Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

jaysis NB has no chill

@moshepark  SP heavily filters their shots though, so i'd reserve final judgment, but that navy nubuck looks glorious. 

also kinda bummed i missed out on the m990drk2 on concepts

they've still got a size 7 and 8 though: http://cncpts.com/collections/new-balance/products/new-balance-m990drk2-green-mist

and also the 998BESP for 200: http://cncpts.com/collections/special-promotions/products/new-balance-m998besp-brown-silver
Concepts seems to put their NB's up on sale fairly quickly. I gotta keep an eye out to see if and when they slash the Horweens they got for sale.

Also, I agree that SP heavily filters, although I feel like their more recent product shots have been more on point with what the shoes actually look like so I'm hoping that these are pretty accurate. Even so, based on these shots that shade of navy on the 995DN looks like the color of the saddle on the Ronnie Fieg 998s aka my favorite color ever. Definitely keeping my eyes open for these...

@mykoh   are you still holding out on the Yard Pack to go on sale or have you caved in yet? 

I'll be waiting for the new 997 Horween to go on sale.
Just going to say this. The pics at sneaker politics are killing me! Again someone say they used filter heavily so I will wait for more on feet pic. Between this grey horween 997, the 998 besp and the danner 585 I can only choose two at best............

i just want to clarify that the olive 247 on the jcrew is not a jcrew exclusive and it is a GR colorway (i guess jcrew got em early?) and that $90 is the standard retail price for GR suede 247s

i just want to clarify that the olive 247 on the jcrew is not a jcrew exclusive and it is a GR colorway (i guess jcrew got em early?) and that $90 is the standard retail price for GR suede 247s
Hey good to learn that. And wanna say Hi as your IG followers

Concepts seems to put their NB's up on sale fairly quickly. I gotta keep an eye out to see if and when they slash the Horweens they got for sale.

Also, I agree that SP heavily filters, although I feel like their more recent product shots have been more on point with what the shoes actually look like so I'm hoping that these are pretty accurate. Even so, based on these shots that shade of navy on the 995DN looks like the color of the saddle on the Ronnie Fieg 998s aka my favorite color ever. Definitely keeping my eyes open for these...

@mykoh   are you still holding out on the Yard Pack to go on sale or have you caved in yet? 
I'm holding out so far! Recently copped Roses, C-notes and JP2s so it's a little easier to convince myself to resist. That is until some ridiculous sale comes along..

Anyone see these yet? 995DN. Haven't copped any 995's yet but these may be my first. That dark navy nubuck is fire... The closeup shots on the site are even better.

Yeah, you're right. Usually when UK NBs hit the states they end up being marked up in price so even with discounts they end up the same price.

I've been emailing random Euro shops who haven't released them and have asked if they're getting the Yard Pack. We'll see what they say. Moment I see the 577 or 991.5 pop up in my size I'm copping.

Those look solid. I've always loved the 995 and looking forward to receiving the grey pair tomorrow. I'll post pics once in hand.

I'll be home visiting Boston in two weeks. Hopefully the flagship has the DN by then.

Those look solid. I've always loved the 995 and looking forward to receiving the grey pair tomorrow. I'll post pics once in hand.

I'll be home visiting Boston in two weeks. Hopefully the flagship has the DN by then.
Did you go tts on the 995's?

What is the widest model that new balance sells?

I normally wear an 11 in Saucony, I've tried both the 574 wide and 996 USA  in size 11 and they were too narrow for my wide feet.  An 11.5 in 574 regular width was too narrow as well.

What is the widest model that new balance sells?

I normally wear an 11 in Saucony, I've tried both the 574 wide and 996 USA  in size 11 and they were too narrow for my wide feet.  An 11.5 in 574 regular width was too narrow as well.

I'm not sure if their lifestyle shoes (basically every shoe talked about in this thread) vary in widths like their other shoes do but NB widths varies from A (narrow) to E (extra wide).

I'm not sure if their lifestyle shoes (basically every shoe talked about in this thread) vary in widths like their other shoes do but NB widths varies from A (narrow) to E (extra wide).

I don't believe any of their lifestyle shoes offer wider options

Last edited:
#OfficeLinoleumFriday

You're right, other than the 574's none of the other lifestyle models are offered in wide.  But I did notice that the 996 was actually wider than the 574 wide width.  I was just wondering if there's any other new balance models that tend to run wide?

Last edited:

You're right, other than the 574's none of the other lifestyle models are offered in wide.  But I did notice that the 996 was actually wider than the 574 wide width.  I was just wondering if there's any other new balance models that tend to run wide?
580s,577s. 1300s

New pickup?

They look so good
Yup! Some guy on ebay was liquidating his collection during Christmas and i got them VNDS for 200.

One of my pickups of 2016

And @moshepark, those look so good. Really nice to see broken-in horween

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom