Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'd be surprised if the Elite 999s weren't made in 11.5. You may want to wait until they hit more stores to see if you can get them in 11.5. But if you have to choose between 11 and 12 I'd say go with 12.
I think you should be good with 9.5 if you like a snug fit. 990s are a little roomy for me.
I'd go TTS for 996s and I'd strongly caution against going a half size up if we're talking about made in USA 996s. If anything I think they fit a little big, but not necessarily big enough to size down.

Not sure if this was posted, but Premier has the navy 990s in 10.5, 11.5, and 13 for $180.

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=8&PID=16052
Thanks I'll wait 'till the elites drop over here to see if we do get an 11.5 and if not I guess I'll have to get 12 because these look too good to pass up

Don't worry guys. If you ordered the 990s from Zappos, they should ship no problem. VIPs get almost immediate shipping (mine shipped within a couple of hours), but others who ordered yesterday should get shipping confirmation today.

Just to clear up the pricing questions - the MSRP on these is $180, so we can't hate on those charging the $180. Zappos screwed up their pricing. Anyone who copped from them got VERY lucky!!

Last edited:
Anyone still looking for the Herschel x NB, Moda3 has red and blue hikers and 420 in limited sizes. Free shipping too.

anyone else getting an error from zappos when checking out with paypal? they're definitely losing an impulse purchase right now :lol: maybe i'll try again later

So last night I did a live message chat with a zappos employee and asked her about the 9.5 990's bc the site was saying that 3 pairs were left but apparently they had just sold out so when I added them they didn't go in to my cart so I opted for the 10s in the end.  I felt it would be fine after hearing some feedback from the guys on here since the consensus says they run snug in the toebox. But what's funny is she sent me a link to amazon saying that she found them for cheaper. I posted the link she directed me to. I hope something doesn't happen were they send everyone this model. It would be crazy though if they sent everybody who bought a pair these instead of the anniversary 990s. She probably made a mistake right?

Amazon product ASIN B005P1A9AK

It would be crazy though if they sent everybody who bought a pair these instead of the anniversary 990s. She probably made a mistake right?

Amazon product ASIN B005P1A9AK
^ they would be getting a lot of returns haha...
lol they aint bout that dad life 
pimp.gif

@Stunnaman I totally agree. I was like these are for like my dad 
roll.gif
 but I didnt wana disrespect anybody on here that might be all for that kinda shoe lol

@verysteri Plus its free returns haha so no hesitation sending them back

Just retired my 4th and final pair of 992's last week...I'm in a pair of 993's now and so far so good (Feels much more in line with the best runner ever ~991~ though I've loved every edition of the 99x series to this point)...I've been sitting pretty with a 99x variant NB since sometime around the summer of 2007 and the various models are my daily beaters...

That being said what's the consensus on the fit of the new 990's? Looking to stock up and if they are anything like the 991 I may just buy enough to last me for a very long time...

Undefeated has the BY 1700s for 160$ plus shipping (assuming)

http://undefeated.com/default/new-balance-1700-beauty-youth-navytan

the 998rr is on zappos too with free shipping at 150$

http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-classics-m998-grey

+ fancy VIP privileges for those that have them too

thanks to eebs7eez with Off the Hook has the 996gl for 96$ that someone asked for a page or so back

http://othshop.ca/footwear/sneakers-trainers/new-balance-996.html
Repped. Thanks for the info on the 998rr. What are the VIP privileges here? I'm a member, but don't know what the difference is...

Damn, now you guys have me freaked out about the Zappos 990! Mine will arrive today, so I'll post as soon as they get here.

PC on some staple pigeon 577's? is 325 shipped too high? should i push for 300?
$325 is high IMO because I don't like them, but the going rate is somewhere between 300-350 from what I've seen. Might be worth it to see if he'll go to 300.

$325 is high IMO because I don't like them, but the going rate is somewhere between 300-350 from what I've seen. Might be worth it to see if he'll go to 300.
+1 on this, I think I've seen various pairs going under 300$ easily too, depending on size as well.

@phinsfan: gtfan mentioned it, something about free next day shipping and first looks to any new products. There's a waiting list, signed up, eh if it's free, might as well

+1 on this, I think I've seen various pairs going under 300$ easily too, depending on size as well.

@phinsfan: gtfan mentioned it, something about free next day shipping and first looks to any new products. There's a waiting list, signed up, eh if it's free, might as well
Yeah, I'm already a member. That's how I got some roshes last year before zappos opened them up to general consumers. If it's between these or the 990s, I'm going with these 998s. Favorite model. Thanks again.

The product description on Zappos specifically mentions the vibram sole on those 990s, so I think they're the right ones. If not, that's a pretty big mistake.

"Vibram[emoji]174[/emoji] rubber outsole provides enhanced grip and traction."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom