Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Here's an example... top bad, bottom good.

Shouts to sneakersjeansandtees.com

It's more than just the pointy toe on the 998.

The toewrap is a mess as well and the midsole is chunky.

Anyone pick up either of the iguana 1500s?

Interested in what the material is. I'm assuming embossed leather?

The white pair looks prime for customizing.

edit: Nevermind. Found my answer on end.

It is embossed leather.

Last edited:

Anyone pick up either of the iguana 1500s?

Interested in what the material is. I'm assuming embossed leather?

The white pair looks prime for customizing.

edit: Nevermind. Found my answer on end.

It is embossed leather.
Embossed nubuck, I believe.

I'm not going to front I've been taking a break from NB over the past month & have been grabbing some other sneakers. Asics (stoked about the GTII drops this year) & UB's (gearing up for NBA playoff; cant wait for Nike to grab the NBA license back) etc. I'm looking forward to these new Paul George signature shoes, might be my first basketball sneaker since the KD4's :nerd:  Y'all might see me creep back into the NB thread if something dope happens with the NB1 program.​

it will be weird seeing you in a basketball thread for some reason :lol:

those PG1s are hard though :smokin

Last edited:

I'm not going to front I've been taking a break from NB over the past month & have been grabbing some other sneakers. Asics (stoked about the GTII drops this year) & UB's (gearing up for NBA playoff; cant wait for Nike to grab the NBA license back) etc. I'm looking forward to these new Paul George signature shoes, might be my first basketball sneaker since the KD4's 
nerd.gif
 Y'all might see me creep back into the NB thread if something dope happens with the NB1 program.

it will be weird seeing you in a basketball thread for some reason
laugh.gif

those PG1s are hard though
smokin.gif
The scales and forefoot strap make the PG1's look "Yeezyesque" if you will. May be moving to this model since the Kobe ADs are meh thus far, which is ironic since the Kobe 11 was one of my favorites in that line. Only grabbed the first pair of ADs and don't see anything in the immediate future that has piqued my interest either. Plus that $110 price point is always attractive.
glasses.gif

BTW, anyone in here been down to the NB outlet in San Ysidro? Trying to see if it's worth wasting my gas to drive down there.

Last edited:
These joints are a nice concept.​

it will be weird seeing you in a basketball thread for some reason :lol:

those PG1s are hard though :smokin

Why would it be weird to see me in a basketball thread? :lol: I have tons of Jordan's and other basketball sneakers just haven't really been rocking them since I got heavy into runners back in 2011. These PG1's look hella promising. Liking that promo pic and the Lakers colorway.​

The scales and forefoot strap make the PG1's look "Yeezyesque" if you will. May be moving to this model since the Kobe ADs are meh thus far, which is ironic since the Kobe 11 was one of my favorites in that line. Only grabbed the first pair of ADs and don't see anything in the immediate future that has piqued my interest either. Plus that $110 price point is always attractive. 8)  

I'm a huge fan of the strap on sneakers from Nike Turf's to the KD4, Victor Cruz joints. I still wished I would've grabbed the Kobe 6's "Grinch" when I had a chance.​

Why would it be weird to see me in a basketball thread? :lol: I have tons of Jordan's and other basketball sneakers just haven't really been rocking them since I got heavy into runners back in 2011. These PG1's look hella promising. Liking that promo pic and the Lakers colorway.​

haha idk. ever since I've been posting I've become to associate you with only NBs and Asics​

Anyone here have the 1500 deconstructed or re engineered or whatever they are? Thinking about getting them as i found some for cheap. Hows sizing or comfort?

I could see that..
laugh.gif
Take a look at my profile WDYWT, you'll see my variety homie.​
I think you've earned a well-deserved break from NBs after that NB1 redrum tear that you went on, lol. But I concur with what someone else said, we'll be waiting for you once NB1 releases per toe suede/nubuck 
nthat.gif

i once met with one of the USA NB shoe designers about two years ago. believe me, NB USA knows about shape problems and they do read forums and comments and understand. i just dont know if or when or how they can try and correct things. the only thing i can say is to keep commenting and saying how you feel on forums and social media.

on a different note i'm running a little NB contest on my IG page:

Simple, they didn't have to add that horrendous inner toe piece, it was fine before that.

Probably mentioned somewhere in here, but sizing info on M577 Yard Pack? Thanks

Also wondering, does the slim toe warrant sizing up from regular 577 MIUK sizing?

Damn @newbalance365  those questions are hard... 

Not gonna lie, i can't answer the majority of those questions and can only hazard a guess for a couple lol

Also, still patiently waiting for the yard pack to go on sale

429321chanjoegifbychandelierrbing.gif

If I wear 10.5 in 998 what should i get for 991?
half up from your 998 size. how do 998s fit on you btw?

Last edited:

Damn @newbalance365  those questions are hard... 

Not gonna lie, i can't answer the majority of those questions and can only hazard a guess for a couple lol

Also, still patiently waiting for the yard pack to go on sale

429321chanjoegifbychandelierrbing.gif

half up from your 998 size. how do 998s fit on you btw?
Really good.... I had bought size 10 997's awhile back and they fit but were pretty tight fit on my big toe. I felt like 998 in 10.5 wasn't much bigger but they definitely fit great, still a little small on big toe but not as tight around the foot as size 997's

Thats it!! Knife fight!!

577 love? Dope colors for spring x summer, discount price($50 I think the pair I seen in Brighton), extra laces, nice shape, whats not to love?

I know they aint for everybody but I love big colors and the 577 model. On the grind for the Reds just to complete the pack.

Thanks for the Brighton Pics. like you said and I reported last week; if you big footed the Brighton FS is for you! Tons of amazing scores like the Ultras, Pebble Blues, English Tenders [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
That right! Quoted myself!! I'm that Ill, that Fly, that Fresh! 

JK...there has been a few questions about UK577 so yeah....I go TTS for all NB (even 997.5) and have no problems but I could go .5 down in 998. I like a med-snug fit and with cold *** New England Weather my sock thickness will vary so I do need a bit of a margin. 

I would go TTS in the normal run of things. If you are a laces are decoration type go .5 or more down as the tongue is short. 

Can anyone comment on these 997JOL? Just wondering which picture is more accurate. First pic from CNCPTS second from HANON...very misleading.

Thanks
nb_m997jol_whtgrey_1_1024x1024.jpg

M997JOL~new-balance-m997jol_P5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom