Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I know the question has been asked but how do miuk 577 fit? And what's a decent price to pay for a pair of 577gna? Thanks for any help guys

I know the question has been asked but how do miuk 577 fit? And what's a decent price to pay for a pair of 577gna? Thanks for any help guys
I always go with my same 997/998 size which is .5 down from true. (TTS = 9.5, 577 = 9). 

Co-sign what @Remy  said. Half down from TTS, same as 997/998 size. I pretty much wear 11.5 across the board for all my NB's, though I could go down to an 11 for some models (like 998s and 1300s which tend to have wider toe boxes).

Also, 577GNA can be found for retail or less on eBay regularly depending on your size. Don't pay more than that.

You're right, other than the 574's none of the other lifestyle models are offered in wide.  But I did notice that the 996 was actually wider than the 574 wide width.  I was just wondering if there's any other new balance models that tend to run wide?
None of the made in USA models are offered in wide, including the made in USA 574s. You're right, though the 996 toe box is wider than the 574. It's best to try on each model yourself to figure out what feels best and which do run wider. In my experience, though, the 996, 998, 1300 and 1400 (off the top of my head) feel wider in the toe box compared to models like the 997 which have a narrower toe box.

So nice! My M990BTA2 just shipped, I'm super excited!
Make sure to take pics! Those are so nice, may be my first pair of 990 V2's that I go after. 

Yup! Some guy on ebay was liquidating his collection during Christmas and i got them VNDS for 200.

One of my pickups of 2016

And @moshepark, those look so good. Really nice to see broken-in horween
Thanks, @mykoh  I'll keep wearing these but I'm hoping to work on the 997BEXP next. Also, great price on the C-Notes!

Cnotes and indy pickups are
smokin.gif

kinda making me jelly 

Can anybody tell me if any of these run as wide as Saucony jazz, shadow 5000, or grid 9000?

When I compare my sauconys to the NB 574 or 996 soles I noticed the sauconys were easily a half inch wider.
maybe slightly wider than the sauconys. 996 are not wide at all--narrow in the toe like 997. courageous prob wider than jazz & grid

Where you grab from? Anywhere on sale yet?

I grabbed my pair from Concepts. Not much of a discount, but I was able to apply a code that was meant for sale items (they corrected it shortly after) and got around $55 off and free shipping. So I went ahead and took the bait

Someone please convince me why it is a bad idea to purchase 4 pairs of the Yard Pack. Thank you.

6 months from now you will be asking yourself why.

They all have too much in common.
Pick one or two and let it be

Last edited:
You are right. I have narrowed it down to 3 pairs now, lol. Trying to talk myself out of it.
stick to the 577 plus max one additional pair (991.5 or 1500). imho the 577 is the best pair of the pack when it comes to the use of colors, for me its an instant classic especially if  you consider its the first 577 in a long time with that marvelous shape. i'm not a friend of the 991.5 and would prefer the 1500 (but somehow don't like the red heel). but to each his own. as both of the latter pairs share the same sole unit i would limit the purchase to one of those pairs.

Back
Top Bottom