Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

hey guys, question about sizing of Horween NB 997, do they fit like any other 997? If so, as I didn't ever own a 997...do they fit like 998 and 577, my size in them is 9, normally I wear 9.5 in almost anything.
I find they fit pretty similar to other 997's.  997's are more narrow than 998's.  I can get away with TTS for 997 but go .5 down in 998.

Yep. That's is the normal. Always has been. And is slow AF. I chose the free THIS time because I'm out of country and won't be back until Saturday anyways. Shoes don't get delivered until Monday.

Usually when I buy from bait, I always select the 3 day shipping because of this.
Isn't it shipping from Ontario in Cali?  I believe they have a warehouse out there...not Ontario in Canada.  Either way, slow to ship every time, but i'm sure they do high volume.

Isn't it shipping from Ontario in Cali?  I believe they have a warehouse out there...not Ontario in Canada.  Either way, slow to ship every time, but i'm sure they do high volume.

Oh, you're right. It says Ontario, CA, United States. My bad *facepalm* :rofl: :wow:

Last edited:
I find they fit pretty similar to other 997's.  997's are more narrow than 998's.  I can get away with TTS for 997 but go .5 down in 998.

So if I have a wide foot, I should go TTS in a 998? They don't offer half sizes anyway, and I know an 11 is too small. And size 12 in a 1300 Horween is fine. :nerd:

Last edited:
well if you see a big Grecian in NBs and retros dont be a stranger. not much NB love in this podunk town

Does anybody know how the 1500 fit? I wear a 8.5 in both 998 and 997, should I go ahead and get my usual size?

Today.

^ Sick!

Bit hard to see there... how would you rate the shape of the toebox?

Hard plastic-y bit seemingly present?

^ Sick!

Bit hard to see there... how would you rate the shape of the toebox?

Hard plastic-y bit seemingly present?

Looks like it to me. The rest of the shoe looks top notch though. All white midsole on the 998 looks so clean. NB really needs to add it to their NB1 options.

Real quick and dirty pic, will take better pics when I wear them this weekend
Oh LAWD! Copping as soon as I see these on discount. Praying these make it to Black Friday sales. These and the 997DPA's are on my radar. Nubuck on 997/998s are fuego!

Real quick and dirty pic, will take better pics when I wear them this weekend
This 998 is f-ing beautiful imo. I've wanted a monochromatic 998 drop this year.. f-ing perf too, i'll take this Ash. Easily copping 2 of these when the price is right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom