess with resell. Even so, it was really hard even dropping retail on these ($160) because MiUSA NB's can be bought for the same price and sometimes even less because they stay on shelves long enough for sales.

It's amazing the disparity between the quality of both brands (Nike/Jordan vs. New Balance)- I really don't understand how cats can drop $200 plus on retro J's all while the entire sneaker community continues to sleep on NB. I'm down to two pairs of J's, one pair of Adidas and EVERYTHING else is New Balance in my collection. TeamNB all the way.

Same mane lol before i bought the 1500's Surplus's i tried grabbing the Bred's off SNS but like always was cart jacked. I wasn't even mad though. I didnt wait for Foot Locker, Eastbay, Finish Line etc. I just scooped up the 1500's and i wasnt even mad. I still have like 30 pairs of Jordan's, but bet I have more New Balances. New Balance is the move & I'm happy people are sleep. As long as New Balance keeps making their shoes by Americans. I'm going to keep dropping the fetti on them; BET! :nthat:

So I wear a sz 9 in the norse x NB 1500
and a sz 9 in the hanon x NB 1500
but I wear a sz 9.5 in the gentleman's pack
so do you think I can wear a 9.5 in the surplus pack 1500?

I was into Jordans until about 3 years ago. I sold every pair of Jordan I owned. I only rock NB now.

TeamNB 4 life.

Respect! I'm working on that as of now and sweat it. It gets tiring after awhile all the worrying and stress. Just getting older I guess.

Part of life bro. Get older and get wiser. Bro I hate school with a passion but knew it was a requirement to get to where I want to be. 2 degrees later and 2 certifications later, I am good now. Key is to never become complacent. Once you do that you have failed yourself.

I own a few js. Only one bought acted l after 2012 and that is the Christmas 29 SE with the galaxy space print. Jordan is basically done in my life. My others I own are all DS and honestly sitting for nostalgia purposes. 09 space jams, 25th edition 11s, OG candy cane 14s, taxi 9s and I think that's it.

My go to shoe is diadora @bds120 IG. That's all I wear really because they are point blank awesome.

Part of life bro. Get older and get wiser. Bro I hate school with a passion but knew it was a requirement to get to where I want to be. 2 degrees later and 2 certifications later, I am good now. Key is to never become complacent. Once you do that you have failed yourself.
I own a few js. Only one bought since l after 2012 and that is the Christmas 29 SE with the galaxy space print. Jordan is basically done in my life. My others I own are all DS and honestly sitting for nostalgia purposes. 09 space jams, 25th edition 11s, OG candy cane 14s, taxi 9s and I think that's it.

My go to shoe is diadora @bds120 IG. That's all I wear really because they are point blank awesome.

Decided to cop the RC x NB M530.

Appears to be a sleeper but the minimal branding is appealing in a certain way. 

Back
Top Bottom