Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone know how "crazy" that upcoming Ball and Buck release will be? I was actually debating driving up from VA since I missed the online drop. Anyone here plan on going?
Well there are 88 pairs left, which is quite a few. Also there is practically no hype on this shoe. there is one person on ebay trying to sell his pair of the kool grey release from back in September, and he has gotten no bids at all about 3 times. but you should prepare for the worst anyways. its gonna suck driving 5 hours to camp lol. or maybe you can stay up there a few days and do some other things. better yet, just call the store and ask how the first release was.

Just saw the Year of the Snake 574s in person. The rainbow pair was a huge disappointment; the gum sole just looks off on the shoe. The other 3 pairs, however, are pretty nice.

The Herschel 710s are pretty sick too!

edit : just found out that the outsole is actually glow in the dark ... stupid me
mean.gif
Where did you see them? im looking for the green pair but i cannot find them. and im not sure that the rainbow pair is glow in the dark. Maybe they need actual sunlight or something because i held mine up to a light bulb and they arent glowing. 

I remember reading somewhere, maybe their FB, but they said dudes were there the morning before the drop for the 1st B&B drop. So a solid 24 hour camp or so for the 1st in-store B&B drop?

I guess I could just wait for a pair to pop up on Ebay. I was able to find a pair of the first release and resale was not as bad as it could have been. It doesn't help that there arent that many local spots that get quality releases. That has always been my issue with obtaining NB/ASICS. I am pretty much stuck to the net/resale market. 

@757 come on cuz let's take a road trip....oh NM you already got yours on luck huh? Bastard....

Last edited:
lowdown on CM1700 Beauty and Youth Navy NB

cmonwealth DC- instore/phone orders (now)

corporate- instore/phone orders (after??) saturday

moda3- instore/phone orders saturday (same time??)

retailing for 160$

I'm thinking of making the DC trip to cmonwealth and pick up atleast the 1700s

lowdown on CM1700 Beauty and Youth Navy NB

cmonwealth DC- instore/phone orders (now)

corporate- instore/phone orders (after??) saturday

moda3- instore/phone orders saturday (same time??)

retailing for 160$

I'm thinking of making the DC trip to cmonwealth and pick up atleast the 1700s
Beat me to it! haha!

I guess I could just wait for a pair to pop up on Ebay. I was able to find a pair of the first release and resale was not as bad as it could have been. It doesn't help that there arent that many local spots that get quality releases. That has always been my issue with obtaining NB/ASICS. I am pretty much stuck to the net/resale market. 

@757 come on cuz let's take a road trip....oh NM you already got yours on luck huh? Bastard....

Lmao. Man, if I could get a few days off from nursing school, I'm so down! A few more months & count me in on the next road trip

Just bought the grey-red 998s. One of my favorite new balance releases of 2012 tbh. And I'm not a big fan of 999s, but those new 999s posted look amazing. The blue pair is better than steel blues IMO. Probably gonna end up getting both of them. The 1600s that drop with 'em are really nice too. New Balance better not pull that not releasing in size 11.5 crap with these...

ErForce you customs are hot. Could you list the colors you used per piece? Your N looks maroon/grape almost and I don't see a grape option.
Thank you for all the kind words.

Here are the colors:

Heel wrap and Toe wrap- Espresso

Saddle and ankle wrap- Houndawg

The mesh pieces- White cap

Tongue label- Espresso

Heel Tab- White leather

NB embroidery- Sulpher yellow

Inside lining- Black

Logo base- White leather

NB Logo- Plum wine

Laces- Black

The 576SGA and 576NGA arrived today. The quality definitely isn't up to par with the 2008 versions. The mesh is really coarse and shiny in certain lighting whereas the 2008s had smooth, pillowy mesh. The suede also isn't as soft as the 2008s. I'd give the new versions about a 7/10 because they're still really comfy and I love the original 576 sole, but the 2008s were like a 9/10.

Oh, and this is my first shot at a custom 574. Blatantly ripped off of Inspired by one of the original Crooked Tongues 576s.

I wish places in the ATL area were getting the B&Ys. Hopefully I may be able to cop on a phone order.

Great job er,  could you put down your colors per area?  I can't tell what color the mesh is.  Softy, maybe?  I've noticed they have no white suede/mesh only white leather.
Scroll up...

EDIT: This would be the first post on a new page. Check the last page, he posted all of the colors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up man. I was going to get the Navy ones but I just love that Steel Blue colorway too much. So I ended up ordering these even though I have a pair of Steel Blue 1300s. Free shipping is always nice too.

And is there any dates yet on when those two 999s are releasing??
How much were your grey 576s?  I would like to get them but I just got a steal of a deal for the 990 USA grey 30th for $195.  I'm kinda stretched on newb funds.  I used a converter and it seems that £110 = around $180 dollars (damn the dollar is down...).  Is that around what you paid for them?

It came out to 180 bucks. I'll see if I like them when they arrive. If they aren't as nice as the Steel Blue 1300 I'll send them back and just double up on the 1300s. 

Back
Top Bottom