Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Cool list..​

I wish the OP of this thread was still active, I would love to have a poll of the best NB model of ALL TIME! I bet it would be the 998.. :smokin

Anyone know how the 247 releasing today will fit? First time buying NB but im liking these more and more. Should I stick TTS? Also how limited are they expected to be?

Anyone know how the 247 releasing today will fit? First time buying NB but im liking these more and more. Should I stick TTS? Also how limited are they expected to be?
They are TTS. Seems like every place is getting them and not a lot of hype. 

No idea, to be honest. A couple dudes they said they fit like Gel-Lyte Vs. I am gonna try and make it out to the flagship store today to try some pairs on so I will let you know.

I woke up this morning to see a lot of sizes for the 247s sold out on New Balance's website and I am honestly shocked as I figured these would sit for a bit but I am very happy for NB as they havent had this much hyoe surrounding a new, non-retro model for a long time.

i actually soft passed on the dsai at the outlets this summer. just something i don't like about canvas toeboxes.. love the rear blue outsole tho

I wish the OP of this thread was still active, I would love to have a poll of the best NB model of ALL TIME! I bet it would be the 998..
smokin.gif
most people liked the 998 or 1500 until the 997 re-released. always been curious as to why you're such a 998 fanatic. what specifically do you like about it over other models? if the 997 was nb1 would it be a different story? not saying i disagree just curious about your enthusiasm for the model--kind of like @stunnaman's affinity for the 993--people's specific tastes always tell an interesting story

did anyone catch the michael rappaport ggn episode? he said his favorite shoes of all time were 998s, 993, 991

haha just trying my best to console you

:lol: Thanks pal!​

most people liked the 998 or 1500 until the 997 re-released. always been curious as to why you're such a 998 fanatic. what specifically do you like about it over other models? if the 997 was nb1 would it be a different story? not saying i disagree just curious about your enthusiasm for the model--kind of like @stunnaman's affinity for the 993--people's specific tastes always tell an interesting story

did anyone catch the michael rappaport ggn episode? he said his favorite shoes of all time were 998s, 993, 991

It's all about the Abzorb sole. I own the Butterscotch 997's, they're alright, but the 997 sole really doesn't do it for me. I'm in love with the 997.5 & 998's.​

No idea, to be honest. A couple dudes they said they fit like Gel-Lyte Vs. I am gonna try and make it out to the flagship store today to try some pairs on so I will let you know.

I woke up this morning to see a lot of sizes for the 247s sold out on New Balance's website and I am honestly shocked as I figured these would sit for a bit but I am very happy for NB as they havent had this much hyoe surrounding a new, non-retro model for a long time.

NB has more stock they're just pulling sizes to help build hype on them and it's not working. I feel like V vidiviciun would have a different view if 997 was on NB1. As far as comfort 998 is great when your just standing around a lot but if your on the move 997 is much more supportive.

Last edited:
if you're going for the NB 247 i suggest a half size up. i tried on a pair two weeks back and it fits like a gel lyte v, which is pretty tight. i highly suggest going into a store a trying them on, if you can. 

This lowkey, broke my heart.. :smh:

I have these and they aren't nearly worth that pricetag. Not going to tell you what to spend your money on though, obviously. I'd sell to you, but mine are kind of beat :wow:

Last edited:
Went for a morning drive with my daughter to the NB Flagship Store in Brighton to check out the 247. A couple observations:

- First Impressions: It is absolutely gorgeous in person. It feels like a premium product. Love the use of different materials. The shape is A+ and it's a model I can get excited about.

- Sizing and Fit:  If you've got wide feet you're pretty much screwed. In terms of actual length I am actually a 10.5-11 but because I have wide and flat feet I usually go with an 11.5 in NB. These fit super snug (but they are comfy). If you've got normal width feet I'd highly recommend copping them. But if you've got wide feet then these will look like clown shoes on your feet and there will be way too much room in the toe box. I can get away with wiggle room in the toe boxes of retro models because of the materials used. In the 247 I fit an 11.5 and it was snug and looked beautiful on feet- until I started walking. And then it was clear that this toe box was not going to be my friend.

Overall, I was really impressed with the model. Unfortunately, because of the materials used there isn't much room for flexibility so squeezing into a smaller size to accommodate the space in the toe box isn't even a realistic possibility. So, if you've got wide feet then money saved. If you've got regular width/narrow feet, cop these bad boys. Only $110 at the shop!

Afterwards, ended up going to the Brighton Outlets and saw a FSR of the 998BESP. $150 price tag, 20%off promotion, $10 MyNB reward =

$110 outlet pickup more than makes up for not being able to cop the 247 this morning 
nthat.gif

For long laces, just buy clear heat shrink tubing, cut it to your aglet size, place it to desired location on the shoelace and shrink it using a heat gun. Cut off the excess lace and you have yourself the perfect length. i've done it many times and it works great!

...Afterwards, ended up going to the Brighton Outlets and saw a FSR of the 998BESP. $150 price tag, 20%off promotion, $10 MyNB reward = $110 outlet pickup more than makes up for not being able to cop the 247 this morning :nthat:
Looks like I'm headed to Brighton tomorrow!

​
It's all about the Abzorb sole. I own the Butterscotch 997's, they're alright, but the 997 sole really doesn't do it for me. I'm in love with the 997.5 & 998's.​
can't argue with that brother. a lot of 998's hit my arch wrong but when i can find good pair they're butter. for example those og greys i just got at brighton were killing the left side of my heel/arch on the left shoe--there was a bump in the sole. had to go back and swap that out in lawrence. was lucky to find one without a jacked-up toe

For long laces, just buy clear heat shrink tubing, cut it to your aglet size, place it to desired location on the shoelace and shrink it using a heat gun. Cut off the excess lace and you have yourself the perfect length. i've done it many times and it works great!
Any videos on how to do that? Seems like a great idea

Back
Top Bottom