Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

welp, finally joined the nb club

always looked in the thread but never bought a pair til now

ended up scooping the ball and bucks

beautiful shoe and this thread reminds me of the Nike sb thread with all the help and knowledge

Colorway for those 998s looks great, but the perf toe box is really what's setting these off. I'm a sucker for a solid colored upper with a perforated toe. 

Does anyone remember j crew's first 1400MG? I like this color green with the mint lace.

Sure do!  Haven't worn them in quite some time, but you and these teaser pics of the upcoming JCrew green 998 inspired me to break them out today.  Absolutely gorgeous out...sunny and in the low 60's.  Perfect Fall weather and this shoe sports a perfect Fall color scheme.  Match made!  Anyway, Autumn is, hands-down, my favorite season.

No matter, grabbed these from the NB outlet location at the Silver Sands Factory Stores in Destin, FL (I see you @VidiViciUn  
nerd.gif
) in Nov 2010 for like $20.  Grabbed the M998GY (black/yellow/grey/cream) the same day for $24 and change.  Basically stole both pairs.  
smokin.gif
   Miss being close to a proper NB outlet.   

Last edited:
Sure do!  Haven't worn them in quite some time, but you and these teaser pics of the upcoming JCrew green 998 inspired me to break them out today.  Absolutely gorgeous out...sunny and in the low 60's.  Perfect Fall weather and this shoe sports a perfect Fall color scheme.  Match made!  Anyway, Autumn is, hands-down, my favorite season.

No matter, grabbed these from the NB outlet location at the Silver Sands Factory Stores in Destin, FL (I see you @VidiViciUn
 :nerd: ) in Nov 2010 for like $20.  Grabbed the M998GY (black/yellow/grey/cream) the same day for $24 and change.  Basically stole both pairs.  :smokin    Miss being close to a proper NB outlet.   

Wow, I bought these release day from the j crew liquor store for retail ($130). Where's the closest outlet to NYC?

@McSoundwave Nice Pickups! Those 998's you got from the Factory Outlets :pimp: Yeah homie the SanDestin outlets are pretty dry now whenever there is heat they get gobbled up & the J. Crew only sells women products :smh: Destin needs a boutique sneaker shop..​

You stationed at RAF Lakenheath or Mildenhall? :nerd:

Last edited:
The only thing slightly worrying me about those JCrews as that gold stripe on the midsole. I hope they don't do anything crazy colorblocking wise, green with gold N or heels and I'll probably pass.

Do any of you know if I would have to pay customs fees on a pair of shoes shipped from Australia? It's priced at roughly $450

Finally snagged some BBs, interested on seeing how those J Crew's will look...Green with possible brown accents??? Hmm...

Im about to apply for a position at JCrew lol screw collecting unemployment. I need deez NB's on discooooooooooooooo

Could you advise on sizing for this collab? 

I have a pair of 1300 US made pair in a US10 but they fit a little big for my liking because the tongue is thin. So i compensated by wearing thicker socks. However, there is still a little slippage. I could probably fit perfect in a US9.5 in a 1300 pair.

sorry for the late response, I'm usually not much help when it comes to sizing on shoes since I'm flat footed and have wide feet but i find these to be roomy for sure, I've never owned nor tried on a 1300 before so i can't compare but i find that 580s and now 585s are deff a bit on the wider side. I have an 11 which I'm happy with but could deff have pulled off the 10.5 if i needed to.

Back
Top Bottom