Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I don't get the hate on the 247. I'm personally not a NB guy. The fit is awesome and this is coming from mostly ultra boosts. 
They're like NB's version of UB... so thats probably why you like them/don't get the hate.

A lot of people who are into NB are about the classic models like 998, 1500, 577, etc and the 247 seems to be going in a completely different direction than what a lot of NB dudes really like.

Last edited:

They're like NB's version of UB... so thats probably why you like them/don't get the hate.

A lot of people who are into NB are about the classic models like 998, 1500, 577, etc and the 247 seems to be going in a completely different direction than what a lot of NB dudes really like.
I do understand that and I have had pairs of 998 in the past which have been extremely comfy, but I think that as a brand there is nothing wrong with them expanding their lineup. If anything it will draw more people in to try other NB models.

I do understand that and I have had pairs of 998 in the past which have been extremely comfy, but I think that as a brand there is nothing wrong with them expanding their lineup. If anything it will draw more people in to try other NB models.
Yeah I don't think anything is wrong with that either. 

@NonHeinous
nthat.gif

I want a mono 577 in the same red color as that hang tag  

Who at NB UK is responsible for the sweet reshaping of the 577 and 1500???  We need that dude shipped to the North East.  Get that 998 fixed pronto! 
Mark Goddfrey... that dude has his ears to the ground. When Rob and Thomas Lindie of New Balance Gallery were brought into Flimby they complained like crazy about the bulbous 1500 toe. They must have complained about the 577 too. Seems like NB UK is taking customer feedback seriously. I agree the more recent 998s have a struggle shape. NB's U.S. division needs to step their game up ASAP.

I was pricing how much a pair of the Yard Pack 577s would be from Hanon and accidentally submitted the order... LOL!  Oh well, at least it wasn't too bad ($142 shipped).

i once met with one of the USA NB shoe designers about two years ago. believe me, NB USA knows about shape problems and they do read forums and comments and understand. i just dont know if or when or how they can try and correct things. the only thing i can say is to keep commenting and saying how you feel on forums and social media.

on a different note i'm running a little NB contest on my IG page:

Last edited:

i once met with one of the USA NB shoe designers about two years ago. believe me, NB USA knows about shape problems and they do read forums and comments and understand. i just dont know if or when or how they can try and correct things. the only thing i can say is to keep commenting and saying how you feel on forums and social media.

That last question got me stumped, lol.

i once met with one of the USA NB shoe designers about two years ago. believe me, NB USA knows about shape problems and they do read forums and comments and understand. i just dont know if or when or how they can try and correct things. the only thing i can say it to keep commenting and saying how you feel.

Interesting to hear. On that note, I'm pretty much done with the NB1 998. The toe wrap on my last pair was atrocious.

NB USA needs to get the 998 back to the shape from a few years ago. Broke out my 998GY I bought from RRS a few years back and the difference is ridiculous.

Speaking of 998s, if anyone needs a brand new pair of the 998DPHOs in an 11.5 for 50% off PM me. Admin, please delete if this isn't allowed, figured I'd give the homies a hookup before I go to the Facebook groups.

That 247 model is trash IMO. Definitely doesn't represent how dope nb lifestyle product is. I wouldn't care if they sold out in seconds the 247 is a magic Johnson no LOOK PASS!!!!!
NB isnt going after the classic guy, they have tried a lot of things and nothing ever hit the mall consumer hard since the 574s were hot in the 2000s. The 247 is a leap in the correct direction from a core consumer standpoint. 

Interesting to hear. On that note, I'm pretty much done with the NB1 998. The toe wrap on my last pair was atrocious.

NB USA needs to get the 998 back to the shape from a few years ago. Broke out my 998GY I bought from RRS a few years back and the difference is ridiculous.
yeah all my NB1 toeboxes are wrinkled and dented as ****

pretty annoying 

Last edited:

Another supporter of this statement.

I guess my problem with the 247 is that it really isn't that innovative. It uses sub par materials(compared to what NB usually offers), they use one of their cheapest/least comfortable cushioning systems (revlite). Part of the reason why I've NB is because they offer great quality and usually great support along with it. Sure its cool that NB is making new models but the 247 is just not there and they overhyped it which NB never really does even with new models. All it looks like they did was use a slimmer shape than a 996, cut back on material costs by adding that cheap sock like material, cut the material cost more by adding some cheaper leather like material and then added cheap revlite midsole on it. It just looks like they put absolute zero effort in designing and development of it.

I mean don't get me wrong I like that they are making new models.

from the 009 to this 247 they need to do these things.

its just not for me. i like the old yet still great sole tech of abzorb and encap. and having shoes made from leather and suede that isn't grafted onto a piece of vinyl(ahem, nike).

i don't think every shoe looks good with a built in sock(ahem, nike).

I mean don't get me wrong I like that they are making new models.

from the 009 to this 247 they need to do these things.

its just not for me. i like the old yet still great sole tech of abzorb and encap. and having shoes made from leather and suede that isn't grafted onto a piece of vinyl(ahem, nike).

i don't think every shoe looks good with a built in sock(ahem, nike).
 ​
I'm not going to front I've been taking a break from NB over the past month & have been grabbing some other sneakers. Asics (stoked about the GTII drops this year) & UB's (gearing up for NBA playoff; cant wait for Nike to grab the NBA license back) etc. I'm looking forward to these new Paul George signature shoes, might be my first basketball sneaker since the KD4's 
nerd.gif
 Y'all might see me creep back into the NB thread if something dope happens with the NB1 program.​

Back
Top Bottom